My child said he thinks we’re going to die in a rapture. I’m concerned and it was scary to hear that he felt that way, someone else told him this. Plz post advice. I said it’s not true but he got upset. I think this will stop in the future, but when people are really trying to convince your kids behind your back that these things are happening or will happen, it’s a lot. He might be susceptible to some things from his dad’s side. Can correct me if I’m wrong, I’d almost never reach out for advice specifically but I also have no knowledge of the rapture propaganda right now. I protested almost 10 years ago with thousands of people about someone preaching the rapture. This was so random and may not actually reflect him, there are some other things going on. I can’t push too far but the topic was depressing, we were talking about death of animals and he was sad and said it’s okay we’re all just going to die some-day in a rapture. Should I be concerned about depression

Rapture?
lexawest1 min to read
Do you monitor his online activity? From where would he have any idea of "rapture?"
3
Do you monitor his online activity? From where would he have any idea of "rapture?"
Hi, no online activity actually. At least, not at home. I think this is from a grandparent on his dad’s side who believes in that side of things, but I can’t be sure.
Hi, no online activity actually. At least, not at home. I think this is from a grandparent on his dad’s side who believes in that side of things, but I can’t be sure.
In the zevist parenting page I found this “Jonathan Haidt, in The Anxious Generation (2024), proposes 4 norms: no smartphones before high school, no social media before 16, phone-free schools, and far more independence and free play in the real world.18 His causal claims about social media are disputed by other researchers, notably Candice Odgers.19 The U.S. Surgeon General's advisory of 2023 states that adolescents who spend more than 3 hours a day on social media face double the risk of poor mental health outcomes, including symptoms of depression and anxiety.20Whatever the final verdict on causes, the counsel is sound on its own terms: more real freedom, less virtual exposure.”
I have had Johnathan Haidts book and started trying to type it out to make it free, last year. That’s an amazing suggestion and whoever wrote this portion and referenced the book holy moly. Thanks.
This is why he doesn’t not have free access internet (or he doesn’t yet) and I try not to use it around them, I knew that before I had the book but the book goes really in depth on things.
In the zevist parenting page I found this “Jonathan Haidt, in The Anxious Generation (2024), proposes 4 norms: no smartphones before high school, no social media before 16, phone-free schools, and far more independence and free play in the real world.18 His causal claims about social media are disputed by other researchers, notably Candice Odgers.19 The U.S. Surgeon General's advisory of 2023 states that adolescents who spend more than 3 hours a day on social media face double the risk of poor mental health outcomes, including symptoms of depression and anxiety.20Whatever the final verdict on causes, the counsel is sound on its own terms: more real freedom, less virtual exposure.”
I have had Johnathan Haidts book and started trying to type it out to make it free, last year. That’s an amazing suggestion and whoever wrote this portion and referenced the book holy moly. Thanks.
This is why he doesn’t not have free access internet (or he doesn’t yet) and I try not to use it around them, I knew that before I had the book but the book goes really in depth on things.
This is the targeted reply.
He does have a computer but school use only.
He does have a computer but school use only.
Don't worry about such topics, the kid will grow out of it once he gets older. Read Temple of Zeus, you'll find there a lot of arguments against this "rapture".
0
Don't worry about such topics, the kid will grow out of it once he gets older. Read Temple of Zeus, you'll find there a lot of arguments against this "rapture".
Some people can be more existentially-focused than others, and yes, this can lead to depression, or the opposite of blind optimism. Whether this is behavioral or due to his belief in Abrahamic dogma is something to determine.
Also, please try to keep all posts on this topic together into one thread, as otherwise it can clutter the forums and make it hard for full conversations to happen.
3
Some people can be more existentially-focused than others, and yes, this can lead to depression, or the opposite of blind optimism. Whether this is behavioral or due to his belief in Abrahamic dogma is something to determine.
Also, please try to keep all posts on this topic together into one thread, as otherwise it can clutter the forums and make it hard for full conversations to happen.
If I have to step back and look at the full context of what he’s saying and share the whole thing, because his words and views matter, and because of the cthonic ritual release… the fact that the subject came up and this happened doesn’t seem like a coincidence. Aside from the undertones, if he’s anything like me which he is - I had to share that our dog passed away. I said “I have some awful news. ——-didn’t make it through the surgery,”
Him: “I know what you’re saying already and I know what that means when someone doesn’t make it through a surgery,”
I said “——- is dead,”
“MOM, WHY do you have to say it like that?” And I said “Like what?” And then he mocked me and said “like sad, “——— is DEAAAD. I get it, BUT you know what mom, we’re ALL going to die anyway,” -> insert rapture.
He was half thinking of me and was just saying “get over it,” and maybe frustrated because “why don’t you get it by now,” so maybe I did do an excellent job at managing the subject throughout the years, and if I’m the more sad one I’m being weak. I tried to give one of my positive rants but he didn’t need it, and so it’s also his way of schooling me, so I deserve that. He said “Just say it like it is and say it NORMAL,” I said “OKAY WOO IS DEAD, HE PASSED AWAY, he was so loved and thought of us before his passing,” We made his life amazing. I said animals don’t live as long as people which he already got. So I think I know what to do now. Maybe posting the conversation here will help someone else. I have to shape up and honor things in a different way.
I’m really glad that things are how they are, and I explained this to my friend the other day, at some point when a kid doesn’t want your support but they’re overall happy it means you did well once they get older. They rebound from trauma more quickly, are quick to understand things and have more compassion and consideration and an ability to deal with life. Science along with it plus other disorder studies and how early trauma relates to adults, depending on what happens affects someone’s ability to handle adult life drastically along with making the right decisions as an adult. I’ve heard words out of his mouth that are over the top understanding of some really difficult things about the world. A lot of things are telling me intuition wise that it’s okay to focus on other damaged people & not feel guilty. Which he’s literally said before. Kids are like guides when they’re little.
And looking at Lydia’s post on reincarnation, one of the first shirts I purchased with money that I made by myself online shortly after dedicating was a random shirt from a mystery box. It felt good not to be told what to buy.
The qoute was “That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die,” derived from h.p. Lovecraft. It had me thinking at that point it was a sign, I went on to study a lot. I look forward to certain innovations & I looked away from uglier things but there’s a beauty in moving on. When I got sick with my ex, right after our daughter I said if I go just know you made me happy, and he said go live your life. Sad story, but I did that and I was like okay with everything but it’s literally not happening and now I’m cooler than him career wise. He just wound up competing with me.
Anyway, that which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die is a quote I’ll have for that whole time period of my life. Because apparently, after a few very strange what felt like aeons death has died at least for me in this lifetime. I think witnessing it was difficult, and PTSD is something that happens to a lot of people where they experience survivors guilt as well, but also something traumatic can say to you later to fight harder or differently, in molecular bio certain events change epigenetic dna and are passed down even.
Lydia’s post about reincarnation makes me also wonder, while someone is passing and even with a baby there already there’s something about my son & his chart. He’s like maybe his great grandpa.
As far as trauma and dna goes, people asked not only how we survived (my son and I) a traumatic event but how he wound up “so normal and healthy,” I said it was the way it was handled. And this might be weird but it is a spiritual forum with a lot of new ideas - but I felt like a part of me left the night this big event happened while I was pregnant. I fought for my life and the aftermath was atrocious. I had to fight with myself on wanting to live afterward too, which might sound dramatic but it’s not and this is what kids may not understand sometimes and maybe they shouldn’t. Anyway, not to sound like a journal or put anything crazy online - but I still sincerely believe I lost something that night and something was gained for my son on a different level than anything obvious. I did literally fight and saved us, and I said to myself whatever I’m losing now you’ll keep. I even forced it/willed it to happen. I wasn’t sure if either of us would make it, for a good some hour or two or three. He’s a survivor and he doesn’t even know it. So thank the gods for the life we have now, and everything that happened up to now. Some things even science can’t explain but maybe that’s also where the compassion comes in. The feeling of having maybe your soul ripped out of your body in plain day, unfortunately by someone else I fought to get rid of scars too. I can look at my scars now as “I survived,” and not “look what this person tried to take from me,”
If I have to step back and look at the full context of what he’s saying and share the whole thing, because his words and views matter, and because of the cthonic ritual release… the fact that the subject came up and this happened doesn’t seem like a coincidence. Aside from the undertones, if he’s anything like me which he is - I had to share that our dog passed away. I said “I have some awful news. ——-didn’t make it through the surgery,”
Him: “I know what you’re saying already and I know what that means when someone doesn’t make it through a surgery,”
I said “——- is dead,”
“MOM, WHY do you have to say it like that?” And I said “Like what?” And then he mocked me and said “like sad, “——— is DEAAAD. I get it, BUT you know what mom, we’re ALL going to die anyway,” -> insert rapture.
He was half thinking of me and was just saying “get over it,” and maybe frustrated because “why don’t you get it by now,” so maybe I did do an excellent job at managing the subject throughout the years, and if I’m the more sad one I’m being weak. I tried to give one of my positive rants but he didn’t need it, and so it’s also his way of schooling me, so I deserve that. He said “Just say it like it is and say it NORMAL,” I said “OKAY WOO IS DEAD, HE PASSED AWAY, he was so loved and thought of us before his passing,” We made his life amazing. I said animals don’t live as long as people which he already got. So I think I know what to do now. Maybe posting the conversation here will help someone else. I have to shape up and honor things in a different way.
I’m really glad that things are how they are, and I explained this to my friend the other day, at some point when a kid doesn’t want your support but they’re overall happy it means you did well once they get older. They rebound from trauma more quickly, are quick to understand things and have more compassion and consideration and an ability to deal with life. Science along with it plus other disorder studies and how early trauma relates to adults, depending on what happens affects someone’s ability to handle adult life drastically along with making the right decisions as an adult. I’ve heard words out of his mouth that are over the top understanding of some really difficult things about the world. A lot of things are telling me intuition wise that it’s okay to focus on other damaged people & not feel guilty. Which he’s literally said before. Kids are like guides when they’re little.
And looking at Lydia’s post on reincarnation, one of the first shirts I purchased with money that I made by myself online shortly after dedicating was a random shirt from a mystery box. It felt good not to be told what to buy.
The qoute was “That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die,” derived from h.p. Lovecraft. It had me thinking at that point it was a sign, I went on to study a lot. I look forward to certain innovations & I looked away from uglier things but there’s a beauty in moving on. When I got sick with my ex, right after our daughter I said if I go just know you made me happy, and he said go live your life. Sad story, but I did that and I was like okay with everything but it’s literally not happening and now I’m cooler than him career wise. He just wound up competing with me.
Anyway, that which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die is a quote I’ll have for that whole time period of my life. Because apparently, after a few very strange what felt like aeons death has died at least for me in this lifetime. I think witnessing it was difficult, and PTSD is something that happens to a lot of people where they experience survivors guilt as well, but also something traumatic can say to you later to fight harder or differently, in molecular bio certain events change epigenetic dna and are passed down even.
Lydia’s post about reincarnation makes me also wonder, while someone is passing and even with a baby there already there’s something about my son & his chart. He’s like maybe his great grandpa.
As far as trauma and dna goes, people asked not only how we survived (my son and I) a traumatic event but how he wound up “so normal and healthy,” I said it was the way it was handled. And this might be weird but it is a spiritual forum with a lot of new ideas - but I felt like a part of me left the night this big event happened while I was pregnant. I fought for my life and the aftermath was atrocious. I had to fight with myself on wanting to live afterward too, which might sound dramatic but it’s not and this is what kids may not understand sometimes and maybe they shouldn’t. Anyway, not to sound like a journal or put anything crazy online - but I still sincerely believe I lost something that night and something was gained for my son on a different level than anything obvious. I did literally fight and saved us, and I said to myself whatever I’m losing now you’ll keep. I even forced it/willed it to happen. I wasn’t sure if either of us would make it, for a good some hour or two or three. He’s a survivor and he doesn’t even know it. So thank the gods for the life we have now, and everything that happened up to now. Some things even science can’t explain but maybe that’s also where the compassion comes in. The feeling of having maybe your soul ripped out of your body in plain day, unfortunately by someone else I fought to get rid of scars too. I can look at my scars now as “I survived,” and not “look what this person tried to take from me,”
For the qoute I just posted it was always a mystery - that which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die-
I never had a good enough meaning and I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, basically you’re supposed to be able to comprehend things like famous art & books sometimes. Lovecraft was one of those mysterious things,
I got frustrated by it but now I look at it and it can mean a lot. It refers to “ancient god like monsters,” in the literature but in context of life it has underlying tones,
That which is not dead (could reference internally (traumas) or emotional wounds) can eternal lie - you don’t face things they can lie eternally - and with strange aeons even death may die -
Strange aeons when specific things happen in the world and everything that hasn’t had its closure, when it comes full circle death may die. Maybe, just one thought.
For the qoute I just posted it was always a mystery - that which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die-
I never had a good enough meaning and I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, basically you’re supposed to be able to comprehend things like famous art & books sometimes. Lovecraft was one of those mysterious things,
I got frustrated by it but now I look at it and it can mean a lot. It refers to “ancient god like monsters,” in the literature but in context of life it has underlying tones,
That which is not dead (could reference internally (traumas) or emotional wounds) can eternal lie - you don’t face things they can lie eternally - and with strange aeons even death may die -
Strange aeons when specific things happen in the world and everything that hasn’t had its closure, when it comes full circle death may die. Maybe, just one thought.
Zevist page on parenting ages 9-13
“The same page names the danger the Temple sets itself against: the system in which the first question is the first act of disobedience. The Zevist home is the opposite of that system. Questions are welcome; reasons are owed; proof decides.”
Nice, actually.
Zevist page on parenting ages 9-13
“The same page names the danger the Temple sets itself against: the system in which the first question is the first act of disobedience. The Zevist home is the opposite of that system. Questions are welcome; reasons are owed; proof decides.”
Nice, actually.
Hi, Im sorry to hear that. The way you explain will ofcourse be dependent on your childs age but starting with the facts that their naratives are bullshit and that it's promoted out of ignorance would be a logical place to start. Backing that up with some of our matterials (again adapted to age) that explain how and why in digested form and framing the whole thing without it being overwhelming may be difficult but you should try nonetheless. Followed by some optimism explaining how the situation is changing and that we're slowly coming out of the age of ignorance. Btw, rapture as in the xtian story? If that's coming from the other parent than it is complicated and very delicate but if it's just from other relatives maybe try to limit their exposure to such toxic people if possible.
Good luck, just be calm and confident as much as you can.
1
Hi, Im sorry to hear that. The way you explain will ofcourse be dependent on your childs age but starting with the facts that their naratives are bullshit and that it's promoted out of ignorance would be a logical place to start. Backing that up with some of our matterials (again adapted to age) that explain how and why in digested form and framing the whole thing without it being overwhelming may be difficult but you should try nonetheless. Followed by some optimism explaining how the situation is changing and that we're slowly coming out of the age of ignorance. Btw, rapture as in the xtian story? If that's coming from the other parent than it is complicated and very delicate but if it's just from other relatives maybe try to limit their exposure to such toxic people if possible.
Good luck, just be calm and confident as much as you can.
What’s cute is that when he was told that someone passed away, and he loved him too the way he saw it was that I didn’t have a parent, and he just thought he was so lucky to have parents. He said “I have a mom and dad, but you don’t have a mom and dad,” and he pointed to the stars which was weirdly I think where the Sagittarius constellation was out of no where, and he said “that’s where grandpa is.” We didn’t talk about any afterlife or anything serious. My dad was a Sagittarius so maybe weird coincidence
What’s cute is that when he was told that someone passed away, and he loved him too the way he saw it was that I didn’t have a parent, and he just thought he was so lucky to have parents. He said “I have a mom and dad, but you don’t have a mom and dad,” and he pointed to the stars which was weirdly I think where the Sagittarius constellation was out of no where, and he said “that’s where grandpa is.” We didn’t talk about any afterlife or anything serious. My dad was a Sagittarius so maybe weird coincidence
