Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Favorite scenes from "the Odyssey"

sesame

This is a great film adaptation of the epic poem by Homer. There are a lot of memorable scenes and "teaching" moments, I listed some of my favorites below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_l12WM_KM

7pKxsho.png

10:49
Odysseus: "I see you're no longer with me Athena, and it's alright. I can do everything myself."
Athena: "Hmph! Is that any way to speak to your protector?"
Odysseus: "Athena, you could have only persuaded Agamemnon - on the day of my son's birth no less."
Athena: "I'm a Goddess after all, I have other duties. And don't forget, I can be seen by whom I choose. I did not want you to escape this journey, because I want you to go - I want you, my brave Odysseus, to defeat the Trojans."
Odysseus: "I've fought long enough."
Athena: "No...your destiny is to do battle. To become immortal, to have your name on the lips of endless generations."

dtcthuj.png

2:01:12
Athena: laughing "Your head is as hard as your fathers."
Telemachus: "Athena...you? A mentor?"
Athena: "When I wish to be, yes. You spoke very well at your assembly. You kept your wits, and used them wisely to get the ship."
Telemachus: "But you did not help me?"
Athena: "You are your father's son. Remember, the Gods will not do for man what man must do for himself."

kZVYiU0.png

2:19:51
Odysseus: "I have nothing left! I have nothing. All that is left is my life!"
Poseidon: "My goal is not to kill you. You must understand."
Odysseus: "What, what!? What do you want from me?! What do you want me to understand? Speak to me!"
Poseidon: "That without Gods, man is nothing."

B7wMr6t.png

2:52:16
Eurymachus: "Wait! What is our crime? We treated your wife as a queen. We lived off your land, but that can be replaced. We did not kill anyone." (they were planning to kill Telemachus later)
Odysseus: "Your crime is that you tried to steal my world, the world I built with my hands and my sweat and my blood.* The world I shared with a woman who bore me my son, and no one will ever take that from me. Now you will die to a man, in a river of blood."

*What does that sound like?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back