Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

void meditation advice needed

Drew Bolden

I am having an excruciating time with void meditation.
I know i can achieve void meditation either one by focusing on nothing or concentrating on one thing.
Problem is neither work.
When i focus on music or a constant sound, i daydream.
When i focus on a spot or something, i daydream.
When i try to clear my head, i daydream.

I have literally found out (by attempting void) that most of my waking hours i am daydreaming.  There are always images of my fantasies or thoughts that are there.

If I manage to quite my thoughts down it is replaced with images
If i try to just think of darkness then thoughts (words) appear.
Unfortunately for me i think with words and images (together or separately)

I can also focus on many things at once and daydream (ie: driving, cleaning, homework)
I can count 1-10 (like in Robert Bruce's suggestions) and focus on my breathing (simple breathing awareness)but still manage to daydream.
(I just had a daydream in the shower about greys, psychically attacking a jew on a plane, and surviving a plane crash that was set to blow in mid flight by CIA)  I know weird.

Filling my head to full capacity with a blue ball (like the apple trick someone wrote about) and certain mudras do help a little.

If anyone has some really neat or helpful advice that would be great.

Drew
Hail Satan!

Actually, you should do none of the below, you should just focus on your present and now and observe it. You don't have to be focused on one thing, you can observe your body and listen to outside sounds. Just try to observe everything that happens, but don't think about it, just observe. It will get your mind busy and if it's drifting you'll know that as you'll stop observing a little. Get your mind back to observing if this happens. If you can't stop daydreaming, just observe your daydreams from a detached perspective and don't worry about them.

Your meditation position is important too, try to sit in a comfortable chair and not lie down. Zen buddhists also meditate with their eyes *almost* closed (not fully open, but not closed either) and looking at the ground so that they don't daydream, you can use this trick too.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew Bolden <ditto6891@... wrote:

I know i can achieve void meditation either one by focusing on nothing or
concentrating on one thing.
Problem is neither work.

I have literally found out (by attempting void) that most of my waking hours i
am daydreaming. There are always images of my fantasies or thoughts that are
there.

I can also focus on many things at once and daydream (ie: driving, cleaning,
homework)
I can count 1-10 (like in Robert Bruce's suggestions) and focus on my breathing
(simple breathing awareness)but still manage to daydream.
(I just had a daydream in the shower about greys, psychically attacking a jew on
a plane, and surviving a plane crash that was set to blow in mid flight by CIA)
I know weird.

Filling my head to full capacity with a blue ball (like the apple trick someone
wrote about) and certain mudras do help a little.

Drew
Hail Satan!

my trick is i try to concentrate on the acks of my eye lids
Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "John" <kikesmasher71@... wrote:

Actually, you should do none of the below, you should just focus on your present and now and observe it. You don't have to be focused on one thing, you can observe your body and listen to outside sounds. Just try to observe everything that happens, but don't think about it, just observe. It will get your mind busy and if it's drifting you'll know that as you'll stop observing a little. Get your mind back to observing if this happens. If you can't stop daydreaming, just observe your daydreams from a detached perspective and don't worry about them.

Your meditation position is important too, try to sit in a comfortable chair and not lie down. Zen buddhists also meditate with their eyes *almost* closed (not fully open, but not closed either) and looking at the ground so that they don't daydream, you can use this trick too.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew Bolden <ditto6891@ wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
(I just had a daydream in the shower about greys, psychically attacking a jew on
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

Drew,
Putting my attention on outside noises works for me.I have a problem with stopping my mind chatter also.But this works for me.Like John said there are many techniques out there,but its finding what works for you.What I tried before that was visualizing a spiritual symbol,such as a inverted pantagram,or some other one that you are familiar with.Its like using you day dreams to your advantage.Good Luck!
Hail Satan!
Brian.   

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 2:50:53 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: void meditation advice needed

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew Bolden <ditto6891@... wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

I understand that but focusing on present is very abstract to me.  Second I do try to focus on sensations in my body but that always leads to a daydream.  I often times daydream with my eyes open, about 75% of time, so zen Buddhism wouldn't work.  I went to a temple when i was in Japan and went through a short meditation session.  It was zazen though.  I've also tried focusing on the back my eyelids but that strains my eyes b/c they want to open when I do that and the darkness instigates images.  I'm not new to meditation so I've heard about "just observing" but to I can't tell the difference between observing and creating the thoughts or daydreams.  It's weird.  I feel that by observing I'm also contributing to it's creation somehow and it's continuation.  Appreciate all the advise.

DrewHail Satan!
On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:50, "John" <kikesmasher71@... wrote:

--- [/IMG][email protected][/email][/url], Drew Bolden <ditto6891@... wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

Here's some advice for you, just do any exercise and if you start daydreaming, acknowledge it, stop it, and go back to the exercise you were doing. You shouldn't worry about it and stop the meditation instantly, no, just continue what you were doing. Repeat as many times as needed. Like you said when observing, something from the observation might create a daydream. Again, acknowledge that your mind is drifting, stop it and go back to observation.

Focusing on your present isn't abstract at all, it just means focusing on the physical world and seeing what's happening now. No daydreams, no worries about the future or the past and no desires. Just having your 2 feet on earth, in the figurative sense.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew <ditto6891@... wrote:

I understand that but focusing on present is very abstract to me. Second I do try to focus on sensations in my body but that always leads to a daydream. I often times daydream with my eyes open, about 75% of time, so zen Buddhism wouldn't work. I went to a temple when i was in Japan and went through a short meditation session. It was zazen though. I've also tried focusing on the back my eyelids but that strains my eyes b/c they want to open when I do that and the darkness instigates images. I'm not new to meditation so I've heard about "just observing" but to I can't tell the difference between observing and creating the thoughts or daydreams. It's weird. I feel that by observing I'm also contributing to it's creation somehow and it's continuation. Appreciate all the advise.

Drew
Hail Satan!

On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:50, "John" <kikesmasher71@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew Bolden <ditto6891@ wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

If you do what I said it will also strengthen your willpower, but be persistent with it. It will take sometime, but if you are aware when you're daydreaming and stop it say for 3 weeks (example time), your subconscious will also be trained to stop daydreaming.

A note, be aware when you're daydreaming and try to control it and focus on the present not only when meditating, but in your everyday life too. It'll make your mind training much faster.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "John" <kikesmasher71@... wrote:

Here's some advice for you, just do any exercise and if you start daydreaming, acknowledge it, stop it, and go back to the exercise you were doing. You shouldn't worry about it and stop the meditation instantly, no, just continue what you were doing. Repeat as many times as needed. Like you said when observing, something from the observation might create a daydream. Again, acknowledge that your mind is drifting, stop it and go back to observation.

Focusing on your present isn't abstract at all, it just means focusing on the physical world and seeing what's happening now. No daydreams, no worries about the future or the past and no desires. Just having your 2 feet on earth, in the figurative sense.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew <ditto6891@ wrote:

I understand that but focusing on present is very abstract to me. Second I do try to focus on sensations in my body but that always leads to a daydream. I often times daydream with my eyes open, about 75% of time, so zen Buddhism wouldn't work. I went to a temple when i was in Japan and went through a short meditation session. It was zazen though. I've also tried focusing on the back my eyelids but that strains my eyes b/c they want to open when I do that and the darkness instigates images. I'm not new to meditation so I've heard about "just observing" but to I can't tell the difference between observing and creating the thoughts or daydreams. It's weird. I feel that by observing I'm also contributing to it's creation somehow and it's continuation. Appreciate all the advise.

Drew
Hail Satan!

On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:50, "John" <kikesmasher71@ wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

Sounds good, i just got done experimenting with something that seems to be working.  I actually put my awareness to my brain (ie: it physical location).  For some reason its allowing me to be more aware of things that pop up.  So when images start popping up, i noticed it, stopped it by focusing more intensely on my physical brain.  It seems to have an instant quieting affect.
I'll definetly try your idea though; often when i do certain chakra meditations i end up drifting of into a daydream and never finish it or just get frustrated.  Thanks again.

Drew
Hail Satan!

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 12:59:26 PM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: void meditation advice needed

If you do what I said it will also strengthen your willpower, but be persistent with it. It will take sometime, but if you are aware when you're daydreaming and stop it say for 3 weeks (example time), your subconscious will also be trained to stop daydreaming.

A note, be aware when you're daydreaming and try to control it and focus on the present not only when meditating, but in your everyday life too. It'll make your mind training much faster.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Drew <ditto6891@ wrote:

Drew
Hail Satan!

On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:50, "John" <kikesmasher71@ wrote:

Problem is neither work.

there.

homework)
I know weird.

Drew
Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back