Hello. Can I not say, not recall, and not think about, and accordingly not do what's stated in the current rituals? I mean that in practically every ritual I'm supposed to remember something, do something, fix something, but I don't want to do that! Why should I have to do that? I don't even know what justice I'm supposed to restore. I don't know what good deeds I could do, and I don't want to do them either — I have enough of my own issues to deal with. Can I just do these rituals without coming up with or promising anything? Or would it be better not to do them at all in that case?

The Gods I don't want to do what's stated in the rituals
The rituals have to be done just once, even if there is nothing that comes to mind you can continue. there is an extra day of reflection, when you calm the mind down and when circumstances offer a brief period of rest you can reflect back to the ritual
0
The rituals have to be done just once, even if there is nothing that comes to mind you can continue. there is an extra day of reflection, when you calm the mind down and when circumstances offer a brief period of rest you can reflect back to the ritual
What's the point of performing them if you don't want anything they have to offer? Rituals dedicated to the Gods are performed with respect and reverence, not with apathy and a lack of interest.
0
What's the point of performing them if you don't want anything they have to offer? Rituals dedicated to the Gods are performed with respect and reverence, not with apathy and a lack of interest.
If you have no interest in doing anything, then why are you even bothering with writing this?
0
If you have no interest in doing anything, then why are you even bothering with writing this?
Brother, when you became a member of our spiritual family, you knew how important it is for all of us to collectively take part in this spiritual work. If for any reason you have problems, leave them and return with a clear heart. Our gods want us to be true, not perfect.
0
Brother, when you became a member of our spiritual family, you knew how important it is for all of us to collectively take part in this spiritual work. If for any reason you have problems, leave them and return with a clear heart. Our gods want us to be true, not perfect.
These Rituals are designed to help YOU. The reason there are certain things you’re asked to do at the end of each Ritual is to help you grow and advance. Sometimes, the things we need to do for our own growth and advancement aren’t necessarily things we want to do in that moment. This is why these Rituals are so beneficial: they essentially force you to get up and take action in your life in the areas where action is necessary, areas you may not have taken action in otherwise.
HAIL THOTH
HAIL OSIRIS
HAIL ZEFS
0
These Rituals are designed to help YOU. The reason there are certain things you’re asked to do at the end of each Ritual is to help you grow and advance. Sometimes, the things we need to do for our own growth and advancement aren’t necessarily things we want to do in that moment. This is why these Rituals are so beneficial: they essentially force you to get up and take action in your life in the areas where action is necessary, areas you may not have taken action in otherwise.
Hello.
All spiritual practices (and especially Ritual Theurgy which connects us to the ultimate Gods' intelligences) in Zevism are very very real and very powerful soul acts which has weight and far-reaching impressions/effects for our being when we participate in them - these are not like, for example, empty unspiritual sacraments of some non-Zevist religions. Zevist Rituals are active processes, where we are active participants, that requires delicate care and religious seriousness of conduct at all times, before, during, and after, as we are in the presence of God in that time.
Where our minds go during Ritual, even in meditation, is critically important. The words listed for focus require our attention and full awareness. Please note that these are important parts of the Ritual that must be completed when we choose to perform and commune with our Gods. The paragraphs we are required to state are in fact prayers that we are speaking to the Divine for the blessings (and duties) involved that will help our souls connect with our Great Gods.
I understand that daily life matters can feel very consuming of our energy and attention, but Zevism is a space where we are able to truly work towards our soul's growth, a reprieve to enter our spirituality, and heal our hearts of the world we face each day.
For the Chthonic God Rituals in specific, instructions of the ritual states to read through the entire Ritual before beginning, this is to ensure we prepare our minds adequately for addressing the specific existential concerns that the Ritual deals with, deliberately and specifically, so we can reflect on our existence. Doing so has impacts on our life and soul trajectory. One of the gifts of Zevism is the blessing of being consciously aware of our path and working towards changing that, retaking our personal power and responsibility, which is an important part of many of our spiritual practices.
0
Hello.
All spiritual practices (and especially Ritual Theurgy which connects us to the ultimate Gods' intelligences) in Zevism are very very real and very powerful soul acts which has weight and far-reaching impressions/effects for our being when we participate in them - these are not like, for example, empty unspiritual sacraments of some non-Zevist religions. Zevist Rituals are active processes, where we are active participants, that requires delicate care and religious seriousness of conduct at all times, before, during, and after, as we are in the presence of God in that time.
Where our minds go during Ritual, even in meditation, is critically important. The words listed for focus require our attention and full awareness. Please note that these are important parts of the Ritual that must be completed when we choose to perform and commune with our Gods. The paragraphs we are required to state are in fact prayers that we are speaking to the Divine for the blessings (and duties) involved that will help our souls connect with our Great Gods.
I understand that daily life matters can feel very consuming of our energy and attention, but Zevism is a space where we are able to truly work towards our soul's growth, a reprieve to enter our spirituality, and heal our hearts of the world we face each day.
For the Chthonic God Rituals in specific, instructions of the ritual states to read through the entire Ritual before beginning, this is to ensure we prepare our minds adequately for addressing the specific existential concerns that the Ritual deals with, deliberately and specifically, so we can reflect on our existence. Doing so has impacts on our life and soul trajectory. One of the gifts of Zevism is the blessing of being consciously aware of our path and working towards changing that, retaking our personal power and responsibility, which is an important part of many of our spiritual practices.
Everyone's got problems and plenty of people start working with the Gods and thing such as witchcraft precisely because they need help with something. You can conduct your own personal spiritual practice, do your own rituals, etc. that don't include commitments you're unable or unwilling to make or sacrificing personal boundaries you don't want to cross.
By the way, did you know that it is a statistically rare phenomenon for people like us to even exist on Earth right now? Most people are either spiritually against the Gods due to religious and cultural programming and misinformation, or believe they're fake or don't even know they exist on any capacity. Give yourself a pat on the back and relax. It already benefits the Gods a lot that you're even interested and they're more than willing to work with you. You got this, brother. Take care.
Hail Zeus ⚡️
0
Everyone's got problems and plenty of people start working with the Gods and thing such as witchcraft precisely because they need help with something. You can conduct your own personal spiritual practice, do your own rituals, etc. that don't include commitments you're unable or unwilling to make or sacrificing personal boundaries you don't want to cross.
By the way, did you know that it is a statistically rare phenomenon for people like us to even exist on Earth right now? Most people are either spiritually against the Gods due to religious and cultural programming and misinformation, or believe they're fake or don't even know they exist on any capacity. Give yourself a pat on the back and relax. It already benefits the Gods a lot that you're even interested and they're more than willing to work with you. You got this, brother. Take care.
Hail Zeus ⚡️
This is the targeted message.
I probably didn't fully explain my point of view. I can do what I understand — I perform the Gods' rituals, and when I'm going through a hard period in life or I'm sick, meaning at times when I don't want to do them, have no strength, and feel bad, I still do them. But now the problem that's come up is that, on top of my generally overloaded nervous system, I'm supposed to do something I don't understand. I don't understand specifically what righteous act I'm supposed to perform. Is it a hint to donate to the Temple? Well, I have problems with that, and not just financially. What else could I do? Especially late at night, if I do the rituals in the evening. Go hand out money for alcohol to homeless people, go look for old women with outstretched hands, spend time giving advice to someone who isn't asking for it. First of all, nothing comes to mind for this or for the other requirements in the rituals. Secondly, even what I listed, or anything else that does come to mind, isn't perceived by me as the right solution. Thirdly, this is a subjective decision — for someone a given action is good, for someone else it's bad, and for a third person it has no value, with fairly weighty reasons behind that.
1
I probably didn't fully explain my point of view. I can do what I understand — I perform the Gods' rituals, and when I'm going through a hard period in life or I'm sick, meaning at times when I don't want to do them, have no strength, and feel bad, I still do them. But now the problem that's come up is that, on top of my generally overloaded nervous system, I'm supposed to do something I don't understand. I don't understand specifically what righteous act I'm supposed to perform. Is it a hint to donate to the Temple? Well, I have problems with that, and not just financially. What else could I do? Especially late at night, if I do the rituals in the evening. Go hand out money for alcohol to homeless people, go look for old women with outstretched hands, spend time giving advice to someone who isn't asking for it. First of all, nothing comes to mind for this or for the other requirements in the rituals. Secondly, even what I listed, or anything else that does come to mind, isn't perceived by me as the right solution. Thirdly, this is a subjective decision — for someone a given action is good, for someone else it's bad, and for a third person it has no value, with fairly weighty reasons behind that.
Thank you for further clarifying what you mean to say. It's important to be in touch with yourself and not to exert when you are ill. There are some breathing exercises (see Sama Vritti Pranayama - Mastering the Breath) and practices (Anti-Anxiety KY Meditation (for stress, grief, etc) and studies like High Priestess Lydia Coventina's series on the Yoga Sutras and writings on Trauma) that can help you regulate yourself when your nervous system is overloaded.
To help you understand restorative and righteous acts in the context of Zevism, you can have a read through the Ethics & Guidelines of Zevism Section. In general, Theophoric acts which are aligned with Ma'at and lead to Good Order (another great text to help you understand: Satya, Ma'at and Arete: The Cosmos Around the Throne of Zeus ). It is not necessarily charity, and definitely not misplaced charity, as you will come to understand. Examples can be cultivating your soul through meditation and education/study (instead of somebody doomscrolling or going off of baseless assumptions, for example), contributing to society and future generations though a chosen life path and profession, engaging in healthy eating habits and regular physical exercise, maintaining healthy reciprocal relationships with others who are beneficial for you, telling the truth (when it is safe for you to do so) and prioritising just acts, being helpful and respectful if the situation calls for it. To continuously work towards cultivating the Tenets of Ma'at and resist Izfet/Entropy/Dissipation on spiritual, personal and civilisational scales.
In the Chthonic Ritual to God Phobos for example, this dealt with our fears. It was emphasised to understand what true fear was over false or imagined fear. Anyone who overthinks about a real situation knows what imagined fear is, which to dwell upon can disempower you and only leads to confusion and error. But courageously facing the true fear in the situation, what really exists, leads to ones evolution in the same endeavour. The Ritual notes (at the bottom of each Ritual) can explain the context of the different Rituals and it is important to reflect after also reading through the entire page before beginning.
Thank you for further clarifying what you mean to say. It's important to be in touch with yourself and not to exert when you are ill. There are some breathing exercises (see Sama Vritti Pranayama - Mastering the Breath) and practices (Anti-Anxiety KY Meditation (for stress, grief, etc) and studies like High Priestess Lydia Coventina's series on the Yoga Sutras and writings on Trauma) that can help you regulate yourself when your nervous system is overloaded.
To help you understand restorative and righteous acts in the context of Zevism, you can have a read through the Ethics & Guidelines of Zevism Section. In general, Theophoric acts which are aligned with Ma'at and lead to Good Order (another great text to help you understand: Satya, Ma'at and Arete: The Cosmos Around the Throne of Zeus ). It is not necessarily charity, and definitely not misplaced charity, as you will come to understand. Examples can be cultivating your soul through meditation and education/study (instead of somebody doomscrolling or going off of baseless assumptions, for example), contributing to society and future generations though a chosen life path and profession, engaging in healthy eating habits and regular physical exercise, maintaining healthy reciprocal relationships with others who are beneficial for you, telling the truth (when it is safe for you to do so) and prioritising just acts, being helpful and respectful if the situation calls for it. To continuously work towards cultivating the Tenets of Ma'at and resist Izfet/Entropy/Dissipation on spiritual, personal and civilisational scales.
In the Chthonic Ritual to God Phobos for example, this dealt with our fears. It was emphasised to understand what true fear was over false or imagined fear. Anyone who overthinks about a real situation knows what imagined fear is, which to dwell upon can disempower you and only leads to confusion and error. But courageously facing the true fear in the situation, what really exists, leads to ones evolution in the same endeavour. The Ritual notes (at the bottom of each Ritual) can explain the context of the different Rituals and it is important to reflect after also reading through the entire page before beginning.
