Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Lady Maat

Quercus

I had to stop myself from getting lost in the details with this artwork 😆
But egyptian ornaments is an interesting topic to look into. So many beautiful designs...

Also the dot next to Her eye was an accident..
The pen dropped and a few ink drops landed on the page. Made me hold my breath for a moment 🫣
Luckily I could conceal most of them - and the remaining one on Her face looks like a beauty mark. I do think it kinda fits 😊🌸

Lady Maat.jpg

I am very impressed. From the level of symbolism to the extent of detail and color palette, this truly is beautiful.

I am very impressed. From the level of symbolism to the extent of detail and color palette, this truly is beautiful.

This is truly beautiful and exceptional. However, I don't know much about drawing, but is there something wrong with the face? There could be some proportional / perspective error around the eyebrows / eyes / upper nose. But I might be wrong.

Spontaneously I had to think: nobody is perfect. It is precisely the small mistakes that make someone likeable.
The wonderful goddess Maat reminds us all the time that we have to achieve a balance between chaos and order every day.
Hail Satan!
Hail Lucifer!
Hail Wotan!

You drew this on paper? This is absolutely brilliant!
Thank you! Yes, it's on paper. 🙂
I love traditional painting/drawing techniques the most. Even through I try to get into digital drawings, I always get back to drawing on paper (also because I have dozens of different types of paper and pens 😆)

This is crazy.
🙂🙃🙂
Thank you!

Breathtakingly beautiful.
🤩 Thank you!

" Maat, Ma-Atit, Ma-Atem, Ma-Atah!!! " 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hail The Queen of TRUTH MAAT 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

View attachment 3689
❤️
Hail Lady Maat!
May She always keep us on the path of justice.

😃
Thank you! Hearing this from a knowledgeable Artist makes me very happy. I really enjoyed your well written posts on how to draw 🙏

As for the color palette/symbolism, I tried to keep it as close to ancient depictions of Lady Maat and Egyptian ornamental designs as possible, while still going for a "modern" style.

Beautiful :)
Thank you! 😊

This is truly beautiful and exceptional. However, I don't know much about drawing, but is there something wrong with the face? There could be some proportional / perspective error around the eyebrows / eyes / upper nose. But I might be wrong.
Yes, I know what you mean 😅
I've noticed it just after posting, but it's too late now..
I think it's because I tried to change the perspective a little bit from the typical Egyptian side-view. Gives me a reason to practise more to understand how it really works 😆
Thank you for noticing and pointing it out. This helps me to get better.
😀

Absolutely amazing.
Thank you! 🌟

TOP LEVEL
💯
Thank you!

Incredibly beautiful! :):)
You have a talent for painting. KEEP GOING!
🌺
Thank you!
I will never stop making art
😄

I think it's because I tried to change the perspective a little bit from the typical Egyptian side-view. Gives me a reason to practise more to understand how it really works 😆
Thank you for noticing and pointing it out. This helps me to get better.
😀

Yeah it's very hard to draw a face like this properly. But practice makes perfect. Overall you are awesome and very talented!

Wow!!! This is so amazing!!! 😲

I really love the detail you put into this drawing! I also really like how the wings turned out.
I used to struggle with them in the past.

Good job!! I hope we can all see more of your artwork in the future!!! 💖

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back