Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

[BOOK] Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field (1988) by Barbara A. Brennan

Aureus

Currently I'm reading this book about healing others through use of energy, and seems to be comprehensive. Even though I'm 1/3 through, I have found some useful information, and I would go as far as telling that few of them cannot be found on JoS website. Of course it's not perfect in a sense there are references to things considered not safe from our (satanic) point of view, but most of the knowledge could be actually useful for us.

From the beginning I was writing some notes. Below is just Part I (out of VI) summarized, so only the introduction not even reaching the good stuff this book has to offer; Nevertheless I would like to know if you would be interested in this type of content.

Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field (1988)71epSvNX64L._SL1200_.jpg
by Barbara Ann Brennan

About the author (from the book):

"Barbara Brennan is a practicing healer, psychotherapist and scientist. She was a research scientist for NASA at the Goddard Space Flight Center following the completion of her M.S. in Atmospheric Physics from the University of Wisconsin. For the past fifteen years she has been studying and working with the human energy field and has been involved in research projects with Drexel University and the Institute for the New Age. She was trained in Bioenergetic Therapy at the Institute for Psychophysical Synthesis, Community of the Whole Person, and in Core Energetics at the Institute for the New Age. She has studied with both American and Native American healers.

Barbara is currently teaching courses and giving workshops on the Human Energy Field, Healing and Channelling. She has given workshops in many areas of the United States, Canada and Europe. She conducts a private practice in New York City and East Hampton, New York. Barbara is a member of the Pathwork Community, Phoenicia, New York.”

Part I – Living on a planet of energy

Chapter 1 – The healing experience

In this chapter Barbara briefly talks about few of her clients during years of practice as a healer.

The first, Jenny, had a miscarriage several months before the visit and couldn’t get pregnant again. After many tests and opinions, the conventional medicine agreed she should have hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus). By using what Barbara calls „High Sense Perception” (HSP) she scanned her energy field (aura) and was able to "see” and "hear” what seems to be the cause and what Jenny must do to recover. A year later Jenny gave birth to a healthy baby boy – a dream she was waiting for with her husband.

The second client, Howard, was a retired blue-collar worker who at the beginning of healing was grey and had a constant heart pain. After first session the pain went away and after two months he was dancing again. The healing was a combination of laying-on hands and herbal medications.

The third was Ed, who came with wrist problems, weak back and painful orgasm during intercourse. Barbara was able to „read” from his auric field that his coccyx (tailbone) had been injured when he was about 12. Over several months, little by little, by restoring, balancing and strengthening energy flow she was able to help him.

The last one is Muriel. She came with greatly enlarged thyroid which, thanks to Barbara’s High Sense Perception (HSP), turns out not to be of a cancer origin. She already had an appointment for a surgery but by that time, after few healing sessions, there was no need for operation – much to the physicians surprise.

She explains: "laying-on hands, faith healing or spiritual healing (…) is not at all a mysterious process, but very straightforward, although many times very complicated. It is a procedure that involves rebalancing the energy field (…) Everyone has an energy field or aura that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body. This energy field is intimately associated with health. With [High Sense Perception] (…) one can see, hear, smell, taste and touch things that cannot normally be perceived.”

In terms of receiving information about client’s illness: "seemed to be coming from what appeared to be an intelligence higher than myself or what I normally considered to be myself. This process of receiving information in this way is popularly called channelling. Channelled information would come in the form of words, concepts or symbolic pictures that would enter into my mind when I was rebalancing the client's energy field. (...) For example, in one case I heard directly, "She has cancer," and I saw a black spot in her energy field. The black spot correlated in size, shape and location with results from a CAT scan taken later."

She talks about her life-journey resulting in becoming a healer - "As I look back, I can see the pattern of development of my abilities starting from birth. It is as if my life has been guided by some unseen hand that brought me to and led me through each experience in a step-by-step fashion, very much like going through school - the school we call life."

Chapter 1 closes with the following: "Illness can be seen as simply a message from your body to you that says, Wait a minute; something is wrong. You are not listening to your whole self; you are ignoring something very important to you. What is it? The source of the illness needs to be searched for in this way, either on the psychological or feeling level, on the level of understanding or simply by a change in one's state of being, which may not be conscious. A return to health requires much more personal work and change than simply taking pills prescribed by a doctor. Without personal change you will eventually create another problem to lead you back to the source that caused the disease in the first place. I have found that the source is the key. To deal with the source usually requires a life change that ultimately leads to a personal life more connected to the core of one's being. It leads us to that deeper part of ourselves that is sometimes called the high self or the spark of divinity within."

Chapter 2 – How to use this book

"This book is written primarily for those who are interested in self-understanding and self-revelation and the new healing method that is sweeping across this country, the healing art of laying-on of hands. (…) If you wish to learn self-healing, this book will be a challenge, for as outlined here, self-healing means self-transformation. Any illness, whether it be psychological or physical, will lead you on a journey of self-exploration and discovery that will completely change your life from the inside out. This book is a handbook for that journey, both in self-healing and in the healing of others."

Later she explains what reader can expect in the following parts of the book.

Chapter 3 – A note on training and the development of guidance

To become a healer is no easy task, just as it is no easy task to do anything well. One needs spiritual as well as technical training. One must go through self-initiated tests that challenge the weak parts of one's personality and develop one's creative focus, longing, and intent.”

She puts a strong emphasis on technical training: „counseling methods, anatomy, physiology, pathology, and massage technique, as well as some knowledge of acupuncture, homeopathy and nutritional and herbal cures. (…) The healer must have some knowledge of these methods to understand how they dovetail to make a healing a whole one, and to be able to communicate with the other people involved in the case.”

Then she points out her education, research, training, etc: "normal B.S. in physics (…) an M.S. degree in atmospheric physics from a state university (…) research with weather satellite instrumentation for NASA for five years (…) two years of training in bioenergetic counseling, one year in massage therapy, two years of anatomy/physiology, two years of specialization in altered states of consciousness, specifically in deep relaxation techniques, one year of homeopathy, three years of Core Energetic training, five years of Pathwork Helpership Training and several years studying with various healers around the country both privately and in workshops. (…) working with people and their energy fields privately and in groups for more than 15 years."

Later Barbara casts some light on what she probably meant by saying "intelligence higher than myself" revealing her connection with spiritual beings: "As my life unfolded, the unseen hand that led me became more and more perceptible. (…) I began seeing spiritual beings, as if in a vision. Then I began to hear them talking to me and feel them touch me. I now accept that I have a guide. I can see, hear, and feel him. (…) "He" says that his name is Heyoan (…) His introduction (…) was slow and organic."

The simplest guidance comes as an inner voice from the body in form of discomfort – physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. "(…) Where is the discomfort in your body/life? How long have you known about it? What is it saying to you? What have you done about it?" Then she adds: "Any discomfort anywhere in your body/life is a direct message to you about how you are out of alignment with your true self. (…) As you become more attentive to your personal needs by listening to internal messages that come to you in the form of discomfort, you will become more balanced and clear. This will bring more health to you."

Based on her experience, past lives have a huge impact on current live. She gives one example: "I would see the individual I was working with in a completely different setting in a different time frame. Whatever the scene was, it was relevant in some way to what was going on in the person's life. For example, a woman who was afraid of the water had drowned in another lifetime. She also had difficulty in asking for help in this lifetime. In the lifetime when she drowned, nobody could hear her screams for help when she fell off a boat."

Chapter 3 closes with: "We are all guided by spiritual teachers who speak to us in our dreams, through our intuition, and eventually, if we listen, they speak to us directly, perhaps through writing at first, then through sound, voice or concepts. These teachers are full of love and respect for us. At some point along the way, you, too, may be able to see them or directly communicate with them as I do. This will change your life, for you will find that you are fully and completely loved, as you are right now in this moment. You are deserving and worthy of this love. You deserve health, happiness and fulfillment in your life."

Last edited by a moderator:
Below few illustrations from the book. There's a PDF available online here

The-Seven-Major-Chakra.jpg
The-Seven-Layer-Autric-Body-System.jpg
Auras-in-Motion.jpg
Auras-Seen-in-Therapy-Sessions.jpg
Normal-Aura-of-a-Baby.jpg
Adult-and-Child-chakra.jpg
Balancing-Auric-Field.jpg
Past-Life-Trauma-in-the-Aura.jpg

I haven't read it but they are a bit confused or confusing about the base and sacral chakra.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back