Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Epilepsy and meditation - Please advice :)

Light Yagami

<b [/IMG]I have an SS friend who was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. This is her message:[/B]

[/IMG]The epilepsy is in the temporal lobe.[/B]
During the EEG (electroencephalogram) which lasted about 50 minutes, the doctor said that I had about 6 or 7 seizures, in none of which I had spasms.

The problem with my sleep began around 6 years ago.The first actual seizure appeared 4 years ago (which I thought was panic attack).

I did the dedication in 2016. I have already performed the awakening of the chakras meditations and I'm daily doing aura and chakras cleaning and protection (with rune Algiz).I have also done the munka meditation and I'm doing hatha yoga.I have completed the 40 days meditation program of HoodedCobra (that means breathing exercises etc).
The doctor asked for an additional examination (MRI). And he prescribed LACOSAMIDE.

<b [/IMG][/IMG]1. Are there specific meditation that I shouldn't do or that they can harm me?
[/B]<b [/IMG]2. Are there any [/IMG]3. Is there something that I can do to heal myself on my own (no pills etc)?[/B]

@52snq5kzmloc7hsmcbuwentcch5fpuhgyio3o25r I did tell her about the KETO diet. She's interested in it (she loves meat). I hope it will help her. Thank you for the suggestion, the KETO diet had completely slipped my mind.

@Centralforce666
Her other symptoms are:
1. She hardly has any memories from her childhood and her teenage years (she's now 30 years old).
2. She can't sleep well for over six years now; she usually wakes up at night, being fully conscious (fully awake) in order to just change her sleeping posture (like, turn on the other side). There are other times (rarely) that she sleeps so heavily, no noise can wake her up.
3. She has outbursts of rage. In general she becomes extremely angry but all of her emotions are very intense. Her intense emotions began around 2 years ago.

In regards to her panic attacks, she explained to me:
When a panic attack starts, her thoughts, her dreams (the ones she has in her sleep) and her goals are all mixed into her mind. This causes her sudden panic and stress - her heart starts beating loudly etc. She also feels like she's going to pass out, so she lies down (if she didn't, she'd lose consciousness).
During this time (when she's stressed) she can communicate with others just fine (speak to them etc), but she wants them to leave her alone (she will tell them so). This lasts for 3-4 minutes.
After the stress goes away (she can get up etc), she has difficult speaking. She can think normally in her head, her thoughts are coherent and fine, but her tongue becomes "tangled" so to speak - she confuses her words and such.
Last time that she had this panic attack, her being unable to properly speak (after the attack) lasted for 2 hours.
Moreover, after the stress goes away, she can not remember what had triggered the panic attack to begin with (what caused her thoughts, dreams and goals to become mixed in her mind).

The panic attacks have been happening for around 4 years now.

Keto diet is dangerous and unhealthy, Hp Mageson has made a topic about it on the old forums.

I know other Brothers in Satan who are doing this diet for months now and they are just fine. One should also take supplements of magnesium and potassium.
It is unhealthy for pregnant women and young children who need everything in their diet.

Ketogenic diet.. If you eat too much meat you have the risk of not getting enough vitamins and other nutrients.
Also, speaking about the sour base balance.. Meat is sour. The last place where you will find PH changes is your blood yet they always measure that. If the PH of your blood is out of whack it is life threatening.
Basicly what happens is what isnt broken down gets put in the tissues that are the least used.
Which has all kinds of side effects of course. Do not think that this is something you can fix by a simple one week detox. It took years to build up so it can take months t years to get rid of it completely.
At best youll just stress yourself out throw your body out of whack.
Detox by eating healthy natural things.

Ketogenic refers first of all not to meat but to fats.
On the topic of animal fat. Most animals especially commercially grown do contain toxins and are most likely not the healthiest for you at all.
Secondly, toxins accumulate. So you eat something that is toxin ridden and whilst it may not be poisonous to them, these will accumulate in your system, eventually becoming toxic to you.

This and also the becoming too sour of the tissus has as a result loss of functioning of organs which over time leads to all kinds of illnesses, some which manifest after 10+ years.

So that you are fine now may not mean you are fine later.

I am NOT against a ketogenic diet. But you shouldnt just be upping the meat intake like a stupid without doing your research on it.
Because its NOT about the meat.
And remember: Eat Quality. Not Quantity, unless you have no other choice that is.

-Taol

One only needs to look at the side effects of a ketogenic diet to know what it does to the body...

Excessive urination is the result of the body trying to remove ketone bodies. Unlike glucose, which is not excreted in the urine except in the presence of kidney disease, ketone bodies are readily excreted. The excessive urination over time overworks the kidneys and is a sign in and of itself of kidney qi weakness.

Acetone breath is the result of acetoacetate molecules evaporating out of the blood via the lungs, much like occurs in the excretion of CO2. The body is using all available methods to remove the ketone bodies. Acetone also has a distinctive smell somewhere between sweet and fetid indicating damage to the spleen and liver organs.

Constipation occurs as a result of excessive fluid loss to try and flush out the ketone bodies. This is also common on high protein diets. The reason protein is restricted or counted in a keto diet is because many amino acids are actually glucogenic meaning they can be turned into glucose via gluconeogenesis and then broken down via the same pathway as glucose would which is the body's quickest and simplest form of gaining energy.

Whilst glucose can be turned into fat, fat is not turned back into glucose. Instead it donates Acetyl CoA molecules to the krebs cycle to generate ATP for energy.

The body is built to use glucose as an energy source. It is not something that is a 'habit' but present as a main stay metabolic chain. Ketosis is a backup for survival but in putting the body into this survival mode you put the kidneys under great pressure and over time they will suffer.

People who are young may not notice this damage for many years as the kidneys can fall to below 1/3 normal function before serious symptoms appear, hence they think they are 'fine'.

Urinating excessively is an indicator that they are not fine and constipation indicates both a lack of adequate hydration and fibre intake.

Well then, keto diet is out of the question. :p

The question still remains though... should she continue meditating? Should she heal herself through meditation, or will this mess with her, since she'll be raising her energies?
Should she take LACOSAMIDE and whatever other pills doctors prescribe to her? Or are there alternatives?

Yes she can continue meditation.

Meditation rectifies and helps neurological issues, when done properly.

Raising energy too quickly may be a problem so moderation is definitely in order but not abstinence.

Can I ask what the symptoms of the epilepsy are?

Are there any other things going on?

Sorry for the late reply.
There's nothing other than the difficulty sleeping (waking up at nights) and the intense emotions, especially rage. (the doctor told her the rage is a symptom of her epilepsy; she didn't know that)

It's been a week since she started taking the pill Vimpat (that has Lacosamide) and so far it has helped her a lot in thinking (she was thinking all the time chaotically - now she still thinks all the time, but in order) and it also has helped calm down her rage. She does become angry when something causes her to become angry, but she doesn't respond on impulse like she did before.

Does she experience dizziness, night sweating, heart palpitations, fatigue, hair shedding (even minor), any pain, unusual thermal sensations (feeling hot or cold innapropriately), headaches or anything else not already mentioned?

Any constipation or diarrhea (long term)?

Is there any sense of altered sensation? (pins and needles or numbness)

She experiences most of the above but she says it's because of other health issues she has, such as sinusitis.
She has headaches because of the above and the lack of sleep.
She experiences dizziness if she's really stressed.
She has heart palpitations because of the lack of sleep. She also has fatigue because of that.
She says the doctor also said that.

She has pains because she has intestinal colic.

The hair shedding is normal like every person's.

She does not have constipation or diarrhea, nor pins and needles sensation.
She does not have night sweating either.

Her hands or legs may sometimes feel cold.

(she was also a bit angry because of how general your questions were -of course she didn't tell me to write that down)
My realization is that she has a really "western medical" way of thinking and I don't think she understands Chinese medicine or the eastern way of medicine. She kind of pissed me off lol, but if there are other questions you have for her, I'll ask her. If you have anything to suggest her to take (herbs or anything) I'll tell her, and I'm sure she'll take it (she won't say no to a cure that doesn't harm her).

Many people don't understand that these questions are an attempt to guage to the current state of the organs - information about which the body readily shares with us if one knows where to look.

Does your friend have a history of mental health issues or childhood learning difficulties? I probably wouldn't ask her this directly but just infer from what you know of her... Also does she tend to laugh frequently, even outside the normal response? Is there a propensity to getting angry or frustrated easily?

Is your friend heavy set or carrying extra weight? Does she get any puffyness or swelling on the face or limbs?

How does the intestinal colic present ie is the pain achy, bloating, sharp and stabbing, tight and severe or something else? How long does it last and is it after food or before food?

Again, answer what you can of the above from what you observe rather than asking, the pain question is the only one you need to ask her directly.

I know what you mean tapa.. For an exam Im supposed to be a compassionate peraon whom touches people and makes em feel comfortable..
In that position I am a therapist. I am not your friend lover or partner or psychiatrist. Yet that is expected somehow.

Also I think that certain questions should not be asked in the open due to privacy. Choose what you want to tell yourself.

She doesn't have a history of mental health issues.
She also doesn't laugh frequently, or outside the normal response.

She does have the propensity to getting angry and frustrated easily.

She doesn't carry extra weight; she's normal.She does get puffiness on the face and hands before her period.

The intestinal colic pain is bloating, sharp and stabbing. This occurs always around 4 days before her period and sometimes during the ovulation. It rarely occurs to her if she hasn't eaten for many hours.

Thanks...

On your friend's period..

How long is her cycle?

Are there any other surrounding symptoms at or during the period?

How long does she bleed for and what colour is the flow?

Are there any clots in the flow and is it heavy continuously or does it lighten?

Is there any bleeding between periods?

If she is more comfortable with it.. You can send me the responses to the above questions privately..

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back