Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

The factory disasters in India

I went to the only big store in town to get some jumpers and stuff for winter, I havn't had time to make any myself. I walked out with nothing, why? Every item of clothing for sale in there (Kmart) made in China or Bangladesh. I picked up a top nevermind the shitty quality I had a nasty vibe come over me and had to wonder, is the person who made this still alive? Or burried in some rubble.

What have we come to? Seriously I will go with fewer clothes and make my own or buy second hand, or more expensive to avoid supporting this racket any further.
Gentiles are being conditioned to accept cheap nasty junk made by suffering people. The people making this stuff probably couldn't even afford to buy it.

Take a stand, don't buy this shit, complain to the stores, make a scene and demand better quality, made in your own country. Support local buisness and producers.

If we keep buying it they will keep producing crap.

Hail Satan

I won't be shopping or walking into Joe Fresh anymore (the factories that made clothing for these stores collasped in India.) 
Or Abercrombie and Fitch because the CEO is a douchebag and the comments he made that hit the Internet recently upset me and many others. I have also read that excess of clothing they made and cannot sell, they do not donate or sell cheaper to other poorer countries because "it would hurt their image." So they burn it all.
Some tips for those who shop in secondhand/vintage/charity shops: it's best to ask the salespeople in the shops when their stock comes in and when it's all on the floor, and then go then. Preferably not on weekends when it's packed, picked over or the place is a mess. Or if you have to, best to go first thing in the morning when they open so you don't have to deal with the crowds. People tend to trickle in after lunchtime. All at once, lol.
UNLESS the merchandise still has the original price tags on and looks unworn and has no stains, best not to buy undergarments, shoes, and swimwear secondhand. Baggy underwear that sags in the butt defeats the purpose, especially if the elastic band is sticking out or fraying. Bras that don't have stiff, firm underwire will not support the breasts. And secondhand swimwear isn't hygenic. (Unless it's only the top.) Shoes that are old don't have support or their padding and soles have worn down and will hurt your feet.
Some tips for keeping your clothes newer (if using washer and dryer):For ladies, wash your bras by hand with a gentle castile liquid soap and hang dry. Or if you prefer the washer, a washer-friendly mesh bag that zips up can hold your bras and fancier underpants. And put the washer on delicate spin. Don't forget the biodegradable, earth-friendly, not tested on animals washing detergent! ^.^ Even mainstream stores and supermarkets carry these greener options now. Unless you get bloodied often in your clothes, roll around in mud or are out in the field a lot, these should do the job for most people.I find that washing the clothes you wear most often (jeans, shirts, sweaters for me) I turn them inside out and wash them in cold water in the washer, then hang them to air dry. It makes them look newer longer, especially if they are not super high-quality.This may sound gross to some, but as long as I haven't been sweating profusely and the armpits of the shirts and sweaters don't reek I don't wash my shirts and hoodies after every time I wear them. I alternate between clothes in the cooler months so it may be a month or two (or more) before I wash the hoodies. I have about a dozen. And wear each one once or twice a week. Shirts I wash more often because they are closer to the skin.In warmer months I obviously throw them in the hamper after being outside all day. Lighter colours shirts, like in yellow, beige, white, show stains more easily over time. Sweat turns them yellow in some places. Or if you are prone to spilling food and drink on yourself, or are a messy eater and the food goes flying on yourself while chewing (it happens) lighter colours will show it more.
I tried to stay on the topic of taking care of the clothes you have, or are planning on acquring, so you don't go buying tons more. I think we live in a culture of materialism and over-consumption. Particularly here in North America.It's become the norm to buy a shirt that cost less then the price of admission to a movie. Or cheaper then eating out with friends. People are used to this, and because they buy more because it's cheap, it creates a demand and that demand has to be filled.It's like a national past-time to go shopping more then once a week to your favorite mall and shops and spend money on clothes you don't need. To fill a spiritual hole in your life. Or filling whatever hole you have in your life with shopping (depression, loneliness, insecurity, self-esteem issues, time with friends or family, etc.)People do it without being aware of it, but it shows in one's growing credit card debt and having clothes in one's closet with the tags still attached, months or a year or more later.
I have some books on fashion, written by ladies living in Paris or had stayed there, and the lifestyle is very different in thinking, shopping, etc. I have never gone to Europe nor do I know anyone there.But the point I want to bring out was this: many ladies have a minimalist wardrobe of less then 20 pieces (or around that number.) They mix and match, buy the highest quality they can afford and wear it until it gets old or falls apart. They think nothing of wearing the same dress or pants twice or more in a week at school, work, or when going out. They choose carefully and love and take care of the garments they have. Same with bras and intimates. They choose carefully and stick with classic, timeless pieces instead of super-trendy ones.This idea of living and thinking is brand-new and almost revolutionary to someone like myself, in Canada, where lots of people at work or school make the effort to wear different items of clothing throughout the week. And have bulging closets that spill over with clothing that are cheap or made in questionable factories in countries outside North America.
A lot of higher quality designer fashion houses, when you are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for their garments and bags, their workers in their factories are often in Europe or North America, and are being paid a fair, reasonable living wage and the factories are not in deplorable conditions like many factories in India, China, Bangladesh, etc. They have good standards and worker rights.If you are able to buy from these fashion houses, that's great, the jackets, bags, dresses, etc. if well taken care of will last one 5 years or more, and one can pass it on to younger members of the family in the future. Some good handbags will last a lifetime if taken care of.
It's not in my budget, personally, to buy from designer houses. But I thought I'd bring it up.
Thankfully there are more fair-trade and locally made undergarments and clothing, shoes made from recycled materials, and accessories that are free of animal-products like leather.I agree with supporting local business and producers.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:31:25 AM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] The factory disasters in India

I went to the only big store in town to get some jumpers and stuff for winter, I havn't had time to make any myself. I walked out with nothing, why? Every item of clothing for sale in there (Kmart) made in China or Bangladesh. I picked up a top nevermind the shitty quality I had a nasty vibe come over me and had to wonder, is the person who made this still alive? Or burried in some rubble.

What have we come to? Seriously I will go with fewer clothes and make my own or buy second hand, or more expensive to avoid supporting this racket any further.
Gentiles are being conditioned to accept cheap nasty junk made by suffering people. The people making this stuff probably couldn't even afford to buy it.

Take a stand, don't buy this shit, complain to the stores, make a scene and demand better quality, made in your own country. Support local buisness and producers.

Hail Satan

I started making clothes, I can crotchet scarves and jumpers it just takes a lot of time I havn't had much of. I just bought an overlocker sewing machine last month and havn't used it yet, I am used to sewing by hand and find the machine a bit confusing but once I figure it out it will mean I can make a dress or coat etc much quicker.
Buying new fabric even, check where it is made too a lot of what is avaliable here now is again from China and India and it's shit.

I like to look also in second hand stored for old coats, fabrics even very large items of clothing with fabric I like in it, then cut it up and make something new out of it.

I add a little diluted white vinegar to my wash if the clothes have been damp and got a bit smelly it gets rid of the smell with less detergent.

You can recyle old warn undies and shirts as cleaning rags, for washing the car, windows etc. My Nan used to use old underpants to polish the furnature.

if you have clothes with organic or cotton fabrics you can even compost them or use them for garden mulch. Cut up and stitch them into pet rugs etc
For those interested in making clothes you can find old sewing patterns printed on paper for under $10, then trace it onto thicker paper you can reuse over several times. Brands like quick sew, simplicity etc have some very easy patterns for begginers.

Hail Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Magus Immortalis <magus.immortalis@... wrote:

I won't be shopping or walking into Joe Fresh anymore (the factories that made clothing for these stores collasped in India.) 

Or Abercrombie and Fitch because the CEO is a douchebag and the comments he made that hit the Internet recently upset me and many others. I have also read that excess of clothing they made and cannot sell, they do not donate or sell cheaper to other poorer countries because "it would hurt their image." So they burn it all.

Some tips for those who shop in secondhand/vintage/charity shops:
 it's best to ask the salespeople in the shops when their stock comes in and when it's all on the floor, and then go then. Preferably not on weekends when it's packed, picked over or the place is a mess. Or if you have to, best to go first thing in the morning when they open so you don't have to deal with the crowds. People tend to trickle in after lunchtime. All at once, lol.

UNLESS the merchandise still has the original price tags on and looks unworn and has no stains, best not to buy undergarments, shoes, and swimwear secondhand. Baggy underwear that sags in the butt defeats the purpose, especially if the elastic band is sticking out or fraying. Bras that don't have stiff, firm underwire will not support the breasts. And secondhand swimwear isn't hygenic. (Unless it's only the top.) Shoes that are old don't have support or their padding and soles have worn down and will hurt your feet.

Some tips for keeping your clothes newer (if using washer and dryer):
For ladies, wash your bras by hand with a gentle castile liquid soap and hang dry. Or if you prefer the washer, a washer-friendly mesh bag that zips up can hold your bras and fancier underpants. And put the washer on delicate spin. Don't forget the biodegradable, earth-friendly, not tested on animals washing detergent! ^.^ Even mainstream stores and supermarkets carry these greener options now. 
Unless you get bloodied often in your clothes, roll around in mud or are out in the field a lot, these should do the job for most people.
I find that washing the clothes you wear most often (jeans, shirts, sweaters for me) I turn them inside out and wash them in cold water in the washer, then hang them to air dry. It makes them look newer longer, especially if they are not super high-quality.
This may sound gross to some, but as long as I haven't been sweating profusely and the armpits of the shirts and sweaters don't reek I don't wash my shirts and hoodies after every time I wear them. 
I alternate between clothes in the cooler months so it may be a month or two (or more) before I wash the hoodies. I have about a dozen. And wear each one once or twice a week. Shirts I wash more often because they are closer to the skin.
In warmer months I obviously throw them in the hamper after being outside all day. Lighter colours shirts, like in yellow, beige, white, show stains more easily over time. Sweat turns them yellow in some places. Or if you are prone to spilling food and drink on yourself, or are a messy eater and the food goes flying on yourself while chewing (it happens) lighter colours will show it more.

I tried to stay on the topic of taking care of the clothes you have, or are planning on acquring, so you don't go buying tons more. I think we live in a culture of materialism and over-consumption. Particularly here in North America.
It's become the norm to buy a shirt that cost less then the price of admission to a movie. Or cheaper then eating out with friends. People are used to this, and because they buy more because it's cheap, it creates a demand and that demand has to be filled.
It's like a national past-time to go shopping more then once a week to your favorite mall and shops and spend money on clothes you don't need. To fill a spiritual hole in your life. Or filling whatever hole you have in your life with shopping (depression, loneliness, insecurity, self-esteem issues, time with friends or family, etc.)
People do it without being aware of it, but it shows in one's growing credit card debt and having clothes in one's closet with the tags still attached, months or a year or more later.

I have some books on fashion, written by ladies living in Paris or had stayed there, and the lifestyle is very different in thinking, shopping, etc. I have never gone to Europe nor do I know anyone there.
But the point I want to bring out was this: many ladies have a minimalist wardrobe of less then 20 pieces (or around that number.) They mix and match, buy the highest quality they can afford and wear it until it gets old or falls apart. They think nothing of wearing the same dress or pants twice or more in a week at school, work, or when going out. They choose carefully and love and take care of the garments they have. Same with bras and intimates. They choose carefully and stick with classic, timeless pieces instead of super-trendy ones.
This idea of living and thinking is brand-new and almost revolutionary to someone like myself, in Canada, where lots of people at work or school make the effort to wear different items of clothing throughout the week. And have bulging closets that spill over with clothing that are cheap or made in questionable factories in countries outside North America.

A lot of higher quality designer fashion houses, when you are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for their garments and bags, their workers in their factories are often in Europe or North America, and are being paid a fair, reasonable living wage and the factories are not in deplorable conditions like many factories in India, China, Bangladesh, etc. They have good standards and worker rights.
If you are able to buy from these fashion houses, that's great, the jackets, bags, dresses, etc. if well taken care of will last one 5 years or more, and one can pass it on to younger members of the family in the future. Some good handbags will last a lifetime if taken care of.

It's not in my budget, personally, to buy from designer houses. But I thought I'd bring it up.

Thankfully there are more fair-trade and locally made undergarments and clothing, shoes made from recycled materials, and accessories that are free of animal-products like leather.
I agree with supporting local business and producers.

Hail Satan

That's a great talent to have. Sewing your own clothes. My mom made me a handmade scarf that's kind of fragile so I don't wear it often. It's like new. But it's warm.I can't really draw (I need practice), thereby not really able to design,  but I am thinking of making my own clothing line, specifically, certain items for the female body.Actually, it's to cater to myself, first and foremost, lol, because I cannot find what I want in mainstream stores. I have bought some things from Walmart and a yoga store, some items that I really like and am wearing through and through. But it's hard to find and it was only by chance I came across them. I looked in organic/all-natural/green/enviromentally-friendly general stores but again, they do not have what I am looking for specifically. So I am thinking of making it.I won't say what it is here because I don't want people stealing my idea. Not saying you, Serpentfire, but others. I think there's a niche in the market for this. I would make it fair trade, at the very least. I don't know about organic yet. It's just an idea that has been bubbling in my head for a few days now.
They have some stores in my city that take old items of clothing, cut it up and then make a new dress or jacket out of it. They are original and one of a kind pieces. They are out of my budget but I have gone into the stores and they are lovely. They have purses made out of seat belts and posters, lol. They are pretty unique.
Those are pretty good tips. :)
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:36:35 PM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: The factory disasters in India

I started making clothes, I can crotchet scarves and jumpers it just takes a lot of time I havn't had much of. I just bought an overlocker sewing machine last month and havn't used it yet, I am used to sewing by hand and find the machine a bit confusing but once I figure it out it will mean I can make a dress or coat etc much quicker.
Buying new fabric even, check where it is made too a lot of what is avaliable here now is again from China and India and it's shit.

I like to look also in second hand stored for old coats, fabrics even very large items of clothing with fabric I like in it, then cut it up and make something new out of it.

I add a little diluted white vinegar to my wash if the clothes have been damp and got a bit smelly it gets rid of the smell with less detergent.

You can recyle old warn undies and shirts as cleaning rags, for washing the car, windows etc. My Nan used to use old underpants to polish the furnature.

if you have clothes with organic or cotton fabrics you can even compost them or use them for garden mulch. Cut up and stitch them into pet rugs etc
For those interested in making clothes you can find old sewing patterns printed on paper for under $10, then trace it onto thicker paper you can reuse over several times. Brands like quick sew, simplicity etc have some very easy patterns for begginers.

Hail Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Magus Immortalis <magus.immortalis@... wrote:

it's best to ask the salespeople in the shops when their stock comes in and when it's all on the floor, and then go then. Preferably not on weekends when it's packed, picked over or the place is a mess. Or if you have to, best to go first thing in the morning when they open so you don't have to deal with the crowds. People tend to trickle in after lunchtime. All at once, lol.

For ladies, wash your bras by hand with a gentle castile liquid soap and hang dry. Or if you prefer the washer, a washer-friendly mesh bag that zips up can hold your bras and fancier underpants. And put the washer on delicate spin. Don't forget the biodegradable, earth-friendly, not tested on animals washing detergent! ^.^ Even mainstream stores and supermarkets carry these greener options now. 
Unless you get bloodied often in your clothes, roll around in mud or are out in the field a lot, these should do the job for most people.
I find that washing the clothes you wear most often (jeans, shirts, sweaters for me) I turn them inside out and wash them in cold water in the washer, then hang them to air dry. It makes them look newer longer, especially if they are not super high-quality.
This may sound gross to some, but as long as I haven't been sweating profusely and the armpits of the shirts and sweaters don't reek I don't wash my shirts and hoodies after every time I wear them. 
I alternate between clothes in the cooler months so it may be a month or two (or more) before I wash the hoodies. I have about a dozen. And wear each one once or twice a week. Shirts I wash more often because they are closer to the skin.
In warmer months I obviously throw them in the hamper after being outside all day. Lighter colours shirts, like in yellow, beige, white, show stains more easily over time. Sweat turns them yellow in some places. Or if you are prone to spilling food and drink on yourself, or are a messy eater and the food goes flying on yourself while chewing (it happens) lighter colours will show it more.

I tried to stay on the topic of taking care of the clothes you have, or are planning on acquring, so you don't go buying tons more. I think we live in a culture of materialism and over-consumption. Particularly here in North America.
It's become the norm to buy a shirt that cost less then the price of admission to a movie. Or cheaper then eating out with friends. People are used to this, and because they buy more because it's cheap, it creates a demand and that demand has to be filled.
It's like a national past-time to go shopping more then once a week to your favorite mall and shops and spend money on clothes you don't need. To fill a spiritual hole in your life. Or filling whatever hole you have in your life with shopping (depression, loneliness, insecurity, self-esteem issues, time with friends or family, etc.)
People do it without being aware of it, but it shows in one's growing credit card debt and having clothes in one's closet with the tags still attached, months or a year or more later.

I have some books on fashion, written by ladies living in Paris or had stayed there, and the lifestyle is very different in thinking, shopping, etc. I have never gone to Europe nor do I know anyone there.
But the point I want to bring out was this: many ladies have a minimalist wardrobe of less then 20 pieces (or around that number.) They mix and match, buy the highest quality they can afford and wear it until it gets old or falls apart. They think nothing of wearing the same dress or pants twice or more in a week at school, work, or when going out. They choose carefully and love and take care of the garments they have. Same with bras and intimates. They choose carefully and stick with classic, timeless pieces instead of super-trendy ones.
This idea of living and thinking is brand-new and almost revolutionary to someone like myself, in Canada, where lots of people at work or school make the effort to wear different items of clothing throughout the week. And have bulging closets that spill over with clothing that are cheap or made in questionable factories in countries outside North America.

A lot of higher quality designer fashion houses, when you are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for their garments and bags, their workers in their factories are often in Europe or North America, and are being paid a fair, reasonable living wage and the factories are not in deplorable conditions like many factories in India, China, Bangladesh, etc. They have good standards and worker rights.
If you are able to buy from these fashion houses, that's great, the jackets, bags, dresses, etc. if well taken care of will last one 5 years or more, and one can pass it on to younger members of the family in the future. Some good handbags will last a lifetime if taken care of.

Thankfully there are more fair-trade and locally made undergarments and clothing, shoes made from recycled materials, and accessories that are free of animal-products like leather.

Hail Satan

Something has been nagging at me mentally so I will do my best to write it down and sort it out here in this thread.

Obviously we all live in different parts of the world. The availability of vintage/secondhand/charity shops is not everywhere. Neither are the stores that offer fair-trade, organic or recycled fashion, shoes and accessories.
Some towns have a Walmart or equivalent store and some smaller independent shops. Other people live in big cities, the suburbs or countryside and the number and selection of shops differ greatly.

The major point I want to emphasize:
*No matter what you buy or where you buy it, take good care of it, and be sure it's the best quality you can afford.*

Please do your best to avoid buying clothing made in China. Many of their clothing factories are in poor condition, the workers make less then a dollar a day and many work long shifts, sometimes 16 hour days.
And the garments are very cheap when they are in the stores in your city/town. It's because they pay the workers next to nothing. Less then a dollar a day.

(I am sure there are documentaries on this on Youtube as well as articles on Google. Please look it up if these issues interest you.)

Even if it's made in the USA, there are still sweatshops here and the workers are not even allowed to go to the bathroom.

I am sure there are lists on the Net about which clothing companies are guilty of this and you can look them up and not buy from them, and let your circle of friends, family and co-workers know too.

If you find clothing and it's second-hand and in good condition; or locally made, by an independent business, fair-trade, and/or organic...that's great! Kudos to you. :)

Sometimes we see an item on sale or it's cheap but the quality is very poor and it will not last the season. Or more then a couple washes.

It's the impulse buy, things we don't need, or we want to latch onto some passing trend. Maybe our circle of friends are wearing the trend. Or we think it will boost our sex appeal, self-esteem or whatever image we have in our minds and want to project to the world.

Think about it though:
Will it fit you in one year?
Will it LAST one year or more?
Do you really love it?
Do you have other similar items or identical ones already?
What else do you have in your wardrobe that it will go with?
(If none, don't buy it unless it's for a super special occasion that you can wear it more then once to. For repeat or similar events, like balls, parties, weddings, etc.)
What occasions can you wear it to?

I am sure there is more. Please feel free to add more to the list if I have missed anything.

Classic items like a good, well-made suit, pants, dress, or interview clothes along with good classic styled shoes and jackets are worth the investment. Because it will last you years and make you feel good about the way you look and there's a situation you can wear it to. Well-made clothes are better cut, higher quality and won't fall apart in the wash.

If you find an excellent item of clothing, and it's too big, bring it to a tailor and get it custom-fitted to you. A good tailor will make an item look good on you. They cannot stretch out an item that is too small, but they can snip and sew an item that is a bit big. I have done this with some sweaters and the results were pleasing to me.

So if you find an item that is not in your size in the store, but is a bit bigger, (and you really love it and it's a good investment, and yo will wear it often or need it for something)...buy it and get it to a tailor. It's worth the extra money.
I do this with my jeans that are too long, when I first buy them.

Another way to buy less clothing and make the ones you have last longer is something I had to learn the hard way: don't lose and gain lots of weight. Find your healthy weight, and stay there through good diet and consistent exercise.
Losing and gaining lots of weight not only makes the skin stretch and sag eventually but it's also not good for your health.

In the past 10 years I have gone up and down 40 pounds. Obviously this is not good for my health. I also had to buy new clothes every time I gained or lost 10 pounds. Since I live in a small condo with my family there's not a lot of closet space. Needless to say I have donated lots of clothes because there just wasn't room for them.

Ah, after all that, now I remember the original reason for continuing this thread. I noticed that mass fashion stores like Zara, H&M, Old Navy, Gap, etc. tend to put out new stock and entirely new inventory EVERY MONTH.
They don't just move stock around, they get rid of it entirely and ship it off elsewhere, likely to outlet malls and stores in other continents for cheaper.

I have gone into these stores and seeing the full-to-bursting quantity of clothes on the racks and shelves made my head hurt a bit. Something bothered me spiritually about it, as if my Guardian was saying quietly to me, "don't you see the deeper issue with this? And how it's wrong?"

And my conscience spoke to me. I have read some books and articles about this. How they used pesticides for the cotton fields, in which they made the clothes from. The dyes used for the colours that run off into streams and rivers. The workers who are young children because they have quick, adept and little fingers and can add the thousands of beads and buttons to expensive gowns better then adults. Women and children who work very long days and who sleep, eat and live in the clothing factory premises. In countries like India and China, for example. In buildings that are falling apart or unsafe for workers.

You might be thinking, "fuck, Magus. Don't tell me how to spend my money, I earned it, or where to shop and what to buy. Stop ranting."

You're right. You DID work for your money, you can spend it how you like and wherever you like. But I have read, "we vote with our dollar."

If what we buy only fuels the continuation and growth of sweatshops, poor working conditions and workers with little to no rights, as well as poor quality merchandise, made in environments that are battering the condition of the earth, the streams and rivers, the soil... would we still buy from these companies? Or could we choose a better place to spend our money?

None of these issues I used to care about. But since coming to Satanism a few years ago, these issues have been brought to my attention. First it was through books. It started with the man-made, cancer-causing, harmful ingredients (parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, coal tar, etc.) in the cosmetics I used. Shampoo, body wash, soap, makeup, perfume, just to name a few.

It's something I read up on and feel very passionately about. It affects all of us. And many of us take it for granted that what we wash, smear or spray on our skin must be safe because it's available in stores. It's not safe at all.
Even they have tested newborns for these man-made chemicals in their bodies and it's there. Straight from the womb. It's also in the breast milk of their mothers.
Think of the fish and sea food we consume, also.

Or that the clothing we buy for so cheap is good for us, the consumers (we save money) but at what cost, when it affects our fellow human being's welfare?

So you're thinking, "so you have the ideal greener items for your bathroom and toiletry, as well as clothing that is not from the companies you listed above?"

No. I don't want to be a hypocrite and imply I am perfect and a super-aware customer and human being. But I am willing to make the changes by being aware of what I choose to buy and for what reason. And where I buy it from. I have to work on this myself. I am simply bringing this issue to light a little more. And sharing my thoughts.

Just do your best, make the best choices you can within your budget and what is in your vicinity.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions. All this is new to me, still, so I am not that well-versed on these topics.

Thanks for reading.

Hail Satan!

That's a great talent to have. Sewing your own clothes. My mom made me a handmade scarf that's kind of fragile so I don't wear it often. It's like new. But it's warm.
I can't really draw (I need practice), thereby not really able to design,  but I am thinking of making my own clothing line, specifically, certain items for the female body.
Actually, it's to cater to myself, first and foremost, lol, because I cannot find what I want in mainstream stores. I have bought some things from Walmart and a yoga store, some items that I really like and am wearing through and through. But it's hard to find and it was only by chance I came across them. I looked in organic/all-natural/green/enviromentally-friendly general stores but again, they do not have what I am looking for specifically. So I am thinking of making it.
I won't say what it is here because I don't want people stealing my idea. Not saying you, Serpentfire, but others. I think there's a niche in the market for this. I would make it fair trade, at the very least. 
I don't know about organic yet. It's just an idea that has been bubbling in my head for a few days now.

They have some stores in my city that take old items of clothing, cut it up and then make a new dress or jacket out of it. They are original and one of a kind pieces. They are out of my budget but I have gone into the stores and they are lovely. They have purses made out of seat belts and posters, lol. They are pretty unique.

Those are pretty good tips. :)

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:36:35 PM
Subject: [JoyofSatan666] Re: The factory disasters in India

Hail Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Magus Immortalis <magus.immortalis@ wrote:

Hail Satan

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back