Header Wallpaper

Study: What Study Gives You – Autobiographies

AvatarHigh Priestess Lydia Coventina4 min to read

So many times over the years, I have received messages from young members asking why they feel a certain way, or what they had a certain experience. They act like they truly don't understand this.

I have been reading biographies and autobiographies from a young age. The things that happen in my life, and that happen in other peoples lives, I have read about already so they do not take me by surprise. Reading other people's first hand accounts of various situations teaches us. It shows us how not to act, as in the case of many people who make epic mistakes such as rock stars (don't do drugs!), or people who made business mistakes, marriage mistakes, and so on.

And in many cases, you read advice on how to manage something well, such as someone with better social skills than you and reading how they navigated various social situations in real life.

When you read the perspective of many people, you develop a calmness in the face of calamity. Why? Because you already know about it. There is no unpleasant surprise. It’s normal. You read first-hand about people who hit rock bottom, and then things turn around (provided they do not continue with drugs, for example).

But for many of you who have never ready biographies, you do not know these things, and you are at the disadvantage. A small calamity hits and you freak out, thinking it’s the end of the world.

I have a theory that if more people read autobiographies, less people would commit suicide. You will read how other people had it just as bad as you, even worse than you, and they pulled through, turned their lives around, and came out on top. That gives real hope, because it actually happened.

Many of you, and people in real life, tell me in anxiety about some rather small problem and wonder why I’m not freaking out with them. That’s because I already heard far worse, the person overcame it, you can too.

As an example: recently a young male Zevist asked me why he feels fiery and needing to do something all the time, even though Fire is not his main element in his chart. He thought it was just him. If you read autobiographies of men, it’s obvious this is normal. Nearly all young people, especially men, feel that way. In Tarot terms, age 18-35 is the Knight cards, and Fire is the element of all Knights (combined with the element of their suit). All young people have fire, this is designed by nature to make you get out and do something with your life. Do not suppress it, do not deny it, let it out and accomplish something.

And that’s just autobiographies that I speak of for this post. Find books about your hobbies, yes videos on youtube are fine but if you want to delve into something then read actual books by experts in the field.

Here is an excerpt from the new Temple of Zeus Study section, Beginner Level:

For PDFs, since not everyone buys all the books they read, you can install a PDF reader that allows you to make highlights. You can keep a digital journal of your notes, mention the page of the book, and write your notes. Keeping this in a real physical notebook is better in some ways, it’s nice to keep a real copy to look through, but this may not suit everyone. If you keep your copy on a device, make sure to back it up frequently. Reviewing is mentioned in the Intermediate Study Level section.

There is recommended reading by High Priest for each level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) listed, making your start and your journey much easier!

“Study becomes a way of life: deep, lifelong, shared with others and turned into action.” – Advanced Study Level.

The smart person learns from their life experiences...

The wise person learns from other people’s life experiences.

As an additional point of interest: When you read an autobiography, get the person's natal chart. This helps with learning astrology and personality traits. I once read an autobiography of a person who happened to have some very similar placements as someone I know in real life, that was an interesting experience. Also keeping an eye on the transits through that person's life will help with learning predictive astrology, you can find at least some of their solar returns as well.

#1
This is the targeted message.

When I search topics online about how to study, many of them try to teach how to read 20 pages in let's say ten minutes. Not many, or if any, teaches here what Zevism teaches. Read slowly, carefully, underline sentences that are important and during the night recall what you learned from reading. I am so grateful we finally received information on how to properly study.

#2

I added:

"As an additional point of interest: When you read an autobiography, get the person's natal chart. This helps with learning astrology and personality traits. I once read an autobiography of a person who happened to have some very similar placements as someone I know in real life, that was an interesting experience. Also keeping an eye on the transits through that person's life will help with learning predictive astrology, you can find at least some of their solar returns as well."

#3

Many people sometimes tend to approach problems in a way that is not proportionate to the actual magnitude of the problem itself, making problems seem larger and larger and allowing them to expand. This happens because they observe them from a position that is too close, so close that they allow that particular problem to take over a large part of their field of vision.

It is very important to know how to change the vantage point from which we observe our own existence, moving it toward a different and better position from which things can be seen with greater clarity and from a broader perspective.

I believe that by reading biographies and autobiographies and observing the lives of the people we know, we temporarily immerse ourselves in another existence that can teach us a great deal; this becomes a window through which we can observe our own lives more clearly and approach them in a fairer and more proportionate way.

I once had someone dear to me who was many years older than me, and before he passed away, he shared with me much of what he had learned and experienced throughout his own life. This allowed me to acquire practical knowledge about in half the time and, in recent times, to avoid mistakes that would have cost me dearly, setting my life on a better course than it might have followed had I never known this person.

Reading about and observing the lives of other people truly puts our own experiences into perspective.

Thank you High Priestess for sharing this 🙏🏻

Ἀρετή καὶ Τιμή

Dove l'essenza dell'esistenza risiede
Il nulla dell'oblio viene superato
E il figlio prode avanza verso la Vittoria.

#4

This is a very interesting theory, and I believe the same. I often read about the biographies of successful people, or learn about their lives in other ways, and the effect is exactly as you describe. It gives me a sense that my goals are achievable, even under worse conditions than the ones I am currently facing. Sometimes there can be a tendency to think we are special in our sufferings and that we have it harder than everyone else, when in fact there are people who became extremely successful with way worse circustances.

For example, I really enjoy reading about the lives of self-made millionaires, how they think, how they behave when faced with certain circumstances, and what they believe to be true, how they talk to themselves, how they perceive the world and life. I think that constantly exposing ourselves to these kinds of examples slowly changes our perception of what is realistic and possible. Instead of seeing success as something distant or reserved for a certain type of person, which is a common thing people think especially when it comes to money... we slowly start to see it as something that can be replicated. If someone has done it before then it's not impossible, and maybe, if it wasn't done before, maybe you can even be the first to do it and inspire other people when they read your biography.

#5

Thank you High Priestess Lydia Coventina! I share this opinion completely, young people would all feel much less alone if they knew that what they are experiencing may be new to them but that others have made it through similar, if not worse situations 💯

The human spirit can be so inspiring and resilient, even in the face of immense odds, and such stories need to be told and studied for the benefit of our whole species as it shows what we can all be capable of with the right actions and principles guiding us through 🔥

I also recommend reading through the Zevist Personalities section as a start, since it shows us how to see this topic in a way where we can recognise the specific contributions people have made towards preserving and building upon the spark of the culture of the Gods which Zevism has so clearly brought back to us all 💚🙏✨️

#6

Thank you, High Priestess Lydia Coventina, with deepest reverence!🙏

Let us uphold the Temple of Zeus as the bastion of ascent!

#7

This is a very interesting subject! As a recovering drug addict, I have come to realize that listening to others who have been in the same situation- and have managed to turn their lives around- offers valuable lessons. Understanding that my own situation might not have been the worst, and that others have endured far greater hardships, helps me approach my own problems with humility. I have decided to study addictology , as I realize that what we learn in the temple will have a profound impact on that profession. Helping others is one of the most noble things one can do in life. This is my calling! If my experience can benefit others, they take on a deep meaningful purpose. Thank you for sharing this Lydia, this motivated me even more! 🙏

#8

Having written a number of articles on the more modern Personalities myself, I can only attest High Priestess' sentiment. One example I came back to recently was Mark Twain. Speaking as someone who has written quite a lot themselves, I'd say people underestimate just how much a writer can pour themselves into their work, and how it ultimately serves to reflect their persona and ethos.

I use Mark Twain as an example, as he was an extremely well travelled man, who never failed to make his opinions very apparent. Why I believe his work is especially valuable is the chronology it provides. Many of Twain's views at the end of his life were completely contrary to the ones at the beginning. This does not make him a hypocrite, but rather someone who was not at all stagnant, whose views changed as he experienced the world of his era. In that way, his works demonstrate the refinement of his perspective.

When it comes to writing in general, you'll typically find the most influential creatives often had hard or eventful lives. I have known people who were undoubtedly talented but often failed to make anything truly compelling. Though it sounds a little abstract, people can tell when writing comes from a place that's authentic, or "real", if you will. There's a common culture phrase these days that jests that a truly skilled writer writes like "someone took everything from them."

To end on a more topical note, for anyone who wishes to specifically read an autobiography belonging to a Zevist personality, the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin is considered one of the greats, even if he never quite managed to finish it in his lifetime.

#9

Thank you, High Priestess, for such a helpful sermon. It’s only recently that I started tracking and journaling what is happening around me and in my life, as well as what I have been studying. Somehow, I had never considered other people’s biographies as another way of learning from their experiences. This is definitely something I will add to my study routine.

When all your flesh fails you, and when the darkest darkness falls upon you, always remember the Gods and keep them in your heart. The Faith in the Gods can level mountains. All obstacles that you have today, you have the ability to overcome them. You must know this in full confidence, you must ingrain this in your heart.

~HPZM

#10

Thank you High Priestess!

Studying the life of great personalities is useful, especially if combined with Astrology.

For example analyzing how their life changed during the First Return of Saturn, etc...

#11

Thankyou High Priestess ! 🙏🏼

#12

Greetings, everyone! Thank you for the useful information. Once I heard a man say, If all people wrote their problems on a piece of paper and put them in a bag, would you draw one out in exchange for your own problems? Without hesitation, I said, No.And you know, the more I think about it, the clearer I understand: other people's problems are never easier than our own they're just different.