Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Shit Memory - What's the point of reading?!

Light Yagami

Hello. I will ramble, I will. My actual question will be at the end (in bold/underline).
[/IMG]always bad. I remember when I was 17 and my friend/classmate was telling me about a theater we did in high school (when I was 14) and I could-not-remember anything at all. My friend was certain that I was also present in that theater, and she explained this scene from the play, and I vaaaguely remembered, like a flash of it.In general I don't remember my childhood, other than maybe a flash (a still image) of extremely few occasions. It's like I don't even have a past. My relatives and even same-age people know more things about me (have more memories of myself) than I do. I also don't remember anything at all about my country's history, although I had learned it all in school. Someone who had found out about that (that I don't remember our history at all), made me feel really ashamed about it "OMG you don't remember that?!" and a relative also had a similar (although not so extravagant) reaction when I had asked her a history question (she had told me "You should know that"). I hate it that I have to be ashamed of that. I simply can not remember. I'm not proud of it, but there's no need for others to be putting me down for that.

The irony is that in his astrological reading, HoodedCobra had told me that I have a certain planetary placement that makes me have a good memory........

I am not sure what of all is to blame.My parents did a shit job at properly raising me. When I was younger they put me in front of a tv 24/7, and when I was in high school I was at the computer for way too many hours. I would sleep at absurd hours (4 am, 5 am) while being at the computer (definitely for the ages 13-15). I would sleep with the mobile phone under my pillow. I would frequently eat (especially when I was younger than 13) bad food, like MacDonalds and potato chips, chocolate etc. For breakfast it would be milk with chocolate cereal. I also recently found out (I don't know if this could affect my memory) that my parents smoked inside the house (even when I was 5 years old) and the house was literally like a bomb had been dropped. I mean there was sooo much cigarette smoke, it was insane. I have no memories of it.

Anyway, I searched through the posts for memory-related things, and I came across this: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SSH ... opics/2896
<u [/IMG]<b [/IMG]So, for my actual questions:[/B]
W[/IMG]Does th[/IMG]What other [/IMG]I will also do a google search for memory exercises.[/B] :p
[/QUOTE]
I will do the Mannaz rune when I finish the current workings I've been doing.
However, until then....
2. <b [/IMG][/IMG]read[/IMG]<b [/IMG]NOT[/B] remember anything!!! I can't share the information with others! I can't even use it to an argument! It just pisses me off!!!!

Although I do enjoy reading... I can't help but wonder, is there any point to it? Does it even help me at all, if none of it gets into my head? They also say reading expands your vocabulary. Guess what? Despite the many unknown words I read (which I even had to google search their explanation), I don't remember any of them.

<b [/IMG]3. F[/IMG]a[/IMG]Can this ever be fixed?[/B]
I'm just so sad and frustrated... when I see the potential I may have had in my astrology map, and the way I was raised. I'm not 30 yet, but I feel like so many years of my life have gone on waste... on waste... I'm sad and frustrated.

Reading ur post sounds like me in some ways I mean.
That's alot I don't remember and I know alot if blocked do to the effect it had on me. Also my change of food made it worse.
Which may be one of ur problems for when u was young example the smoking and if there was arguments and such.

Anyways your not doom to forgot or have bad memory that is making u more worried and again creates more problem as well u know.

One of the things u can do especially after reading a book is write it out what u rememeber (journal)
And just sitting for a few seconds and just thinking about it. It may be that u read to fast also, if that's the case for now read slower and every chapter think about it for a few seconds, read another and go back again and think about the chapter and such.
That's an idea for brain boost, that's another example for dreams, wake up and write what u rememeber on the book.

Why not also write a diary about ur childhood from what u rememeber. Alot of times something else will come out that u forgot.

Have you considered fish oil? I've had some help with my memory from fish oil capsules. There not the "perfect" solution, though. I hate fish :/ smells awful, tastes worse.

well, your name is familiar alright. I've seen you around. Have you gotten good at void meditation? That can be used to recall memories, by voiding then focusing.

and..that's not..a question at the end. though caffeine and sugar do affect memory. anecdotal, from my own experiences.

Excessive use of the eyes can contribute to blood deficiency, as can doing so in the early menstrual years when blood is being lost once a month (something which does not occur prior to menarche).

If accompanied by any of the following symptoms..

Dizziness, heart palpitations, poor energy, difficulty getting to sleep..

Then blood deficiency is at the root of the poor memory.

It is likely with your astrological determination that yes you have a good memory but it is likely you are also prone to disorders and pathology thereof.

Being that this is a 'home' pathology, or a pathology of an expected nature, this means that the prognosis is good for a fill recovery.

Blood deficiency can be resolved by the moderate intake of red meat, hearty vegetables such as beetroot, chicken, bone and marrow broths, soups in general and light exercise to stimulate red blood cell growth.

Herbal medicine for blood deficiency is treated with Si Wu Wan although from memory of other posts you also have qi stagnation signs for which the herbal formula to treat your overall pattern is Xiao Yao Wan.

Hello,
1. There's this book I read on the topic. It's called Assimilative Memory by Prof. A. Loisette. Maybe it'll help you. It's an old book so you should be able to find it for free online. 
2. Have you tried reading a chapter, or a sub-chapter, or even a paragraph and then close the book and try to explain to yourself in your own words, that which you just read? This is a great exercise because whenever you have to explain a concept you are forced to consciously and actively reorganize the information in a way that makes sense to you. Different authors have different writing styles and although you understand what you're reading, you might not actively pay much attention to it so the information makes no real impression upon your mind. I do this sometimes when I come across some new and difficult concepts, in order to make sure I fully get them.
3. Obviously not. We're Spiritual Satanists here, not some losers on the street :) If we can grow limbs and cure deadly diseases, what makes you think a memory issue is outta reach and cannot be solved? It could be some blockages in the upper chakras; or a retrograde planet in your chart (which can manifest as a blockage). If there's a retrograde in your chart, try watering that planet. After your Saturn return (which happens around the age of 30) the retrogrades open up, but you should work on solving the problem and remove it from your soul permanently, so you can have a better start next life. Also work on freeing upper chakras from any and all sorts of blockages, curses and bindings. 
Cheer up :)
 – ThomaSS

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 11:04:08 PM GMT+1, ivyissexy69@... [SSHealth] <[email protected] wrote:

Excessive use of the eyes can contribute to blood deficiency, as can doing so in the early menstrual years when blood is being lost once a month (something which does not occur prior to menarche).

If accompanied by any of the following symptoms..

Dizziness, heart palpitations, poor energy, difficulty getting to sleep..

Then blood deficiency is at the root of the poor memory.

It is likely with your astrological determination that yes you have a good memory but it is likely you are also prone to disorders and pathology thereof.

Being that this is a 'home' pathology, or a pathology of an expected nature, this means that the prognosis is good for a fill recovery.

Blood deficiency can be resolved by the moderate intake of red meat, hearty vegetables such as beetroot, chicken, bone and marrow broths, soups in general and light exercise to stimulate red blood cell growth.

Herbal medicine for blood deficiency is treated with Si Wu Wan although from memory of other posts you also have qi stagnation signs for which the herbal formula to treat your overall pattern is Xiao Yao Wan.

Thank you everyone for the responses and I'm sorry for the very late reply.

To begin with @SeerofSS you actually made some good suggestions and I will try them out, to start working on my memory. :)
@exarkuun I have never considered fish oil. I actually don't have much fish in my diet (maybe once a month, maybe even less than that). Heh, yes, I've gotten better at void meditation... Although I really like to keep my mind active at all times, which is problematic in itself. :p

@CentralForce unfortunately, I do not have any of the other symptoms you mentioned. :/ You remember correctly about the qi stagnation though (although I wasn't clearly having the symptoms you had written - that was 2 years ago in a topic I had made about constipation).

@Thomas First of all, thank you for the book suggestion, I'll definitely check this book out (download/buy). I have actually not tried what you suggested (to read a paragraph and then explain it to myself)... Nevertheless, I have read certain sermons (as an example) countless times and I fully understand them, fully engulf the information at that moment, but shortly after the memory of what I read is blank. I will try this method nonetheless and let you know if it works. :)
As for the retrograde planets, I do have a few here and there LOL but most do not correspond to chakras. ;P However, I've realized there's an issue with my throat chakra, which I'm working on and feeling gooood about it. :)

I can't give any info on foods that help with memory but something I'd tell you. 
Memories not memory, is built through associations. 

You are forgetting things which you've just read because you are using your conscious mind to read and memorize. Aren't you? You MUST use both minds especially and mostly the subconscious mind while reading or just learn by heart which may not be that effective.
You gotta memorise things passively/subconsciously to remember the things forever.  

There are some memory techniques that solely work by using the subconscious mind. We are taught the Wrong method in schools to learn and memorise where we only use conscious mind and so we tend to forget quickly and to use rote memorise method which doesn't work. 
Check these links below. 
Some memory techniques :
 https://www.memory-improvement-tips.com ... stems.html

Explore this website, it has got some useful material conversing memory and memorising systems. ----------------------------------------
Verbatim text memorise link :
http://www.productivity501.com/how-to-m ... m-text/294

There are few more I think, just Google.
Also,know what type of learner are you. Visual learner, auditory learner or kinesthetic learner.. 
Also try learning this skill "speed reading". It would be very useful. There are online websites for learning it and also some Android apps. 

---------------------------------------------------------------How I memorise :
I use link method, verbatim method, and some of my own techniques that primarily uses visualisation + association.
Just think, While driving, when you see a STOP sign board on the way, do you actually READ it to understand that what's written on it is a word STOP?  No. You just simply look at it to understand. 
Similarly, I look at the texts in the book and I try to minimise the conscious mental voice which is your own voice that you hear while reading. I don't vocalise the texts in my mind while reading. I don't shut it out completely, I can't, I keep it at minimum. Low. So I rather try to absorb and understand the texts sentence by sentence subconsciously just by looking at it first and then I read texts carefully.. I can also take mental screenshots of the small text paragraph to memorise. That would require of me to expand my peripheral vision.
With the memory techniques I know, I can memorise the entire Oxford English dictionary PASSIVELY! And remember it forever. (I tried it and it worked but got bored soon). xD

You're welcome :) 
Another thing you can try is to evoke imagery while you read. By that I mean to call for a mental image for every word you read. Let's say you read about "a crow that flies around and then sits on a tree." Evoke a clear mental image for each word in that sentence (crow, flying, around, sits, tree); also see the action being performed (flying around, sitting on a tree). In the beginning you'll notice this will slow down your reading speed, but in time it'll become natural. Besides helping you remember more of what you read, your visualization abilities will be enhanced and the meaning of the things you read will gain new depths, among many other things.
 – ThomaSS

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 11:30:03 PM GMT+1, tapapakiastinseira@... [SSHealth] <[email protected] wrote:

Thank you everyone for the responses and I'm sorry for the very late reply.

To begin with @SeerofSS you actually made some good suggestions and I will try them out, to start working on my memory. :)
@exarkuun I have never considered fish oil. I actually don't have much fish in my diet (maybe once a month, maybe even less than that). Heh, yes, I've gotten better at void meditation... Although I really like to keep my mind active at all times, which is problematic in itself. :p

@CentralForce unfortunately, I do not have any of the other symptoms you mentioned. :/ You remember correctly about the qi stagnation though (although I wasn't clearly having the symptoms you had written - that was 2 years ago in a topic I had made about constipation).

@Thomas First of all, thank you for the book suggestion, I'll definitely check this book out (download/buy). I have actually not tried what you suggested (to read a paragraph and then explain it to myself)... Nevertheless, I have read certain sermons (as an example) countless times and I fully understand them, fully engulf the information at that moment, but shortly after the memory of what I read is blank. I will try this method nonetheless and let you know if it works. :)
As for the retrograde planets, I do have a few here and there LOL but most do not correspond to chakras. ;P However, I've realized there's an issue with my throat chakra, which I'm working on and feeling gooood about it. :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back