Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question - is mouthwash good or bad?

FancyMancy

Vbn6B9d.png

Considering they contain fluoride, that alone is a bad idea.

Even just rinsing the mouth with water is enough. Chemicals may seem beneficial, but in the long run they damage the natural balance we have. Personally, I used to use fluoride-free toothpaste, but over time I found that just brushing with water was enough. There are chemicals in toothpastes that make teeth feel more slippery, so people think their teeth are clean even with a simple brushing, but this feeling is a deception. If you brush your teeth with water only, it is easier to feel that you have cleaned them properly. At the same time, you are not damaging the balance of bacteria in the mouth with chemicals.

You don't need mouthwash or toothpaste to keep your mouth smelling fresh and your teeth clean. It is enough to eat a healthy and balanced diet (including probiotic foods), rinse with water after eating and brush your teeth with water. If you still have bad breath, if your teeth are decaying, it is important to identify the root cause.

Of course, this is a personal opinion based on my research and experience. The choice is yours.

There are many ingredients in mouth wash that can be detrimental to your health, if you are using mouth wash stop using it! Even if you don't swallow it, your skin (especially inside of your mouth) will absorb it. You can use water + added salt as a replacement, this will help in cleaning your teeth but also heal the gum by supplying nutrients & absorbing excess water that might have been stored inside of it.

Use salt from ancient lakes like Himalaya salt for the best result.
You can keep the salted water in your mouth for as long as you want.

You can swallow salted water as its healthy for you (especially when its hot or when you are sweating a lot).
Salted water can alleviate pain and discomfort from swollen and / or infected gum.
Also when brushing your teeth use natural toothpaste, its more expensive but shouldn't effect your health negatively compared to other toothpastes.

I once got, and I have no idea where from, some sort of dental stick. It is wood, presumably with some dental things in it or natural oils from the tree if it is not processed, that one chews on. I don't know if they last for a few days, one single use, or until you check it to pieces.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back