Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

[SEEKING HELP] Procrastination due to self-convincing

FancyMancy

Hi, all.

I have been meaning and meaning and meaning to start on certain workings/meditations for certain things. The problem I have created for myself is that I convinced myself that I absolutely must start a working on the correct relevant day of the week which corresponds to the goal. e.g. Starting a money working on a Sunday, seeing as Sunday is of the Sun which is Gold which is Money. I know it is not absolutely essential, but that has caused me to procrastinate badly, because sometimes I forgot or was too tired or was doing other things, and the procrastination went on and on and on for way too long. A result of that happening, not only once but repeatedly, is that I felt upset with myself (for fuck sake!). If I had have started the workings already, but on a non-essential day, then I probably would have succeeded by now, even if it may have taken longer or needed more work...

So I know it is not a definite must to begin on any particular day (and it is important to not start during Moon's Void of Course, and it is preferable to begin on certain Astrological dates, but if I am not mistaken, then I don't think that is absolutely essential either, although it is highly preferable), but I think I need a bit of encouragement and thoughts from others with more clear minds on these things, i.e. a fresh perspective. What say you?

Please and thanks.

I had to yell at myself a few... dozen times, even for basic advancement, so I'm going to tell you what I did myself.
1*I3MEA2YyEhw5bWF0st2BmA.jpeg

Why not today?

The way it would appear to work is in cycles. Everyone has a different rhythm day to day when it comes to how they feel whether driven, impatient, focused or lazy etc. which can all be variable to the individual. Having set days for rituals would work if it was part of some group type of ordeal and there were many other factors to influence you, but other than that on our own all we can do is motivate ourselves to do it on the correct days and have good memory to pull through with your personal goals.

Being obsessive about timing is counterintuitive because it also throws you off your cycle. The best thing to do like with meditation as a whole is to reflect and analyse on yourself and the patterns of your days. Watching what signs the Moon is in as you move through a week, month and onwards would be helpful in gauging that as even people with control over their minds are mostly still obligated to the emotional pull of the Moon. People who lack control (like the public) are a perfect example of that.

I think like with anything it comes to balance. Timing is important but obsessing is like a moron living and obsessing for their death or something. Obsessing about how one day they're gonna have a perfect day or some crap. Then there's people who act but don't consider anything of the outer truths at all and never get anywhere because they hit the wrong mark and are unaware- like a person who decides to get into herbs and flowers during the winter of all times, then loses enthusiasm- never tries it again lol. There's clearly unhealthy extremes. One has to be aware of the true line of how things are, in the case of energies they're no different of an influence than the buses not running on a certain day when you'd want a bus into a city. You can't just expect things to happen by waiting at the bus stop then can you.

More awareness, more memory and more wilful drive to not be a lazy cunthole like every other individual. That's my overall prognosis, lol. You aren't alone in this either.

Additionally you should do affirmations sort of, the night before and morning prior to your "planned" working. Or plan the working like you would imagine someone else with that nature, would do. There's a reason other people of such a nature inherently do routines such as they do when they want to achieve a goal, the earthier type of people. You should emulate that as best you can with your own goals. The more diligent and dutiful the better.

So basically you obsess over things, am I right? Honestly I always thought you where like this, I don't know why but this is how I felt, that you are very airy or pluto. Anyway what you can do is a working to get rid of this obsession, does it happen for other things too? Do you randomly get obsessesed? (OCD would be the medical name I think).

If you think Ocd may be what you have then do a working to free yourself from it or do a working to get rid of 'obsession over things' or use whatever words may be better for you. I hope you will get rid of this, good luck!

I dunno man, maybe don't beat yourself for it. I had this idea pop up in my mind that I could do a money working, could really use the money, got all sorts of ideas how I could get it and spend it.... So that happened a few hours ago at work, and now when I'm at home checking out times and dates, lo and behold, tomorrow 28. moon is in Leo and in very strong phase to begin a journey with Fehu 108x for 40 days. Okay so this happened quite spontaneously I would say...

On the other hand late last year, early this year, even earlier than now, lol. I had this idea of needing to do a Mercury square, but work got on the way of good timings, some doubts about pronouncing mantra 100%, and so on and so on. So I did not begin it, but I don't even regret it, not much anyway. There is so much to choose for personal growth that I wouldn't put too much emphasis on certain things unless it's absolutely, absolutely pertinent to your growth that you begin it right then and there. And this missed early opportunity of this Mercury working can be played around with MANNAZ rune with good Moon timing, so wtf who cares. So many options it seems...

I guess the point is as long as you keep advancing one way or another it's all good.

Take it as you will. I'm going back to planning. :D

luis said:
So basically you obsess over things, am I right? Honestly I always thought you where like this, I don't know why but this is how I felt, that you are very airy or pluto. Anyway what you can do is a working to get rid of this obsession, does it happen for other things too? Do you randomly get obsessesed? (OCD would be the medical name I think).

If you think Ocd may be what you have then do a working to free yourself from it or do a working to get rid of 'obsession over things' or use whatever words may be better for you. I hope you will get rid of this, good luck!
I have to add about the procastination part. Try your best to have a routine, if needed do some affirmations. I really don't know what else to say, I had the same problem for a long time, I do things at the last minute because I procastinate the whole day. Now its way better than before, you need to will yourself to do it, there is no other way.

In case you miss it, refer to my post here as well Fancy: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51141

It was after reading your post here I felt convinced I should post this. You aren't the only one struggling with things like this. The advice I was given and I explained applies to issues like this as well.

FancyMancy said:

Increase raw willpower with sowilo and void meditation to decrease your per-task procrastination.

Use time management strategies such as time-scheduling, task lists, reminders, etc to prioritize where exactly you should be working each day.

From what you describe, it sounds like a little bit of both "analysis paralysis", but also normal procrastination preventing you from starting. You should address both.

I believe that the words of HP Hooded Cobra would be best here.

How To Achieve Your Satanic Goals - New Year Gift

Also I recommend downloading the following book. It describes the cognitive process behind habit building and how to use it to your advantage. Here is a post by a member recommending it.

Braun666 said:
Jack said:
How do you break away from bad habits ?

Definitely easier said than done. I would say type copy-paste your question in a google search and read the results. Jokes aside there are many facets to answering this question hopefully the below can help as earlier this year I asked myself this question and my search proved quite fruitful.

A book that has had raving reviews this year and has proven results for many online is a book called "Atomic Habits" by James Clear ... This really can be life changing for the year to anyone reading! Honestly have a read of even just the summary as common sense rules true in this method. Thanks for the question as this re-sparked my earlier discovery of this book and it's definitely time I implement this with the goals I set.

Some Amazon reviews of the book https://tinyurl.com/r4g6sdg

Here's a link to download the book
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=729A66F87A5A6CEB910E60038FCA86F8

Here's a summary of the book if you want a spoon feeding of this great habit breaking method:
https://www.samuelthomasdavies.com/book-summaries/self-help/atomic-habits/

I would also like to add that the "cheat sheet" is extremely useful. You can find it here.

Atomic Habits Cheat Sheet

Hi Mate , yeah just seen this. I sometimes have OCD, got to do everything routine etc even the slightest thought of me not doing something doesnt enter my head. Maybe its because i had to stand up and be counted (no one else to help).

We have the Gods on our side, the plan you have set out is a good one.

Once you stick to it just tell yourself I need to do this for me no one else. You seem to me very clever, put that intelligence into the plan i dont doubt you will succeed who cares if it takes a couple of shots once you get you"re rhythm and flow back it will be natural for you.

Good luck on this.

Easy for you my friend.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back