Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Severing Family Ties

We are the future gods of our people. Start acting
Long story short, xians, trauma, negativity, ptsd, anger and depression. That was the past. They're not horrible nor have they ever directly caused me such issues on purpose, so I don't want to harm them or have them killed with magic.

I don't feel comfortable with relatives and want to be separate from them and just become my own individual. I feel no deep-seated attachment that would warrant any regret for cutting them out of my life and have been trying to completely do it for quite a while now, yet they still expect me to call them or visit them. I've managed to limit regular communication to only one individual but I honestly want nothing to do with any of them anymore, and I don't want them to be upset about it.

What can I do to sever all ties to them emotionally and spiritually in a way that they will no longer be interested in keeping in touch with me and won't miss me or want anything to do with me. Basically I just want to live my life without seeing or hearing from them again and not have them get upset about it in any way or come to any harm.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Long story short, xians, trauma, negativity, ptsd, anger and depression. That was the past. They're not horrible nor have they ever directly caused me such issues on purpose, so I don't want to harm them or have them killed with magic.

I don't feel comfortable with relatives and want to be separate from them and just become my own individual. I feel no deep-seated attachment that would warrant any regret for cutting them out of my life and have been trying to completely do it for quite a while now, yet they still expect me to call them or visit them. I've managed to limit regular communication to only one individual but I honestly want nothing to do with any of them anymore, and I don't want them to be upset about it.

What can I do to sever all ties to them emotionally and spiritually in a way that they will no longer be interested in keeping in touch with me and won't miss me or want anything to do with me. Basically I just want to live my life without seeing or hearing from them again and not have them get upset about it in any way or come to any harm.

ANSUZ should help you. Great rune for removing negative connections.

Cut all their links to you on the soul level. tell them to leave you alone because you wanna make your own life then ignore their calls (block numbers if needed), they'll likely get bored of getting no answers and move on especially since you cut their soul links and actively avoid thinking of them in any endearing way. If one keeps inventing new ways to harass you regardless you could bind him/her.

You may still have some legal obligations towards them. For instance is if parents become incapable of taking care of themselves their children can be forced on a legal basis to assist them (depending on your local laws and legal precedents).

Sinistra said:
ANSUZ should help you. Great rune for removing negative connections.

Cut all their links to you on the soul level. tell them to leave you alone because you wanna make your own life then ignore their calls (block numbers if needed), they'll likely get bored of getting no answers and move on especially since you cut their soul links and actively avoid thinking of them in any endearing way. If one keeps inventing new ways to harass you regardless you could bind him/her.

You may still have some legal obligations towards them. For instance is if parents become incapable of taking care of themselves their children can be forced on a legal basis to assist them (depending on your local laws and legal precedents).

They are not terrible people, they care for me greatly. I cannot simply tell them to leave me alone or that I want nothing to do with them, it will upset them dearly and that's not the kind of note I want to leave on. I already try to tell them I'm too busy but they still want me to check in on them once in a while especially around holidays which I do not want to do at all.

The big issue is they still live in the same city as I do. I plan to move to another city but in the mean time I'm doing college and work here, so it's going to be about 3 years or so before I can do that. Perhaps if they all moved out to some other city themselves...

It's important to note that I don't hate them, but I'm not attached to them either. I just don't want to be part of or involved with them at all as they feel like a ball and chain.

Ghost in the Machine said:
They are not terrible people, they care for me greatly. I cannot simply tell them to leave me alone or that I want nothing to do with them, it will upset them dearly and that's not the kind of note I want to leave on. I already try to tell them I'm too busy but they still want me to check in on them once in a while especially around holidays which I do not want to do at all.
It's because you are not assertive. If you want them to leave you alone permanently then act like you are busy they will just check on you (what's up ? what have you been doing ?). Because they don't know why you are busy (they don't know about all your SS obligations). So you seem shady. You need to tell them to leave you alone. Explain nicely without accusing them of anything and it's fine. I wanna build my own life blabla without family pressure it's not personal etc. They are likely getting offended all the time from you acting "shady" according to them and not contacting them. It's like slow boiling them instead of just telling them so they get over it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back