Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Anxiety when cleaning Aura

Virbra

Trying to do the basic aura cleaning, I get hung up sometimes trying to figure how to visualize myself first off. They say visualize a bright light all over. It's a weird issue but sometimes I have no problem and I Invision it covering myself like a giant ball of light.. But other times I can't see myself, it's hard to explain but it's like I can't visualize myself but I get a weird feeling that.. I'm far away, like when we dream and observe ourselves doing things..and then I keep trying to visualize the light but I start feeling numb and tingling and start having a panic attack and have to immediately break out of it. I'm almost certain it's from past emotional trauma I've been through. I tried void meditation but I still felt bad . I'm not thinking of anything when it happens.. I'm not seeing bad stuff or hearing bad things. It's just anxiety and I don't know why... People say you see your Aura as grey and dirty when you're depressed, etc, I can't see mine at all yet.. Thing is I remember being able to when I was younger.. I knew my color although it was faint and harder to see because I was new to visualizing it..and I didn't have this problem like I do now.

Virbra said:
Sitting in front of a light while you visualize will help. The brightness of the light makes it easier.

As far as having trouble seeing yourself, it doesn’t really need to be that clear, what needs to happen is your mind understanding that it’s YOU inside this bright light your visualizing as your aura. The energy will go where your mind directs it.

You can visualize like a birds eye view. Like you looking down upon yourself sitting there meditating. And then visualize the bright light over yourself, understanding full well that that bright light you see is indeed over you. Even if you can’t see yourself well, it still works, trust me. Just believe it. Over time it will get easier.

Also, use affirmations. If you feel there’s blocks hampering your progress, approach those problems directly. As you’re cleaning, affirm anything affecting your visualization is permanently destroyed. Consistency, as with anything, will make it easier. It could be your soul is quite dirty and needs cleaning for it be easier. So keep at it.

It seems to me the problem you have here is worrying about whether or not your doing the visualisation properly (not 100% important) +
Going too fast, not relaxing and taking time to feel yourself, your own physical body and feeling stable in yourself.

With *basic* aura cleaning initially, you don't have to go all in with balls of light or anything, visualisation is not key- when you are more aware of how to balance yourself out as you advance you can do this to do deeper cleaning better, but visualisation can tire you out if you are not used to it and can really explode your nerves out if you aren't used to the sensations.
For basic aura cleaning, the focus is on feeling the energy, not seeing it. You can try and see it a little bit, but this should be at about 20% to feeling it at 80%.

The second thing, about relaxing. There will issues in meditating with nervousness especially if you are more of an air dominant person astrologically or have strong Mercurial or Uranus stuff going on in your natal chart. This may be separate as you did mention you felt there could be something to do with past trauma.
Anyway, my point is that you need to look into and understand grounding, Earth element, sensuality and the physical. It is through our bodies that we "feel" our souls, not our mind.
Our mind programs and gives better character to the spiritual work we are trying to do on our BODY, but for BASIC cleaning our mind should be exerting less energy- this is analogous to waking up in the morning and brushing your teeth.

When however, you feel enough to bust out the dumbbells, the protein shakes and do the surgery of the soul, the great cleaning and empowering, Then the MIND becomes important and will not be over exerted as you definitely planned and built up to that level beforehand.

If you treat absolute all out exercise
(deep cleaning with emphasis on visualisation)
As brushing your teeth
(basic breathing and affirmations for 5 minutes)

You can see there would be problems with over exertion in some way right ?

Don't burn yourself out,
and don't worry about seeing your aura it doesn't really matter- many great people whom some you probably idolise/ed never saw their aura, didn't matter. Unless you are at a point of seriousness and power in your spirituality, why worry ? Control your mind and stop worrying.

Thank you both for your replies.
That's exactly what I needed to hear.. Sometimes I take things too hard on myself.. It's a issue I've always had.. I go all out, I think I know how to do a thing or it sounds easy, then I try and it's harder than I thought and I get caught up on the little things that I'm not doing perfectly and get frustrated when I don't get the results I need.. Then I feel like I'm a failure at it, I'm not sure why I'm that way. But I bet it's contributing to the anxiety I get. I. Just got to remind myself to take it easy. Thank you for helping me bring that to my attention. Im going to go give it another try. Hail Satan! :)

Virbra said:
Sometimes I take things too hard on myself.. It's a issue I've always had.. I go all out, I think I know how to do a thing or it sounds easy, then I try and it's harder than I thought and I get caught up on the little things that I'm not doing perfectly and get frustrated when I don't get the results I need.. Then I feel like I'm a failure at it, I'm not sure why I'm that way.
Well, your username hints at that need for perfection. Virgo, but as someone with that influence in my chart as well, it’s not a bad thing.

There’s strengths and weakness in every person. One thing I’ve leaned as a person is the biggest thing that makes a difference is HOW we express our weakness, rather then what the weakness is in of itself. This separates successful and unsuccessful people. It’s mindset. And a huge part is understanding ourselves first.

So, I know I’m a perfectionist, but that’s fine. So as I’m working and doing things in life I’m aware of it and I know when to use it and when to let up on the gas pedal and hit the brakes a bit. When it serves me and when it’s creating unrealistic expectations, so I can reevaluate and form a new approach to get me where I need to get. Patience as well is the best remedy for the pain of perfectionism, but embracing our nature and using our gifts is the best way to maximize our potential.

Embrace your perfectionist personality, but apply patience and understanding as well and you’ll move far in life.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back