Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Organising Translations: Present & Future

Hellenic SS

Website
satanismos.gr
Table of Contents:
  1. Introduction
  2. Issues in translated JoS sites
  3. HTML titles
  4. AI translators
  5. Changes and differences across sites
  6. JoS Astro
  7. New sites
  8. Conclusion
    +Guide

Greetings to all translators.

1. I recommend reading HP Hooded Cobra's post about translations. To summarise, it is stated that translations should be over by May 1st 2025 (Satanic New Year).

This leaves us with a bit less than 10 months of work. It may seem like a lot, but it is just enough for us to get everything done, assuming we want to present professional sites to the world.

With that said, this year has been a year of immense progress in translations. JoS Turkey, Greece, France, Italy, and Spain come to mind first. Recently, JoS Philippines and Serbo-Croatia have also started organising. There are probably other translation groups I haven't paid attention to. This is exciting, but we are far from done. There are still issues across various language-specific JoS sites that I would like to point out.

2. Those issues include:
  1. Websites not working
  2. The Home page being outdated (pre-2024)
  3. The Home page not being translated (JoS logo, grids, text, copyright notice, etc.)
  4. The title of the site being left as "Joy of Satan" (not being translated into the right language)
These are the bare minimum that should be done by May 1st 2024. You can contact @ApolloAbove [JG] for IT-related issues (websites not working) and @The Alchemist7 [JG] for everything else.

3. As for changing the title of the site (HTML title), which is the text that appears on the tab, there is a guide on the bottom of the page. Ideally, all pages should have their titles translated, though there are literally hundreds of pages (~700) across all sites (main JoS, Black Sun 666, Exposing Christianity, etc.). I personally translated all of them, but not everyone has much free time. This is definetely possible with logical organising. Roles can be assigned to get this done faster.

4. Another subject I want to mention, is AI translators. Most translation groups avoid them, but JoS Greece uses them quite a lot. What I personally do, is collect the translations that other Greek translators send me and paste the translated text below the original text, paragraph-by-paragraph. I then use the original text as an index, and do the editing. Then, delete the original text. This helps save a lot of time. DeepL is the best for us.

5. There are also certain websites making their own changes according to what they believe is best. JoS Greece has done this too. Ideally, these changes should be discussed with @The Alchemist7 [JG] and agreed upon by translators in a group. Sometimes, these changes end up being better than the original, but other times they are proven to be unnecessary or even counterproductive.

6. Furthermore, JoS Astro is also something that could be translated, though it's not urgent. There are already 10 languages, and Greek will be added sometime before Halloween as well.

7. Finally, it is likely that new sites will come out in the future, before May 1st. It is our duty to translate them and have them finished by then. Other sites, such as JoS Rituals, can also be updated.

8. Conclusion: There are some issues that need to be fixed and factors that need to be taken into consideration, with the general deadline of May 1st 2025. It would be best for everything to be done by then.

Guide for HTML titles:

As mentioned above, the HTML title of the Home page should be translated, though it would be best to do this for all pages. Webword is the tool to do this, among other things.

For the Home page, you will have to find it manually. Go to File--> Open--> Type, and then scroll down until you find the Home page. There may be multiple files. Find the correct one. You can check the URL of the Home page by going to your site and looking at the URL. Then, go to File--> Page Setup --> Edit Code, and find the <title> line of code. Write the translated title between <title> and </title>. Save it and refresh the Home page in your other tab. Make sure not to make any typos.

For any other page, go to File--> Open URL, and then paste the link. This works for all pages except for the Home page. The rest of the process is the same. If some pages don't have the <title> line of code, make it on your own. Just write <title></title> and stick the text in between.

Thank you for your efforts to motivate troops, it's not the first time you take such initiative.

It seems there is no real organization plan, beginning with task lists, sitemap, a resources repository... and least of all a hierarchy of managers, as our few Guardians are overworked.
So, any effort in this direction is welcome !

I also tried to help and work on the menubar actually which should be finished this week.
I've broken it down and simplified it, in order to make it editable and independant of the rest. I noted a layout dependency with its compagnion page.css which must be corrected.

Then, everyone could have his version.

I have a question. In the list below, am I missing something that should be included in the complete JoS package?
  1. JoS Main
  2. Exposing Christianity
  3. Black Sun
  4. Third Reich
  5. Real Holocaust
  6. Kabbalah Exposed
Thank you.

Thank you for your efforts to motivate troops, it's not the first time you take such initiative.

It seems there is no real organization plan, beginning with task lists, sitemap, a resources repository... and least of all a hierarchy of managers, as our few Guardians are overworked.
So, any effort in this direction is welcome !

I also tried to help and work on the menubar actually which should be finished this week.
Thank you for your kind words. Could you please DM me at some point about how you fixed the menubar? It's something that I had left out for months, since I couldn't really find a way around it.

I have a question. In the list below, am I missing something that should be included in the complete JoS package?
  1. JoS Main
  2. Exposing Christianity
  3. Black Sun
  4. Third Reich
  5. Real Holocaust
  6. Kabbalah Exposed
Thank you.
1) Satan's Library is missing.
2) Is there a Bulgarian Kabbalah Exposed? We don't have it in Greek. I might have to make a new sub-folder in Webword for that and translate everything.
3) There may be new sites in the future. Again, we will have to make new sub-folders for them, with the guidance of JG Alchemist most likely.

1) Satan's Library is missing.
2) Is there a Bulgarian Kabbalah Exposed? We don't have it in Greek. I might have to make a new sub-folder in Webword for that and translate everything.
3) There may be new sites in the future. Again, we will have to make new sub-folders for them, with the guidance of JG Alchemist most likely.

For the time being, we are linking to the english Satan's Library because we don't have translations there.
As for the Bulgarian Kabbalah, I have it recreated here https://satanizum.org/kabbalahexposed_main.html but its still work in progress in terms of translations.
I am collecting all JoS related websites and putting them under the same domain as one unified website and so I was wondering if that list is complete. In the future when new websites become available, they will be added aswell.

For the time being, we are linking to the english Satan's Library because we don't have translations there.
As for the Bulgarian Kabbalah, I have it recreated here https://satanizum.org/kabbalahexposed_main.html but its still work in progress in terms of translations.
I am collecting all JoS related websites and putting them under the same domain as one unified website and so I was wondering if that list is complete. In the future when new websites become available, they will be added aswell.
Awesome. As for the Greek Kabbalah Exposed, I'll use the old format in order to match all the other sites. This will apply to new sites too.

@OccultAffinity666 there is a version on My Tor Repository . 50% of the job is about dead links... a nightmare.
I have also a method to generate the site without a line of html. Just contact me.
Thank you for the links, I'll add them to my list. Also found your Tor Repo, good job fixing the broken links in the exposing islam website!
I will start working on these two sometime in the future since I already have a lot of work to do.

Awesome. As for the Greek Kabbalah Exposed, I'll use the old format in order to match all the other sites. This will apply to new sites too.

Death of Communism is gigantic. If I ever decide to translate it, I will use DeepL (as I do now) but without proofreading. It's a secondary site after all, so I don't think it matters much.
(y)(y) I switched to mostly using DeepL aswell and find it very useful with small fixes and proofreading. Great help for our efforts and great timing aswell.

Thank you for writing this important topic. I have also taken HPHC' topic regarding translation to heart.
As for JoS Serbo/Croatian, I have dedicated 2 hours daily on translating material that is on websites. At the moment it is not much because there is still possible hundreds of pages left to do but for me it is something I can work with best while still keeping up with job, meditations, outreach and studying. With this schedule I barely have any time for myself but I prefer not to waste time on unneccesary things.
As for studying, while translating, I always study the content written on the page and I learn something new every day. So it may not seem best to work only 2 hours but this is as it it for now.
JoS Serbo/Croatian only has 2 active translators for now but I know everything will be done until the end of the Satanic year.
Then, only once everything is translated, I believe 2 hours daily will be more than enough or maybe not even needed when new content gets added to JoS main website.
But I will remain an active translator for JoS Serbo/Croatia as this is decided and something I want to work as.

Thanks brother!

What a great timing. I experienced an issue with the homepage and your post just come in time. Regarding the planned timeline, JoS Philippines will make every effort to achieve our goals.

Even though we are not using DeepL, this method seems effective. I will try this from now on. It's also a good way to learn the language.

What I personally do, is collect the translations that other Greek translators send me and paste the translated text below the original text, paragraph-by-paragraph. I then use the original text as an index, and do the editing. Then, delete the original text. This helps save a lot of time. DeepL is the best for us.

Thank you for writing this important topic. I have also taken HPHC' topic regarding translation to heart.
As for JoS Serbo/Croatian, I have dedicated 2 hours daily on translating material that is on websites. At the moment it is not much because there is still possible hundreds of pages left to do but for me it is something I can work with best while still keeping up with job, meditations, outreach and studying. With this schedule I barely have any time for myself but I prefer not to waste time on unneccesary things.
It's not a serious problem if you don't manage to translate 100% of the JoS, focus on the more important articles and then decide about the rest.

Thanks brother!

What a great timing. I experienced an issue with the homepage and your post just come in time. Regarding the planned timeline, JoS Philippines will make every effort to achieve our goals.

Even though we are not using DeepL, this method seems effective. I will try this from now on. It's also a good way to learn the language.
Glad to know that I helped you. As for DeepL, it especially helps with larger articles like those in Exposing Christianity.

Death of Communism is gigantic. If I ever decide to translate it, I will use DeepL (as I do now) but without proofreading. It's a secondary site after all, so I don't think it matters much.
None of our sites is "secondary" in the sense that it's of lesser importance. Every single one of them matters immensely, and each serves its own purpose and has its own importance. Do you think communism is a good thing? Does it not "matter much" if people learn the truth about the communist agenda?

If you try to live in China, for example, maybe your perspective will change, and you will start thinking that it does matter a lot...

As for the translations, please do not use automatic translations without proofreading. This is pointless... it's better to prioritize quality over a false sense of quantity. There is no point in having a website out there to add to our number of translated sites if the translations are not 100% accurate.

DeepL is no doubt the best tool out there to automate some of the translation process, but without proper proofreading, it can be disastrous. It can completely miss the point of some sentences and twist the meaning entirely, I speak from experience here.

This is not what we want. We want people to learn the truth. If the truth isn't there, then there's no point. Everything must be properly proofread.

This is not what we want. We want people to learn the truth. If the truth isn't there, then there's no point. Everything must be properly proofread.
This is why we're not going to translate it, as we won't be able to proof-read it before May 1st. By "secondary", I don't mean that it's less important, I mean that it's not well-known or as visited as Exposing Christianity or Black Sun 666. I should have clarified that.

Deepl does amazing work with certain languages. I can rate it between 7-9/10 in most cases I have used it which is a stark contrast to what Google Translate was about a decade ago which was about 1-2/10. That being said, everything has to be proofread, absolutely. There is no way around it, but using automated tools saves a lot of time and should not be overlooked no matter what kind of content we use it for. I would recommend only discarding these tools if they provide subpar results like those below the abovementioned range. It can still be possible for certain languages.

It's not a serious problem if you don't manage to translate 100% of the JoS, focus on the more important articles and then decide about the rest.
That is what I do, my focus is still on main JoS website, unfortunately our domain hasnt been updated for a year or more and many of pages are broken, same goes with Death of Communism and other. I hope JG'S will update all domains on the most recent JoS main website.

Is it possible for you to tag or mark any posts which have not been officially proofread or translated? I do believe Deepl has benefit, too, but also we have to be careful not to lose context, nuance, and so on, from HPS Maxine's original words. Obviously, this won't ever be perfect and has to be balanced with the overall time spent, but we should be careful about being overly reliant on Deepl, or at least not to accidently conflate it with a human.

That is why, in my opinion, some sort of grading should be applied to each article, such as like "Deepl-Only Translation", "Deepl + Editor Translation", or "Full Human Translation".

Deepl does amazing work with certain languages. I can rate it between 7-9/10 in most cases I have used it which is a stark contrast to what Google Translate was about a decade ago which was about 1-2/10. That being said, everything has to be proofread, absolutely. There is no way around it, but using automated tools saves a lot of time and should not be overlooked no matter what kind of content we use it for. I would recommend only discarding these tools if they provide subpar results like those below the abovementioned range. It can still be possible for certain languages.

What is your opinion on the above? Also, thanks for sharing what I am quoting now.

What is your opinion on the above?
I understand the want or even the need for such a system. Yes, it can be done if we really need to. I am curious about the practical approach to creating a system for marking the text. Otherwise, we have thousands of notes all over the place. Since the project is a very large one, an efficient and sensible system needs to be developed, in my opinion.

Is it possible for you to tag or mark any posts which have not been officially proofread or translated?
Yes, I have been doing this for quite a while now.

I am curious about the practical approach to creating a system for marking the text. Otherwise, we have thousands of notes all over the place. Since the project is a very large one, an efficient and sensible system needs to be developed, in my opinion.
Planning translations takes hours. It's exhausting, but it's something that I and many others love doing.

Yes, I have been doing this for quite a while now.

Planning translations takes hours. It's exhausting, but it's something that I and many others love doing.
Planning? Do you mean doing translations? Yes, I know. :) I and one other did the whole JoS and much more. There is still work to be done, as always.

To be honest, I prefer the old versions of Exposing christianity, Black Sun 666, Third Reich and Satanism, and the Real Holocaust. They're much simpler and easier to work with. I'll use the old format for Kabbalah Exposed.

What exactly do you have difficulties with? Give some examples and explanations that can be worked with.

What exactly do you have difficulties with? Give some examples and explanations that can be worked with.
The new versions of these sites have large frames for videos and lots of images. The simplistic look of the old versions made them easier to navigate in my opinion. The new sites are probably linked to CSS files too, meaning we would make a CSS file with accurate code for all domains.

Hello. Death of Communism is "secondary" after the JoS site so to say but it has significant importance especially regarding Europe's recent history. It has very important information that most people should have access to and be aware of. Please do not translate it merely with Deepl as it will certainly end up with many mistakes. If you want to use Deepl, as time goes every article should be proofread and corrected between all translators available, we can plan this out. Greek and English are so different that any automated translation will end up badly and with many errors.

Hello. Death of Communism is "secondary" after the JoS site so to say but it has significant importance especially regarding Europe's recent history. It has very important information that most people should have access to and be aware of. Please do not translate it merely with Deepl as it will certainly end up with many mistakes. If you want to use Deepl, as time goes every article should be proofread and corrected between all translators available, we can plan this out. Greek and English are so different that any automated translation will end up badly and with many errors.
I don't have the time to proof-read Death of Communism, proof-reading everything else is already a slow process.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back