Header Wallpaper

Planetary Hours and Daylight Saving Time

AvatarSoaring Eagle 6661 min to read

The Planetary Hours page doesn't say anything about Daylight Saving Time. Should I subtract an hour from my local time, or is it not precise enough to matter?

#1

I would like to know about this as well.

#2

If you use the Chronos XP Planetary Hours program, it automatically calculates for daylight savings time. Here is a link to download the installation file https://mega.nz/#!ftUzXCjR!HMhFXTi5YKixQ17BvXCPgUfBW_0urQDbMzH8LW_sLUE

#3

This site, for such purpose, is the most handy for me. I keep it on my speed dial, alongside other great astrological references. You'll just have to set your time zone and it basically updates for you in real time; you can also look up the planetary hours for any date (future or past) that you specify. So I hope this helps:
https://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp?location=Paducah,%20KY&ltt=37.05&lgt=-88.36&tz=US/Central&dformat=US&geoFormat=degMin

#4
This is the targeted message.

If you have a static thing that isn't recalculated then you may have to..

I noticed with chronos after the hour change, the planetary hours changed an hour too, as the time for the planetary hours is calculated between sunrise and sundawn.

The sun doesn't just rise an hour earlier suddenly. It is just the device we use to measure time that changes. So the numbers of the clock hours change, but in fact the planetary time doesn't. Its still in the same period of the day.
Its just like suddenly you get up an hour earlier or later than what you are used to.

A bit confusing though..

By the way, chronos does take into account the clock change thingies.

#5
PanStellarsaid:

This site, for such purpose, is the most handy for me. I keep it on my speed dial, alongside other great astrological references. You'll just have to set your time zone and it basically updates for you in real time; you can also look up the planetary hours for any date (future or past) that you specify. So I hope this helps:
https://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp?location=Paducah,%20KY&ltt=37.05&lgt=-88.36&tz=US/Central&dformat=US&geoFormat=degMin

Thank you so much! I often use Lunarium to check VoC moon times, but I never knew they had a Planetary Hours page!
:D :D :D

Ol argedco luciftiassaid:

If you use the Chronos XP Planetary Hours program, it automatically calculates for daylight savings time. Here is a link to download the installation file https://mega.nz/#!ftUzXCjR!HMhFXTi5YKixQ17BvXCPgUfBW_0urQDbMzH8LW_sLUE

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. (I prefer not to install software if I can avoid it.)

T.A.O.L.said:

If you have a static thing that isn't recalculated then you may have to..

I noticed with chronos after the hour change, the planetary hours changed an hour too, as the time for the planetary hours is calculated between sunrise and sundawn.

The sun doesn't just rise an hour earlier suddenly. It is just the device we use to measure time that changes. So the numbers of the clock hours change, but in fact the planetary time doesn't. Its still in the same period of the day.
Its just like suddenly you get up an hour earlier or later than what you are used to.

Quite correct. In fact, that reasoning is why I asked the question!