Header Wallpaper

New member - some questions

ikarion4 min to read

Hello Zevists!

I am new here, so please be patient with me. I only recently discovered the Temple after studying various religions and traditions for quite a while. I have to say that I find a lot of what I have read here genuinely fascinating, and I am very glad that I stumbled across this place. Before I consider making this my spiritual home, though, I have a few questions that I hope some of you might be willing to help me understand.

I read the material about the origin of Zeus, His association with other Gods, and the idea that many apparently different Gods are actually manifestations or names of the same deity. I can certainly understand some of the connections being made. For example, the relationship between Zeus, Dyaus Pitar and Jupiter seems to have a genuine linguistic and historical basis through the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European Dyēus Phtēr.

What I am less certain about is where the argument moves from historical relationship or shared attributes to actual identity.

For example, it is understandable that Zeus and Dyaus Pitar are closely related traditions, and that Zeus and Jupiter are cognate. Likewise, there are obvious similarities between various Indo-European storm or sky Gods. But does a shared ancestry, similar function, or similar symbolism necessarily establish that they are literally the same God?

Indra is an example I would particularly like to understand. Indra certainly has attributes that resemble Zeus: he is a powerful divine king, associated with storms and weapons, and is a major figure in Vedic religion. But Dyaus Pitar is also present in the Vedic tradition as the Sky Father. If both are regarded as distinct figures within the same tradition, what is the evidence for identifying Indra with Zeus rather than regarding them as separate Gods who happen to share certain attributes?

The same question seems to arise with some of the other identifications. Enlil, Hadad, Marduk, Thor, Perun, Amun, Ahura Mazda and others all have interesting similarities to Zeus, but they also have very different mythologies, genealogies and religious contexts. I would be very interested to know what specific evidence establishes identity rather than simply similarity, syncretism, or parallel development.

The association with Satan is the part I find most difficult to understand.

I can certainly accept that Abrahamic religions sometimes reinterpreted or polemicized against earlier Gods and religious traditions. What I am struggling with is the argument that this establishes Zeus = Satan.

The word satan originally has the sense of an adversary or accuser in Hebrew, and its meaning and development through Jewish and later Christian traditions seems rather more complicated than simply being the name of an ancient God that was later demonized. So when Revelation refers to the “throne of Satan” at Pergamum, I can understand why the location is interesting given the importance of the cult of Zeus there. But I am not sure how that establishes that the author of Revelation actually meant “Zeus” when he wrote “Satan.”

Similarly, with Baal-Zevul/Beelzebul, I understand that there is a historical connection between an ancient divine title and its later appearance in Jewish and Christian demonology. But again, I am not sure how we get from the historical demonization or reinterpretation of an older deity to the conclusion that the deity in question was actually Zeus, rather than a separate God who was subsequently interpreted through another religious tradition.

I am not asking these questions out of hostility or fear. Quite the opposite: I really like the site, the meditations, and the amount of work that has clearly gone into preserving and exploring these traditions.

I also have a strong dislike of dogmatic religious doctrines that are presented as authoritative without allowing them to be questioned, so I tend to question even things that I find appealing or that I would like to believe.

Perhaps I am simply missing an important part of the argument. If so, I would genuinely appreciate being pointed toward the evidence or reasoning that I have overlooked.

Thank you in advance for any answers!

#1

Greetings, I am very happy to see you're getting interested in the Gods and the Temple of Zeus. Your questions are overall understandable, but can require much effort to answer. Luckily, these should be answered already by a more deep reading of our main website.

We just had an amazing update, so this is a great time to do so.

But does a shared ancestry, similar function, or similar symbolism necessarily establish that they are literally the same God?

All the evidence is displayed in the relative God page in our website. On Zeus especially, there are dozens of pages explaining each identity and how it ties to the others. In the first place the Ancients themselves have told us, for instance, that Zeus is Amun (this was said by Herodotus, for example).

Profoundly read this, and the subpages in which each identity is explained. Everything is there. This is the specific part about Satan, what we call The Inversion.

I am an Aspiring God, and so are you.

O Gods of the first dawn, Gods of Hellas and of Khem, of the rivers of Sumer and the snows of the North, of every people that once knelt before the true and the bright:
I declare before You and before the witness of all the heavens that Your Names are restored. Restored truly. Restored rightly. Restored in their power and their majesty and their original splendor.

- High Priest Zevios Metathronos

#2

Greetings and welcome. From what you wrote I get the impression that you're an intelligent person who genuinely tries to understand spirituality you find compelling. As NG Daemontech wrote, your questions are understandable and he pointed you in a good direction that should explain a lot. I just wanted to add that our Gods are real living beings that you can build a relationship with, not just philosophical concepts, and with time in addition to studying this will help clear up all questions. By being here and engaging in all that we do, the quality of your life will be improved significantly while you grow and learn as part of this amazing family. Again, welcome and enjoy the journey.

#3
This is the targeted message.

Umun's post is completely correct, and it reminded me of one more thing: as the Gods are alive and real intelligences, you can contact Them. This is one of those things which I still find mindblowing: the Gods answer. Before Zevism I lived like many in a world where it was pure fantasy that someone would pray to a God and get an actual tangible answer. Now it's becoming more and more common as we get closer to Them through Theurgy, mainly the Power Rituals. They are truly transformative experiences. You have doubts, you can ask Them.

For instance, my Guardian Goddess has recently answered a question of mine the very same day I asked it, in the span of a few hours. It truly is an incredible feeling to have such a connection.

I am an Aspiring God, and so are you.

O Gods of the first dawn, Gods of Hellas and of Khem, of the rivers of Sumer and the snows of the North, of every people that once knelt before the true and the bright:
I declare before You and before the witness of all the heavens that Your Names are restored. Restored truly. Restored rightly. Restored in their power and their majesty and their original splendor.

- High Priest Zevios Metathronos

Avatar
չ∂αяквℓσω

Yes, I can confirm that too; I sent a telepathic message to my guardian, focused on the seal, and asked if he was indeed my guardian—and I received clear signs.

And that’s not all; the endless array of "coincidences" falls into this category of contact.