I'm sorry to be a negative element here, do not connect as a growing Zevism that is involved in the occult arts with anyone with mental problems like this on this level.
Do not do this, do not connect to people that have this, to heal them, they will drag you into the same holes of perception with them especially as it is a loved one.you have to do the opposite and let them be and detach.
Only specific people, at specific levels can heal disorder of the mind of the kind and this takes several years and results in one accepting the illness, not reversing anything. Some people live differently and perceive everything different than how you experience life.
Leave them be. Certainly you can do good, but the risk however as a person involved in heavy magical apparatus and tendencies of spirituality, will be that you will be risking the same upon your soul.
For now.
While I typically agree with most of what you post, I respectfully disagree with your point here.
The reality is in life we will come across many people we will want to help and assist. It's karmic and natural to do so as a human being. Yes, we should detach when things are too far gone, but we don't know the whole situation here and if this is a loved one and they truly want to attempt to heal them of this deep mental illness who are we to just say no, don't do it?
Zevism is about growing our powers. Wisdom and understanding. Part of this embracing the beautiful opportunity to choose to heal those who we are care deeply for.
While I understand your concerns and points you are presenting to the OP, I feel you are being a bit too pressing in this.
If we just avoid healing those who are very ill, and we just walk away and detach. Who would help them?
The Gods likely see things a bit differently. Yes there are limits, but we must emulate and try to look at in the best way possible.
Please understand I'm not arguing or debating you, just sharing my perspective on this, based on how much healing magic I've done for others over the years.
I've learned some hard lessons from this, but also some important things which I try to impart here in my reply.
I'm not holding anyone hostage here, just a friendly warning and sense that comes from understanding more of how this behaves and can reflect.
Certainly, when someone has drowned in the deep ocean, as is a loved one, by all means I sacrifice myself and try to save them, fully. I'm going into the deep end too. Does this mean I can? Does this mean I should? Not really.
The healing of the mind is different from the healing of the body, while connected there are separate things here. The factors that are of importance here is that this is of a different type of illness that is not understood and can backfire extremely. There are numerous cases where illnesses of the mind, only by presence have set of insanity in family members and so on just by mere presence, or in strangers by staying for a few hours with said person.
The dealings here are of another nature and are exactly in need to not be based on emotion but strict detachment. Any healing of this kind, such as "healing" a schizophrenic must be done by the position of complete detachment. Which in our case is the opposite.
I am fully supportive of being loving, even sacrificial and nurturing, not at the expense of high risks on Zevism for things that are formless and misunderstood, experimental things.
Another added layer is that spirituality that hasn't achieved a very high and elitistic gravity and base, and undergoing things of healing, knowingly addressing things such as "psychic" and so on will have the door opened and connection upon the person, to lift, push, transform, operate, change upon that said dimension. Backlashes will be of the same kind here, not to mention what strange attacks might ensure.
Not to be a very negative element here, but when there is lack of emotional control upon this, and this is inherently a drive of suffering and in needing of resolve, this further shows that this might not be the way, but a more profound understanding of how life goes.
Any backlash of the psychic level of trying to reverse schizoprenia is of a level that you cannot deal with, therefore.
You can certainly ease the life, help said person, ease some things for said person. You can not reverse or heal this. You would need to become a spiritual doctor to such asses some attunment, and hope that the person does not further devolve into this.
As you can not heal death, please don't misunderstand me as a bad man when I tell you cannt heal a broken door right now and in this moment, without maybe destroying your own keys.