Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

I'm glad some here don't immediately take things at face value, but in scenarios like that, which have never happened for decades, it can take some time for the average person to process what has happened. Especially when one is accustomed to believe they're safe at all times. Those definitely sounded like AR-15 rounds being shot

Here's the sound of an AR15, suppressed and unsuppressed

It would be no mistake however, to assume that some of the security and secret service were in on it or chose passivity for a time until it became an actual threat.
I spent this morning writing a very long post about comparing the weights, velocities, and kinetic energies of different common cartridges. Including the .223 Remington used in the ar15, compared with a 7.62x39 that is used in ak47 and SKS rifles, and compared with .308 Winchester / 7.62x51 Nato in both 150gr and 180gr weights.

Comparing their velocities how much more than the speed of sound they are, and using an equation from Chat GPT to calculate the perceived volume in Db of the sonic boom produced by each one, as dependent on their velocity. And then calculating the audible difference in volume, how many times louder it would sound than each one.

I'm not going to waste everybodies time with all those pages of calculations. But the point is that a 55 grain bullet going 3,200 feet per second from the ar15 is sounding between 41% and 94% louder volume than the 3 cartridges I compared it to.

The .223 Remington cartridge with a 55gr weight bullet is extremely loud compared to most other common cartridges, due to the velocity being so high. It is a very sharp and loud crack, compared to a relatively duller thud from a more common slower bullet. So the point is it would be very clear to anybody who is aware of the sound that this was a .223 Remington from an AR15.

It is possible it could have been something else like a .243 which is similarly a very small bullet going at a very high velocity, but this is not as commonly chambered in a semiautomatic rifle that is capable of repeatedly firing so quickly. This is commonly in a bolt action hunting rifle.

Here's Matt talking about what happened with the shooter wearing his shirt, poor guy. I think he's having a hard time coping with this.
It must be pretty hard, since he might get backlash for no justified reason, someone in the comments really nailed it: "It's as if someone would blame Nike CEO for someone commiting a robbery and running away wearing Nike shoes". I don't know who the guy is nor his channel but I hope nothing harms him, his family or his channel over this incident.

I spent this morning writing a very long post about comparing the weights, velocities, and kinetic energies of different common cartridges. Including the .223 Remington used in the ar15, compared with a 7.62x39 that is used in ak47 and SKS rifles, and compared with .308 Winchester / 7.62x51 Nato in both 150gr and 180gr weights.
I live for this kind of math, it's almost a turn on. I'm glad I stuck around in these forums enough to find you. Confessions aside (lmao), I am not American and I'm not familiar at all with guns and cartridges, so reading the math is really helpful.

I find it strange that the crowd behind him seemed unbothered. Most didn't run away, didn't try to take cover, most people in the crowd behind didn't even look scared in the slightest.
A bunch of liberals would have ran like scared chickens, those are Patriots, lots of Veterans and former LEO. They looked concerned and were ducking etc. But they know how to keep calm while staying aware.
I remember having a benefit at my sportsmans club, and the rifle range was active. The shooters were a few hundred yards away and shooting in the opposite direction, even so, these liberals that were there kept ducking every time they heard a shot fired.:ROFLMAO:

Comparing their velocities how much more than the speed of sound they are, and using an equation from Chat GPT to calculate the perceived volume in Db of the sonic boom produced by each one, as dependent on their velocity. And then calculating the audible difference in volume, how many times louder it would sound than each one.

I'm not going to waste everybodies time with all those pages of calculations. But the point is that a 55 grain bullet going 3,200 feet per second from the ar15 is sounding between 41% and 94% louder volume than the 3 cartridges I compared it to.

The .223 Remington cartridge with a 55gr weight bullet is extremely loud compared to most other common cartridges, due to the velocity being so high. It is a very sharp and loud crack, compared to a relatively duller thud from a more common slower bullet. So the point is it would be very clear to anybody who is aware of the sound that this was a .223 Remington from an AR15.

It is possible it could have been something else like a .243 which is similarly a very small bullet going at a very high velocity, but this is not as commonly chambered in a semiautomatic rifle that is capable of repeatedly firing so quickly. This is commonly in a bolt action hunting rifle.
Good info. Don't forget wind drift, at 5-7km from a bullet shot from around 400-500 ft.

I also love how chatgpt doesn't just give us the answer like a calculator but guides us through on how to get the answer and showing how the calculation is done.

• For a wind speed of 3.1 mph (5 km/h):
    • 133.33 yards: Drift=3.1×0.15=0.465 inches\text{Drift} = 3.1 \times 0.15 = 0.465 \text{ inches}Drift=3.1×0.15=0.465 inches
    • 166.67 yards: Drift=3.1×0.18=0.558 inches\text{Drift} = 3.1 \times 0.18 = 0.558 \text{ inches}Drift=3.1×0.18=0.558 inches
  • For a wind speed of 4.3 mph (7 km/h):
    • 133.33 yards: Drift=4.3×0.15=0.645 inches\text{Drift} = 4.3 \times 0.15 = 0.645 \text{ inches}Drift=4.3×0.15=0.645 inches
    • 166.67 yards: Drift=4.3×0.18=0.774 inches\text{Drift} = 4.3 \times 0.18 = 0.774 \text{ inches}Drift=4.3×0.18=0.774 inches
Most of this just comes down to how Trump turned his head at just the right time. But just a few inches difference would have been brutal.

Also, I've heard about how the AR15 could be easily modded into full auto. Some have done it with a coat hanger or plumbing solder. I'm just glad this shooter knew next to nothing.

I myself trust trump or anyone in any political position from a distance and the way they go after him is terrible.

The thing is this guy is way to clean they couldn't even find him stealing a piece of gum as a kid.

Trump is just part of the machine

Mentioning what is going on, to analyze it, does not mean we trust him or endorse him.

I believe all the powder burns at once, where some cartridges have a slower burn rate. I have an AR in 204 Ruger, it's longer but the neck opening is only 20 caliber. It's a laser at 4100 FPS but the lighter bullet is only accurate out to around 400 yards. Some guys shoot the .223 out to 750-800 yards.

I believe all the powder burns at once, where some cartridges have a slower burn rate. I have an AR in 204 Ruger, it's longer but the neck opening is only 20 caliber. It's a laser at 4100 FPS but the lighter bullet is only accurate out to around 400 yards. Some guys shoot the .223 out to 750-800 yards.
There are at least about 100 different types of smokeless powder. They all have the same 2 main ingredients, but in a slightly different ratio to alter the burn rate. So all of them ignite and burn at a different speed.

This is all to prevent a situation where the pressure is too high, which could cause the rifle to explode. A small light weight bullet is able to use a much faster burning powder, and a large heavy bullet needs a very slow burning powder.

The goal is to have all of the powder to be completely burnt right before the bullet leaves the end of the barrel. This provides the highest velocity. If the barrel is too long and all the powder already finished burning, this is extra friction that will slow it down. And if the barrel is too short, it left before all the powder burned so much of it was wasted.

You can find free PDFs of reloading manuals online which give you a recipe for what type of powder to use, and how much would be safe to use. For a specific cartridge type and bullet weight. You can find free PDFs of Hornady Reloading Handbook 11th edition, or Lyman Reloading Handbook 48th edition. Or watch Johnny's Reloading Bench channel on youtube to learn more.

There are at least about 100 different types of smokeless powder. They all have the same 2 main ingredients, but in a slightly different ratio to alter the burn rate. So all of them ignite and burn at a different speed.

This is all to prevent a situation where the pressure is too high, which could cause the rifle to explode. A small light weight bullet is able to use a much faster burning powder, and a large heavy bullet needs a very slow burning powder.

The goal is to have all of the powder to be completely burnt right before the bullet leaves the end of the barrel. This provides the highest velocity. If the barrel is too long and all the powder already finished burning, this is extra friction that will slow it down. And if the barrel is too short, it left before all the powder burned so much of it was wasted.

You can find free PDFs of reloading manuals online which give you a recipe for what type of powder to use, and how much would be safe to use. For a specific cartridge type and bullet weight. You can find free PDFs of Hornady Reloading Handbook 11th edition, or Lyman Reloading Handbook 48th edition. Or watch Johnny's Reloading Bench channel on youtube to learn more.
I've been handloading for 30 years, I don't even need to read load data anymore. I pretty much stick with the same loads in several calibers, with their respective powders.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back