Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Happy Lughnasadh!

HPS Lydia

High Priestess
Happy Lammas Day to all SS here!

lughnasadh.jpg

This holiday is not traditionally aligned with the Sun, it is a cultural calendar-date holiday, celebrated on August 1.

From our SS Calendar:
"Lammas Day, or Lughnasadh (pronounced LOO-neh-seh), named for the God Lugh, known to us as Azazel. Lammas Day marked the beginning of the harvest season, and the annular wheat harvest, and included celebrations of athletic contests, feasting, trading, and thanking the Gods, especially Lugh/Azazel, for a bountiful harvest. This was also the date to start an early garden (veggies and herbs that grow in early spring). Ways to honor this holiday are making loaves of bread, cakes, pies, and picking berries. Symbols are grains, gold, grapes, berries."

As with all Satanic holidays, meditation and communication with our Gods will be heightened. Any magick performed will be more powerful. As the Moon is waning, it isn't the best time to begin a new working, but if you have any workings on the go, you can concentrate on it more strongly to give it a boost. Spend extra time visualizing the outcome of your intended goal.

As Moon is in Cancer, you can some spend time meditating on or researching how your ancestors or even recent family line celebrated their harvest season.

Even though this holiday is in honor of Azazel, we have a God ritual schedule ongoing, so prioritize the schedule. If you have extra time and energy you can do Azazel's ritual, especially if He is your Guardian, but otherwise, stick with the schedule.

Have a lovely day, everyone :)

wheatfield.jpg

Happy Luganasadh everyone!!

Thank you High Priestess! I'll bake a chocolate pie today for myself and my partner! :)

View attachment 3446

This holiday is not traditionally aligned with the Sun, it is a cultural calendar-date holiday, celebrated on August 1.

From our SS Calendar:
"Lammas Day, or Lughnasadh (pronounced LOO-neh-seh), named for the God Lugh, known to us as Azazel. Lammas Day marked the beginning of the harvest season, and the annular wheat harvest, and included celebrations of athletic contests, feasting, trading, and thanking the Gods, especially Lugh/Azazel, for a bountiful harvest. This was also the date to start an early garden (veggies and herbs that grow in early spring). Ways to honor this holiday are making loaves of bread, cakes, pies, and picking berries. Symbols are grains, gold, grapes, berries."

As with all Satanic holidays, meditation and communication with our Gods will be heightened. Any magick performed will be more powerful. As the Moon is waning, it isn't the best time to begin a new working, but if you have any workings on the go, you can concentrate on it more strongly to give it a boost. Spend extra time visualizing the outcome of your intended goal.

As Moon is in Cancer, you can some spend time meditating on or researching how your ancestors or even recent family line celebrated their harvest season.

Even though this holiday is in honor of Azazel, we have a God ritual schedule ongoing, so prioritize the schedule. If you have extra time and energy you can do Azazel's ritual, especially if He is your Guardian, but otherwise, stick with the schedule.

View attachment 3447
Happy Lammas, if I could I’d share a thing I was baking with our family I would.
Have a great holiday!!!

View attachment 3446

From our SS Calendar:

View attachment 3447
Happy Lammas to all SS ! :)
Hail Azazel !

A haircut is a good idea?

If you haven't gone ahead and done so already I wouldn't see why not! I can't remember all the details, but I think there used to be a tradition in Ancient Greece involving young men cutting their hair and dedicating it to Apollo when they come of age. I know some people like to avoid getting a haircut during the Mercury Retrograde (which starts the 4th/5th depending on where you are), so I'd say go for it.

If you haven't gone ahead and done so already I wouldn't see why not! I can't remember all the details, but I think there used to be a tradition in Ancient Greece involving young men cutting their hair and dedicating it to Apollo when they come of age. I know some people like to avoid getting a haircut during the Mercury Retrograde (which starts the 4th/5th depending on where you are), so I'd say go for it.
When I ask I have done already 😂, I didn't even remember that it was lammas days, maybe sincronism

View attachment 3446

From our SS Calendar:

View attachment 3447
I wish happiness to our whole family. 😊

View attachment 3446

From our SS Calendar:

View attachment 3447
Thanks for sharing this Happy Lugh/Azazel

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back