Header Wallpaper

When Our Loved Ones “Die”

AvatarHigh Priestess Lydia Coventina7 min to read

I wrote this post many months ago, but never published it. Today I read the Ritual of Thanotos in preparation for leading it for our current schedule, and I remembered about this post and decided to publish it.

As I am writing so deeply from my Heart, I will blur the lines a bit and use a unisex name to give some semblance of privacy.

Jamie was my best friend growing up and a close relative. As small children, age 5-7, Jamie figured out mudras and taught them to me. A few years later, breath of fire. We tried pyrokinesis, telekinesis, telepathy, and other forms of the occult. As teens, one day Jamie came to me in excitement, having learned to astral project.

And then, that phone call where I learned of Jamie's death. I still hear it haunting my mind every so often: “Jamie’s dead” in a flat tone of voice on the other end of the line. That accompanying clutch in my chest, the as-yet uncontrollable tightening of my face.

The next year and a half were filled with misery, grief, and sadness. I woke in the mornings with no enthusiasm for my day, dreading the emptiness, the lack of connection with my best friend. I didn’t understand at the time but I now know I suffered from heavy depression. Bereavement has no care for overcoming any weakness. Inner strength must be found elsewhere, but I did not have it then.

And then one fated night, Zeus lead me to His Temple, our website. With the meditations and Yoga, I became alive again. My soul was growing its spark back.

I decided to make a Ouija board in hopes of communicating better with my Guardian Daemon. I sat down at it, and asked if anyone was there. The planchette moved to “Yes”, then proceeded to spell out Jamie's name.

I froze.

Then, adrenaline rushed through my system. Surely this must be some cruel trick of enemy entities, trying to mess with me when I was already down. I put away my board and did not touch it again for a long time.

Over the next years, I increased my psychic ability thanks to the meditations available in the ToZ. After some time, Jamie was right next to me, in astral spirit form. These visits continued every so often over the next few years. They brought comfort to my heart, and helped me understand that it was indeed Jamie on the other side of that Ouija board.

One day, a Zevist friend online through our forums who died also came to visit me, I could sense he was happy I remembered him.

On Jamie’s birthday nearly 10 years after their death, I received a piece of information about the birth town of a random person online; it was the same tiny village Jamie had been born in. The odds of that happening were impossible; Jamie’s birthday, and name of place of birth. I went into a trance and contacted one of our Gods: Jamie had been reincarnated, born again on that day, at that approximate moment.

Since then, we have met up again on the astral a few times. The Gods guided me there in my “sleep”. Jamie remembers me, remembers out connection; but through the process of incarnating again, things are a bit different, but will be similar again upon full Remembrance of the soul when Jamie spiritually advances.

More recently, an elderly relative died. He had suffered from dementia and many health ailments and frailness in his final years. Upon his death, he was transported to me briefly. He was again as a young man: strong, full of life and vigor.

Our loved ones live again, and one day, we will meet them again. Death is not final for us and our loved ones. As painful as it feels, as empty and lonely as it may seem, death is merely a temporary departure from our current life.

My heart always goes on.

The following poetry I remembered upon waking this morning and thinking of the above:

Because I could not stop for Death,

He kindly stopped for me;

The carriage held but just ourselves

And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,

And I had put away

My labor, and my leisure too,

For his civility.

We passed the school where children played,

Their lessons scarcely done;

We passed the fields of gazing grain,

We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, he passed us,

The dews drew quivering and chill;

For only gossamer, my gown,

My tippet – only tulle.

We paused before a house that seemed

A swelling of the ground;

The roof was scarcely visible,

The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries; but each

Feels shorter than the day

I first surmised the horses' heads

Were toward eternity.

-Emily Dickinson, 1890

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."

-Peter Pan, final scene of the original play by J.M. Barrie, 1904

Hathor, Nebet Amentet, Lady of the West!

You stand at the threshold where the living pass into the eternal.

You receive the souls of the righteous beneath the sycamore tree

and offer them bread and water and shade.

No one who comes to you in truth is turned away.

Guard the souls of the Zevists who have departed.

Receive them with tenderness.

Guide them through the Western passages with your golden light.

And for those of us still walking in the land of the living,

grant us the knowledge that death is not an ending

but a passage into your arms.

Anubis, Great Lord, take care of our souls,

Take care of the family members of ours who have departed,

Guide them pleasantly and lovingly into the Afterlife,

Have Great mercy on them for their transgressions,

Reward them kindly for their good deeds,

O Great Inpu!

Walk beside them through the corridors of the Duat, and let them not walk alone.

Mother of Anubis,

Great Goddess of the Underworld,

Guide us aright both in Life and in Death,

Until our final step into Eternal Life and Resurrection.

Renenutet, Renen-watat, She Who Stands at the Weighing of the Heart!

You were present when the soul of the dead was weighed upon the scales of Ma'at.

You witnessed every judgement. You knew every secret of the departed.

The dead speak to you, and you speak for the dead.

Open the channel between the Initiates and the blessed dead.

Let the ancestors of the faithful be reached.

Let the wisdom of those who have crossed be available to those who remain.

Let the knowledge that the dead carry back from the Hall of Judgement

flow to the living through your intercession.

“In the Temple of Zeus, it is common knowledge that reincarnation is a factual reality.

The process of this is holy and sacred because the Gods instated these rules for humans to not perish but rather become infinite and eternal beings like them in the end.

We will reincarnate again and again until we complete the Magnum Opus, or the Great Work of the Gods.”

Further reading:

The Afterlife & Death

Necromancy & The Zevist Afterlife

Seances: Summoning, Contacting, and Communicating with Deceased Spirits

Death Is A Door

#20

Thank you everyone.

My condolences to all of you who also lost loved ones. We will meet them again, and we will make this world better for them in the meantime 🙏

#21

That story really touched me, High Priestess Lydia Coventina. Thank you for sharing it with us. It brought me a deep sense of comfort, especially in the way it spoke to grief without trying to erase it.

There was something gentle in the reminder that love and connection do not simply end with death, and that the people we have lost can still remain present in meaningful ways. I found that deeply moving and reassuring.

Let us uphold the Temple of Zeus as the bastion of ascent!

#22

Thank you High Priestess!

I'm still learning, the same way as you do, the same way as we all do.

Zevist Since 15 Jan 2018 | LAURENTUM'S PROJECTS ARCHIVE |

#23

Thank you, HPS Lydia, for sharing something so intimate with us.

It was truly moving, and I felt every emotion of yours as if it were my own. I have a very direct relationship with death, and I have had experiences related to it.

I believe that every person we have loved has given us something that is important to us, something to protect and cherish. Their souls are with us until they come into a new life. We are who we are also thanks to them. The thing I have always struggled with is starting to live again without their physical presence, but as you said, HPS, we will meet them again. 🖤

#24

Thank you for sharing this High Priestess. I lost my father suddenly, years ago, and i can relate to your story, as that first year was extremely hard. It brings comfort to know that death is just part of the souls continuing journey, and though it is difficult for us still physically here, missing their presence in our life, we must hold those memories dear and find that comfort that in a way they are always with us, in the ethereal and in those memories; thanks to the Gods for caring for our loved ones so much, and us! I used to have a excessive fear of dying (since childhood), the Temple of Zeus has taught me so much about this transition, its helped me have a better understanding and appreciation of it.

#25

Thank you for sharing this touching story. Makes me wonder.

#26

Thank you very much High Priestess Lydia Coventina for this beautiful post 🙏

I think the afterlife is also a preparatory stage (something like a school or university where the soul is trained) with an analysis of the mistakes of previous lives before the soul reincarnates on earth again and is given a birth chart with various buns (bonus) and trials (in the positive sense of the word) that must be success completed on earth for the soul to learn and achieve spiritual development on earth.

«You will find on the left of the halls of Hades a spring, and standing by it a white cypress. Do not approach this spring at all. You will find another, from the Lake of Memory, with cold water flowing from it. Guardians stand before it. Say: 'I am a child of Earth and starry Heaven, but my race is of Heaven alone. You know this yourselves. I am parched with thirst and am perishing. Give me quickly the cold water flowing from the Lake of Memory.' And they will give you to drink from the sacred spring, and after that you will reign among the other heroes» - From the Petelia Tablet (300-200 BCE)

#27

Absolutely beautiful and warming for the heart

Thankyou HPS Lydia 🙏🏼

#28

Thank you HPS Lydia. I recall recently the Gods brought my departed Grandfather to me and we shared a piece of pie so to speak. I ate the pie, but shared the experience with him. I had a visually manifestation of him sitting at the table with me eating his own piece. It was nice. Gods bless him.

Veni, Vidi, Viki and Above All Keep the Flame, for Lady Vesta is the fire, and she keeps all those that keep Her.

#29

Thank you High Priestess Lydia Coventina for sharing something so close to your heart 🙏💚 I was sorry to read about your profound loss of such a friend, and then your finding them again made me realise many things. I am so glad to know that what happens after we die has a greater purpose for our soul's evolution, just as this life does right now. Our Great Gods watch over us eternally 🙏💚

#30

Thank you High Priestess for sharing with us.

Losing someone isn’t easy, and maybe it isn’t meant to be. We can prepare for death, expect it, even meet it with respect, but its meaning still sobers us: in its presence, we understand how precious life is. I pray Jamie finds Zevism, and that the other dear souls we miss find their way back to us.

#31

Thank you very much for sharing this High Priestess. We appreciate your words and experience.

#32

Thank you, High Priestess Lydia, for sharing this important message with us.

Loosing someone is a very deep event that transforms ourselves. It makes you really understand what it means to not be able to meet that person again. It's one of the very few events where there is no going back, no matter the money or power you have. Some of these are worse than others, but even for the "best" cases, like an old man or women dying of old age surrounded by their family, it is still very impactful and sad.

It's part of life, and we must be able to handle it and continue with the daily responsibilities that one has.

Apollo's Astrology: https://www.astroapollo.org

#33

This was a bittersweet read. I often wondered what it would be like to meet with a person who had passed away and reincarnated. Could you imagine successfully performing the Magnum Opus and being able to meet back up with loved ones. I think that would be pretty cool. I also wonder a lot how many times have I reincarnated...and when was the last time?

"A wise man knows he knows nothing"
-Socrates

#34
This is the targeted message.

This post will help a lot of us see death from another perspective and I thank you deeply High Priestess for this sermon and for opening up to us with this personal story! ⚡️

My grandfather recently passed away. After the funeral, I have to admit there weren't positive things people could say about this man, everyone had a lot of negative things to say about him, including myself.

But I do remember he never went to church, lived a very long healthy life, and his death was not of old age, even if he was very old.

I was feeling him and hearing footsteps and knocking sounds during the night after his death, and while I don't share such things with my family, they said they heard as well. Every family member closest to me, either heard footsteps, crickets, knocking on wood.

I asked the Gods about him, and I heard "Anubis", and immediately felt he is with Anubis.

After 40 days from his death, everyone collectively stopped hearing things during the night.

Is 40 days the minimum for souls to roam around after death? Or was it just a coincidence that we all counted exactly 40 days? And how can souls that are not advanced manifest with physical sounds like this?

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
"My own shall not die like the sons of Adam that are without" - Sanat Kumara in Al Jilwah
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

#35

Thank you for this post, High Priestess. I'm sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, I have lost some important people in my life in recent years, and rereading this has reminded me of how fortunate we are to have access to the knowledge that the Gods and the Clergy provide at the Temple of Zeus.

This knowledge uplifts our souls and makes us better people by deepening our understanding and spiritual growth. It helps us face our fears, “look them in the face,” and confront them.

What I read reminded me of a truth I often tend to forget: we are mortal. Memento mori, “remember that you must die.”

According to one tradition, during Roman military triumphs, a slave would accompany the victorious general, reminding him of his human condition and mortality. While the general celebrated his success, the slave would whisper to him, “Remember that you are a man.” It was a way of reminding him that, despite glory and power, no one is above the common fate of human beings.

Death is perhaps one of the truths that humans without the knowledge of the Temple most often repress: they often live as if they had an infinite amount of time at their disposal.

For me, remembering death has become a way to avoid wasting my life on distractions, vanities, or fears that lack real importance. Marcus Aurelius wrote: “You can leave this life at any moment; let this determine what you do, say, or think.” Stoic philosophers such as Seneca and Epictetus also often reflected on the brevity of existence and the importance of living mindfully.

Remembering death helps us understand that time is limited and restores depth to the present. It can help us gain clarity, value what is within our control, and focus on what is truly essential.

If today were your last day, what would you choose to do? How many actions would you continue to put off? How many new beginnings would you take on?

We shouldn’t live in fear of death: sooner or later, it will be inevitable. Instead, we should learn to cherish every moment, consciously investing the time we’re given with each new dawn. Live without fear, so that when the end comes, you’ll have no regrets about having dedicated your life to a just cause: the Great Cause of the Gods and the Temple of Zeus.

"O Atena, vergine divina, che squilli di gioia e di luce emanano dal tuo tempio, nel tuo sacro recinto splende la sapienza. Sii sempre la guida dei governanti,
la luce del pensiero e del coraggio, che infondi nelle anime che si rivolgono a te. In battaglia, assisti i tuoi valorosi, insegna loro l’arte della guerra giusta,
sostieni le loro braccia con la forza, affinché possano trionfare in nome della giustizia. O Atena, signora delle città, dona prosperità e pace ai tuoi devoti, e per noi che ti onoriamo con culto e riti, colma i nostri cuori di saggezza e virtù." - Callimaco, Inni

Avatar
I.Am.Radiant

Very well stated! Thank you. The way you worded this reminds me of polarity, appreciating life because of inevitable death, facing mortality; May we make the very most of our days and not waste our awareness of all the Gods have to teach us in this lifetime! I am incredibly grateful to be here, witnessing so much growth in this Temple 🙏

#36

So inspiring that a tear just dropped from my eyes ❤️

#37

Gorgeous, HPS Lydia!

#38

Thank you for sharing High Priestess.

Emily Dickinson was my favorite Poet back in my school days. Hadn't read her in many years. As I began to read her poem you posted, the words came back to me at once, and your story felt all the more poignant.