Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #5052: Sleep questions

AskSatanOperator

There is a lot of different information on the Internet, which is contradictory, somewhere they write that there are different ways to sleep polyphasic and so on, somewhere they write that it is necessary to sleep 8-9 hours and not less, and it is from 21:00 and not later, otherwise the quality of sleep will be very bad.

I also remember an article on JoS that one woman did not sleep without consequences for 3 months.

In general, the question is how to really sleep properly, and how harmful it is not to sleep for say 1-2 days?

When you sleep, your body gets rid of toxins, etc., it does not need, plus it's easier for the body to fight an infection or something along those lines when you sleep, that's why you hear the line: "Get plenty of rest!"

As for how long to sleep, it's up to you. Some people are night owls, others are early risers and there might even be people inbetween. If you go to sleep at like say 11 pm and wake up at 7 am feeling fresh and awake, then it's enough sleep for you.

The 8-9 rules applies to adults to get "better" sleep, while children require up to 11 or more as their bodies are growing.

Here's something about what happens during sleep from the internet:

Sleep allows the brain and body to slow down and engage in processes of recovery, promoting better physical and mental performance the next day and over the long-term. What happens when you don't sleep is that these fundamental processes are short-circuited, affecting thinking, concentration, energy levels, and mood.

The bottom line is - sleep for as long as you want and when you want, but do not get sleep deprived as it is bad for you and your body. Literally.

As an addition to the above, for adults sleeping before 11pm and getting at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep cab be enough especially if one has a consistent meditation program and gets plenty of exercises and stretching done ever day. Over sleeping cab cause problems as well. The more exact details 6 on the person as well but the above is the general for spiritual practicing healthy adults, in my opinion.

The 3 month no sleep situation if I recall correctly was someone who was very advanced and had their energies extremely high than many here haven't reached, yet. This is an extreme case and not something that should be sought.

If I remember correctly, Stormblood said that it isn't good to stay up after 10pm. I would also take in account the time of sunset.

After all, you should sleep as much as you require. Usually more advanced soul (or souls with pronounced Sun?) will require much less sleep.

If I remember correctly, Stormblood said that it isn't good to stay up after 10pm. I would also take in account the time of sunset.

After all, you should sleep as much as you require. Usually more advanced soul (or souls with pronounced Sun?) will require much less sleep.
Ayurveda says to be asleep by 10.

There is a lot of different information on the Internet, which is contradictory, somewhere they write that there are different ways to sleep polyphasic and so on, somewhere they write that it is necessary to sleep 8-9 hours and not less, and it is from 21:00 and not later, otherwise the quality of sleep will be very bad.

I also remember an article on JoS that one woman did not sleep without consequences for 3 months.

In general, the question is how to really sleep properly, and how harmful it is not to sleep for say 1-2 days?
Your brain and body need rest.
This also applies to your subconscious mind.
During sleep, the body rests and recovers, after sleep you feel a surge of new strength.
Lack of sleep has a negative effect on human health. I recommend that you do not neglect your sleep.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back