Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Can i become a boxer at this age?

Satan rewarded me with a talent for boxing, but im 29 years old, and think im too old for boxing. Any advice what i should do?

Start regular training and see how far it will lead you. Start networking with people. Look for events and enter events. It is unlikely to become a pro at that point, but semi-pro or amateur boxing career are more likely. Whatever you can reach is up to you and your progress of spiritual development in conjunction with what you are trying to achieve.

JoS Cyber Security said:
Satan rewarded me with a talent for boxing, but im 29 years old, and think im too old for boxing. Any advice what i should do?
Start in the amateurs, sure you could become a boxer at this age. Boxers don’t retire until late 30’s a lot of the time. You’d be up against faster and maybe more talented young boxers though, so you’d have to play it smart. If you haven’t had a whole lot of head injuries/sparring you’d be in ok shape. The world is waiting for more people to come along that can box in their 40’s, they have UFC fighters that are great at that age and some boxers have been, but they are in the distant past.

JoS Cyber Security said:

Boxing can be dangerous especially professional one. You will regularly get hit in your head during boxing matches so I'd not recommend you to go this way as you will need your head in a healthy state in order to practice spirituality

Nero said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

Boxing can be dangerous especially professional one. You will regularly get hit in your head during boxing matches so I'd not recommend you to go this way as you will need your head in a healthy state in order to practice spirituality

I decided not to train boxing i have other goals now. I also heard because of punches in the head a boxer can get a brain depression, so it is better to do something else than this.

Nero said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

I agree with this. Leaving the actual fighting to NPCs is the safest route.

Your talent can be used in other ways. For example, you could open a boxing school and/or create coaching programmes for boxers. Obviously, to do that you need to develop teaching skills, sales skills and marketing skills. All of them can be learnt by anyone anytime, even if they have little potential for it. Us SS are destined for great things, not for early death and life-long toiling.

Stormblood said:
Nero said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

Your talent can be used in other ways. For example, you could open a boxing school and/or create coaching programmes for boxers. Obviously, to do that you need to develop teaching skills, sales skills and marketing skills. All of them can be learnt by anyone anytime, even if they have little potential for it. Us SS are destined for great things, not for early death and life-long toiling.

I second this. If you find out your talent a little later then there's always things someone can do regardless. If you're a SS then you should be happy to be giving back to humanity by helping them learn how to defend themselves and staying healthy.

Stormblood said:
Nero said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

Would you want to pay to be trained by a coach who never played the sport he's supposed to be an expert on?

Google Nick Bollettieri. He was perhaps the best tennis coach ever and had never played a single professional game in his life. Yet the best athletes in the world lined up to train under him.

JoS Cyber Security said:
Bro, you should get a real account and put this "jos cyber security" to bed. You seem indecisive, you should come up with a regular name to post under, especially if you aren't actually responsible for this sort of thing. And even if you were, this account should be kept strictly to cybersec related business.

JoS Cyber Security said:
Nero said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

I decided not to train boxing i have other goals now. I also heard because of punches in the head a boxer can get a brain depression, so it is better to do something else than this.
You would have to be committed to this as a career if you wanted to succeed. Injuries are only part of the risk of being a competing athlete. Most pro athletes are on PEDs, are genetically gifted and many have trained since they were kids, you'd be at a sizable disadvantage if you didn't follow suit. But you could certainly compete as a semi-pro.

Powerofjustice said:

Google Nick Bollettieri. He was perhaps the best tennis coach ever and had never played a single professional game in his life. Yet the best athletes in the world lined up to train under him.

Good point. There's pro mainstream American sports that have coaches who were said to be some of the best or at least high caliber at coaching. Not to mention not all coaches who played the sports they are coaching were any good. It's mostly about understanding what you're doing and being able to reach it well.

existentialcrisis said:
Stormblood said:
Nero said:

Would you want to pay to be trained by a coach who never played the sport he's supposed to be an expert on?

He doesn't need to have played. He just needs to understand it better than anyone else. This is nothing like surgery. This is is one way to leverage high potential without permanently damaging your brain.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back