Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #4913: Sex drive disappeared after doing Mars Square

AskSatanOperator

I use to have an extremely high sex drive but after completing a Mars square my libido just died. I can't even properly keep an erection during sex with my girlfriend. I was perfectly fine just 3 weeks ago. We both decided to abstain for about 10 days before trying again. I still couldn't keep the erection going. I am only 30 years old, I exercise and my diet is good. My sex drive just vanished after finishing a recent Mars square and I'm lost on what to do.

The square was used for general improvement of my Martian energies.

I use to have an extremely high sex drive but after completing a Mars square my libido just died. I can't even properly keep an erection during sex with my girlfriend. I was perfectly fine just 3 weeks ago. We both decided to abstain for about 10 days before trying again. I still couldn't keep the erection going. I am only 30 years old, I exercise and my diet is good. My sex drive just vanished after finishing a recent Mars square and I'm lost on what to do.

Some element of backlash is normal with workings (including reduced libido), plus solutions exist for this: https://ancient-forums.com/threads/reminders-and-solutions-regarding-workings.158938/
However, the time extent of this is a little too long than I would expect. I wouldn't panic, given the above information, but consult your GD for some insight here.

Bear in mind, with magic, you literally get what you ask for. I don't know if this is the case for you but, if your Mars is poorly placed and your affirmation is "general improvement of my Martian energies.", this will only amplify the negative manifestations of Mars, not fix them. Just something that occurred to me. Please double check your chart for anything like that.

Bear in mind, with magic, you literally get what you ask for. I don't know if this is the case for you but, if your Mars is poorly placed and your affirmation is "general improvement of my Martian energies.", this will only amplify the negative manifestations of Mars, not fix them. Just something that occurred to me. Please double check your chart for anything like that.
I assumed an affirmation like that would work to specifically target and improve the beneficial aspects of one's natal Mars, without the negative manifestations?

I assumed an affirmation like that would work to specifically target and improve the beneficial aspects of one's natal Mars, without the negative manifestations?
As I said, you have to be extremely careful what you ask for. If your Mars is in a weak sign or badly aspected, to affirm that the energies of that planet are improved will only strengthen what is already there, i.e., the negative manifestations will only get worse.

How I would do it is, target specifically what you see as a negative manifestation in your life (there can be more than one, Neptune trine Sun for example can bring bad health, low self-esteem, weak father figure, etc. It could be one or many things, only you can tell.) and just do a working to improve that area of your life. Maybe freeing workings to remove negative karma where applicable as well. But a blanket affirmation like that, unless you are absolutely sure nothing can go wrong, I would avoid.

JG Blitzkreig gave advice, but on top of that, you can vibrate Uruz rune into your Sacral chakra to help with sexuality. Make sure to visualize your Sacral chakra as being bright vibrant orange.

[...] But a blanket affirmation like that, unless you are absolutely sure nothing can go wrong, I would avoid.
Does the same apply to Sun Squares, or just Mars because it's a malefic?

I'm not OP, but this was my affirmation: "In a positive and healthy manner, the energy of Mars is permanently increasing my willpower, drive, ambition, physical health and vitality".

Is it too broad or is it fine?

Does the same apply to Sun Squares, or just Mars because it's a malefic?

I'm not OP, but this was my affirmation: "In a positive and healthy manner, the energy of Mars is permanently increasing my willpower, drive, ambition, physical health and vitality".

Is it too broad or is it fine?
It applies to all squares/workings.

I think it's too much, I would do separate workings for health and the willpower stuff. Generally, anytime you mix different categories or areas of life it spreads the energies too thin. Just think how much energy healing takes, if you are doing a Sun square for that and you decide to include money as well since its ruled by the Sun, that is two completely different things and the energy is spread too thin.

As I said, you have to be extremely careful what you ask for. If your Mars is in a weak sign or badly aspected, to affirm that the energies of that planet are improved will only strengthen what is already there, i.e., the negative manifestations will only get worse.
To be honest this scares me a bit. I did some Mars squares in the past even in bad transits, but I did not notice bad outcomes (except what was altrady bad, in truth).
I have always seen the Squares as an improvement of the related chakra's energies (2nd for Mars), to be done when Saturn is touching one of your planets, to counterbalance the weakening of that planet/chakra.
This now offsets a bit my thoughts, can you please elaborare? Is it only a metter of placing the affirmations in positive ways ?

To be honest this scares me a bit. I did some Mars squares in the past even in bad transits, but I did not notice bad outcomes (except what was altrady bad, in truth).
I have always seen the Squares as an improvement of the related chakra's energies (2nd for Mars), to be done when Saturn is touching one of your planets, to counterbalance the weakening of that planet/chakra.
This now offsets a bit my thoughts, can you please elaborare? Is it only a metter of placing the affirmations in positive ways ?
Any action of energy is based on your intention. You cannot unknowingly empower negative elements of yourself (literally devolving yourself) unless you will this to occur somehow. Energy does what it is programmed to do. Don't be scared, especially if you are following already tested methods.

I was talking about natal chart placements, not planetary transits. Squares can be used to offset negative transits but also to improve certain aspects of life depending on the planetary rulership.

Is it like this with just your girlfriend have you tried to see if you're like this with other girls?

Any action of energy is based on your intention. You cannot unknowingly empower negative elements of yourself (literally devolving yourself) unless you will this to occur somehow. Energy does what it is programmed to do. Don't be scared, especially if you are following already tested methods.

I was talking about natal chart placements, not planetary transits. Squares can be used to offset negative transits but also to improve certain aspects of life depending on the planetary rulership.

Thanks to both.
In truth, I always use the -Svaha mantra to empower the chakra connected to the planet under negative transit. So I simply empower (and will to empower) what is temporary weakened.
I am not familiar with the -Nama mantra used for material manifestation. Power of Justice were you addressing this kind of Square use ?

Thanks to both.
In truth, I always use the -Svaha mantra to empower the chakra connected to the planet under negative transit. So I simply empower (and will to empower) what is temporary weakened.
I am not familiar with the -Nama mantra used for material manifestation. Power of Justice were you addressing this kind of Square use ?
Look, it's not just about the squares, but any magickal working targeting your chart, or a specific aspect of your chart. Squares are done for spiritual and material purposes. If a bad transit affected your life materially, like health, job, relationships, etc., you do material workings.

In the case of my Sun Square, I used a general improvement affirmation because I assumed since the Sun covers the entire electro-magnetic/light/colour spectrum, it would be fine as a way to target all areas of my life at once.

However, my Sun is in a bad sign, but I thought what's mostly relevant is what sign the planet is currently in the sky, and less so one's natal placement, which would presumably be "overpowered" by this new energy?

I think it's too much, I would do separate workings for health and the willpower stuff. Generally, anytime you mix different categories or areas of life it spreads the energies too thin.
Hmm, I was sort of "intending" it to deal with my 6th House, although I do not state this in the affirmation.

For example, willpower (+physical health, +vitality) in relation to being able to resist temptations of junk food and work on my physique (because the 6th House covers the health of the body).

But also willpower (+drive, +ambition) in relation to day-to-day work, (which is also covered by the 6th House) and working on my business.

Saturn is currently in Pisces and "weakening" this area, and so I am also doing a MUNKA working simultaneously.

Will my subconscious affiliation with the Square to the 6th House not help to make the energies less diffused?

However, my Sun is in a bad sign, but I thought what's mostly relevant is what sign the planet is currently in the sky, and less so one's natal placement, which would presumably be "overpowered" by this new energy?
It can be used for both depending on your needs.
Will my subconscious affiliation with the Square to the 6th House not help to make the energies less diffused?
Are you seeing results? Like, there's no way anyone can answer that. You are the judge of your own workings.

It can be used for both depending on your needs.

Are you seeing results? Like, there's no way anyone can answer that. You are the judge of your own workings.
I am seeing results, I was just wondering if it was inefficient compared to something else I could've done.

Some element of backlash is normal with workings (including reduced libido), plus solutions exist for this: https://ancient-forums.com/threads/reminders-and-solutions-regarding-workings.158938/
However, the time extent of this is a little too long than I would expect. I wouldn't panic, given the above information, but consult your GD for some insight here.
I started an elemental balancing working with Akasha and vibrating Raum into my sacral chakra 40 times multiple times throughout the day for cleaning. It seems to be helping so far. Thank you!
The entire affirmation was: "The energy of Mars has permanently improved my soul's Martian energy, in the best way for me". I have done a lot of squares with this affirmation, swapping the respective planetary names and have never had anything negative happen till now. Hopefully this affirmation is fine as is.
JG Blitzkreig gave advice, but on top of that, you can vibrate Uruz rune into your Sacral chakra to help with sexuality. Make sure to visualize your Sacral chakra as being bright vibrant orange.
Thank you, I'll try this as well.
Is it like this with just your girlfriend have you tried to see if you're like this with other girls?
I have never tried to have sex with anyone but my girlfriend since this started. She was actually my first as I was a virgin before I met her.

A working backfiring like that is stuff that scares me in person about magic tbh.

Anyways have you considered all other possibilities? Are you at optimal health? Is your diet really fit? Sleep? Stress? Have you tried aphrodisiacs? Did you do something else new that may have impaired your sex drive other than the ritual? Anyways, don't wanna push my nose into your health, You gotta ask these things yourself. Although, if you think it's from the ritual you probably don't have that feeling for nothing.

When your goal is to just generally improve your Martian energies, I suggest you do traditional cultish practices in honour of Mars. That would be (but not limited to): ...
- offering flowers to your woman
- offering flowers at a warrior memorial
- having a fight (like martial arts, or mental battles, I don't suggest you go into random beatings lol)
- having an alcoholic drink while talking about enemies you beat at games or real fights
- generally meditating on Martian energies and the symbols of the God of War

I suggest for erectile dysfunction you ask the God of male sexual energy as well (Freyr/Priapus/Osiris/Adonis, .. depending on your culture).
You can also ask female Goddesses of lust to send you an inspirational dream.

An unfortunate possibility I don't feel well bringing up could be that your woman is unfaithful or otherwise doing something to you that hurts you (even if unconscious), so after leveling up on your Martian energies part of your inner being may feel this and reject her. If not, ignore this. If so, try to talk about it as a couple after calmly talking to yourself and asking the Gods for guidance.

A working backfiring like that is stuff that scares me in person about magic tbh.

Anyways have you considered all other possibilities? Are you at optimal health? Is your diet really fit? Sleep? Stress? Have you tried aphrodisiacs? Did you do something else new that may have impaired your sex drive other than the ritual? Anyways, don't wanna push my nose into your health, You gotta ask these things yourself. Although, if you think it's from the ritual you probably don't have that feeling for nothing.

When your goal is to just generally improve your Martian energies, I suggest you do traditional cultish practices in honour of Mars. That would be (but not limited to): ...
- offering flowers to your woman
- offering flowers at a warrior memorial
- having a fight (like martial arts, or mental battles, I don't suggest you go into random beatings lol)
- having an alcoholic drink while talking about enemies you beat at games or real fights
- generally meditating on Martian energies and the symbols of the God of War

I suggest for erectile dysfunction you ask the God of male sexual energy as well (Freyr/Priapus/Osiris/Adonis, .. depending on your culture).
You can also ask female Goddesses of lust to send you an inspirational dream.

An unfortunate possibility I don't feel well bringing up could be that your woman is unfaithful or otherwise doing something to you that hurts you (even if unconscious), so after leveling up on your Martian energies part of your inner being may feel this and reject her. If not, ignore this. If so, try to talk about it as a couple after calmly talking to yourself and asking the Gods for guidance.

There is always a reason for the working to result like that. It is not like it happened for no reason. If I had to assume, it probably triggered some underlying karma. However, I am not sure why it lasted so long, but it is possible this could be an extrapolation of the karma and maybe also his perception of this.

As a personal example, there had been a part of me that was "wound up" about something, but as I advanced it seemed to relax and change my behavior. Sometimes this distressed me and I felt like I was "weaker" in that area, but I believe it was part of the process of fixing the overall behavior.

I am not sure if that applies to the OP, but it could in a way. Regardless, it should not dissuade you from doing workings, especially if you are balancing your routine with mitigation factors: https://ancient-forums.com/threads/reminders-and-solutions-regarding-workings.158938/

In the case of my Sun Square, I used a general improvement affirmation because I assumed since the Sun covers the entire electro-magnetic/light/colour spectrum, it would be fine as a way to target all areas of my life at once.

Hmm, I was sort of "intending" it to deal with my 6th House, although I do not state this in the affirmation.

For example, willpower (+physical health, +vitality) in relation to being able to resist temptations of junk food and work on my physique (because the 6th House covers the health of the body).

But also willpower (+drive, +ambition) in relation to day-to-day work, (which is also covered by the 6th House) and working on my business.

Saturn is currently in Pisces and "weakening" this area, and so I am also doing a MUNKA working simultaneously.

Yes, I believe the working has a "rewriting" result, where it will overwrite negative karma that is "standing" in the path of your affirmation, but leave positive karma. All of this is based on your intention however, also subconscious beliefs, as you mention. If you keep an objective mindset of positivity, to the best of your ability, then this can mitigate subconscious beliefs as to what a "positive" result means to you.

Your natal placement dictates your current karma, so any obstacles or lessons that have to be learned are what will arise within your environment, based on the affirmation. If you have a Sun in Pisces, then trying to improve this with a Sun in Leo Square's energy will possibly result in a mixing of perception from the feminine and more externally-influenced Pisces to a more centralized and self-confident Sun in Leo.

Over the course of the working, you may have events that may feel uncomfortable and push you to assert yourself, but also positive feelings of genuine confidence that help you achieve this, too. The exact events and nature by which we transcend are based on the karma of the involved planets, as well as our 8th house. You may have qualities that other do not, or you may have problems that others do not. All of this is normal.

Encountering some backlash doesn't mean you are "empowering" the negative elements of this, but your soul is going through the process of fusing the two energies, at least how I envision it. At the end result, you may retain the compassion and sensitivity of the Pisces Sun, but also have newfound qualities of the Sun in Leo. This is based on affirming a truly positive result for yourself, which should give a better outcome by definition of the word.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back