Header Wallpaper

Cleansing and Recovering from the Effects of Substance Use

trissmegistus2 min to read

Hello. I have a question about how to cleanse and recover, both physically and on a more subtle or spiritual level, from the effects of using different substances.

I've read that these things can negatively affect or “pollute” the soul or subtle body. At the same time, I've sometimes felt the desire to smoke some cannabis mixed with tobacco to relax and relieve stress after a difficult week or when dealing with heavy or dark thoughts. I haven't done it regularly, so I don't think I have an addiction, but I have used a few different substances and I'd like to better understand how they might affect me spiritually and whether there are ways to cleanse and restore myself afterward.

I've smoked cannabis and tobacco. I've also occasionally had alcohol, although very rarely — for example, a few glasses of wine while spending time with a woman. I've also tried psilocybin mushrooms and truffles several times in my life, and to be honest, my experiences with them were positive and meaningful.

I'd like to gain some clarity about all of this and better understand what is beneficial and what is harmful, especially from a spiritual or subtle-energy perspective.

There is also another aspect I'm unsure about. I still have some curiosity about trying certain other substances that I've read and researched quite a lot about, such as DMT, ayahuasca, and pure LSD.

Would it be wiser to let go of this curiosity altogether? How do different spiritual traditions view these substances and their effects on the mind, soul, or subtle body? And if someone has already used them, what practices would you recommend for cleansing, grounding, and restoring oneself afterward?

I'd be interested to hear both personal experiences and perspectives from people familiar with spiritual practices.

#1

We don't care about how other religions view drugs consumption. The Temple of Zeus is very strict on it, and you can read about it on the dedicated Life Ethic:

For your case, stop consuming drugs and don't let your "curiosity" lead you to dangerous paths.

For the spiritual part, it would be better to do multiple cycles of spiritual cleaning, because when you use drugs you are much more vulnerable.

Apollo's Astrology: https://www.astroapollo.org

#2
This is the targeted message.

You can recover your mental abilities by practicing them. If you want to strengthen cognitive functions; do math and mental math (avoid calculators when possible), learn a language (here as well, not the "easy way" but actually using your brain), or learn anything by reading (not videos, especially not shorts).

if you want to recover your ability to feel energy, to the energy meditation and directing energy meditation and some of the intermediate awareness meditation later on.

If you want to clean and free your soul from the effects of drugs, use Sowilo and Ansuz together. I attached a PDF from Priest Alexandros Iowno

if you want to get high in a spiritual way, try the "Meditation from Zeus" (this includes no use of any substance, but directing energies to certain places)

nicotine, koffein, and alcohol is not totally forbidden, but doesn't mean you should necessarily use them, especially in some cases (eg. if you do physical work, don't smoke.) and the amount and way matters.

DMT or any drug, you should definitely not use any of these, we are highly against any drugs in a non-medical context. (IK SG Hidden Warrior sent this already)

Attachments

#3

Tobacco and cigarettes generally block and close off your chakras. In my humble opinion—much like substances such as fluoride, which are said to negatively affect the pineal gland (an effect we can fully counteract through intensive spiritual practice)—a similar partial mitigation is possible regarding the chakras and overcoming the spiritual damage of tabacco. Of course, this also requires targeting the addiction through specific rituals, as well as performing god rituals. As for mind-altering substances like weed and LSD, they damage the upper chakras and can cause a form of mental burnout—and even permanent damage—in those who are not spiritually advancing. High Priestess Lydia Coventina once gave an example of artists who simply lost their capacity for creativity and inspiration.

There are drugs like MDMA that have undergone clinical medical trials, and—I won't lie—they really can stabilize mood and drastically boost libido for months. The problem is that they aren't marketed as medication, at least not in the Western world as far as i know, so people have no idea how to use them properly. I stand firmly by our community's stance on drugs and certainly do not recommend using them. MDMA acts on specific receptors in such a way that frequent use can completely disrupt the body's balance, leading to the exact opposite of the desired medical outcome. The safest interval between uses is supposed to be at least two months.