Header Wallpaper

Paranoia

Avatarsingularity.52 min to read

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share some things that I have learned upon my journey which I think might be helpful to some other Zevists. I haven't been particularly active in the past, and when I have it's been in a more abrasive manner than I believe was optimally effective in order to communicate my questions, concerns, and ideas. I have calibrated my use of this previously habitual communication style, and I hope to be a valuable member of the community going forward.

The world is a very scary place. Many people have intentions that are contrary to the wellbeing of those around them. Ultimately, they harm only themselves by engaging in such behavior. Regardless, their actions may be very hurtful or damaging in the short term. In an environment surrounded by such people, it is common for humans to unconsciously adopt a diminutive, constrained, labored posture in which they constantly imagine conspiracies and backroom machinations that must be going on behind mundane oddities or quirks of other people they meet. Such a posture is understandable, but very damaging to the growth of the person in question and the people who interact with them. Excessive time spent dwelling on what may or may not be happening in the mythical "backroom" ultimately leads one chiefly to desolation.

You have nothing to be afraid of. The Gods are among us, and they smile upon each and every person who earnestly devotes even a meager offering of time, money, or effort to the advancement of our collective interests. There is no need to be afraid of odd occurrences, synchronicities, or anything else that escapes the full grasp of one's conscious understanding. If you are only comfortable around that which you believe you understand, you will either close yourself off from everything beyond your understanding (leading to spiritual, intellectual, and emotional stagnation), or - more commonly - you will try force novel experiences into little imaginary boxes where they can be dismissed without earnest inquiry. Both of these outcomes are catastrophic. It is the duty of every Zevist to free themselves of all psychological shackles, including those that may or may not feel "load-bearing" for one's understanding of the world around them. To do so is freedom.

No replies found