Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Fleas at house from birds

Yagami Light

Website
odysee.com
Hello. Whoever has had experience with fleas, you must know that they're a nightmare.

I don't own any pets, but my house got fleas because I was hanging my clothes at the balcony, and some birds that had fleas were hanging around in the balconies.
I'm not the only one who has this problem - all apartments whose balconies faced the same direction as mine have an issue.

I was told to spray (with a spray for fleas for animals) to the floor and the furniture.
To vacuum everyday and change the vacuum bag every 2 days.
To wash all my clothes In high temperature and to iron them in high temperature.

The washing and ironing of my clothes is the real problem for me because this thing takes a lot of time.

I wonder if anyone has had experience with this and found a quicker solution?
I understand that the main problem is the fleas' eggs, which can survive high temperatures (both washing machine and iron!) and the spray as well! And their hatching time can take from a few days to a month (according to Google).

It's such a pain to have to do all these things for at least a month because the time that's required is very troubling.

I wonder if anyone has found a different approach. Thank you.

you should call an exterminator. they use strong stuffs that are not sold outside or markets

Thank you, Krishna and Ol argedco. I ended up being... very patient. I took a strong anti-flee spray, and I sprayed my whole room and balcony. I also put my clothes in one wardrobe, and I sprayed them all. I kept spraying them every two days.
I kept a handful of clothes that I was wearing often in a room away from my bedroom (where the infestation had taken place), and I was washing them in high temperatures and ironing them in high temperatures. In that way, I knew that these few clothes were always flee-free.

I believe that the flees were exterminated within two weeks, but I kept the clothes at the wardrobe (not spraying so often) for close to a month.

Then, I washed everything, and ironed everything for one last time.

I'm writing all this for anyone who might have the same problem as me in the future.

The trick (to save time), is to only keep a handful of clothes you're wearing on a daily basis (it's best if you avoid variety for a month) ina separate, clean place, and only wash in high temperature and iron these few clothes.

Put the rest in a wardrobe/closet (where you know there's a flee infestation, anyway), and spray them every two days (the eggs can hatch from two days).

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back