Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Seax knife by DarkAries

DarkAries

Hello Brothers and Sisters!
I already have a lot of fighting knife, after time I tried to make my own. Without a forge, I used an ankle grinder on old rasps. The first attempt was a funny little junk, but after a week of work and a better grinder, I finally made a seax knife. Even carved the Nauthiz rune into its blade(it also made the knife lighter), and putted a small jade into its handle. Obsidian would be more fitting, but obsidian is way to fragile and it would fit.
Now its nice sharp and strong. I could chop wood and it didnt get blunt.😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240905_233637.jpg
    IMG_20240905_233637.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240905_233646.jpg
    IMG_20240905_233646.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Aries, I will call upon you when Il need to something similar to fight my enemies with. Hahaha xD ;d

Wonderful crafting! I did a similar project with a sword from a thrift shop. I used a cow bone for the handle and dedicated it it Lilith. I put some gypsum crystals in the handle.
It does me good to see other SS crafting!

Here is the sword.

Attachments

• 1000001410.jpg
    1000001410.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Very nice. But be very careful with the angle grinder. And only use very high quality expensive disks for it from a high quality brand. Be careful because there are fake ones.

Cheap or low quality ones are more likely to shatter. And a disk spinning at 6,000 RPM and suddenly exploding is one of the most dangerous things that you could possibly own. I saw a picture years ago of a mans arm after this happened, and it cut all the way through to the bone. It looked like a steak from a cow.

This is a tool to be very careful with and be afraid of. It is the single most dangerous tool. It is able to be used for many different jobs, but it is not even the best tool for any specific job.

You could use band saws, scroll saws, drills, drill presses, bench grinders, belt sanders, or many other tools to accomplish the jobs in safer ways and usually easier.

Very nice. But be very careful with the angle grinder. And only use very high quality expensive disks for it from a high quality brand. Be careful because there are fake ones.

Cheap or low quality ones are more likely to shatter. And a disk spinning at 6,000 RPM and suddenly exploding is one of the most dangerous things that you could possibly own. I saw a picture years ago of a mans arm after this happened, and it cut all the way through to the bone. It looked like a steak from a cow.

This is a tool to be very careful with and be afraid of. It is the single most dangerous tool. It is able to be used for many different jobs, but it is not even the best tool for any specific job.

You could use band saws, scroll saws, drills, drill presses, bench grinders, belt sanders, or many other tools to accomplish the jobs in safer ways and usually easier.

I watched a video once, this guy was using a grinder and the disk shattered and shot off and was inches away from his femoral artery, punctured the surface right next to him. He was literally an inch or two away from death. These things are absolutely terrifying for these exact reasons.

Thats exactly why I bought a new grinder. The first one was an old and cheap crap, I could change its disk and it fell apart after a few days. Fortunatly it barely moved at that point, so it just scratched my arms. This new one even have a safety lock around its disk. Costed around two days of my payment, but worthed it

I still have some work with it. I want to make a leather sheath for it, and polish off the grinders work

Finally done😁
IMG_20240907_182007.jpg
IMG_20240907_182027.jpg

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back