Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Nietzsche

Dominic Wolfheart

Any fellow Satanists fans of Nietzsche? I am no expert on him, but from what I have read I like him. I read a little bit of the Anti-Christ which was amazing (regardless of what you think of him, every Satanist should at least read that one book. It debunks xtianity better than any Satanist I have ever read.) I'm currently studying Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and when studying him in school all I could think was "somebody should start a religion on this guy." He is quite possibly the most Satanic philosopher that ever lived.

If you are turned off by Levay's concept of self-worship, don't worry. Nietzsche was a huge influence on Levay, but he goes so much deeper than Levay's rather shallow bible (which was one part plagariasm, one part cliffs notes of Nietzsche and Ayn Rand and one part pointless rituals.)

Nietzsche was truly a genious. Most Satanists are to some degree indirectly influenced by him (often without realizing it) because Levay's hero, Ayn Rand was very influenced by Nietzsche (an Levay himself was clearly influenced by Nietzche, though to a lesser extent.)

So yeah, any of you fans of Nietzsche?
If not, try doing a bit of research on him. Hell, even the wikipedia article. Maybe even find a PDF of The Antichrist and see what you think.

May Lucifer guide us all in our quest for knowledge. For knowledge is power.
Hail Satan!

lol yes I am a Nietzsche fan. I have read him before...one of the few books I can get in this smaller town library.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Dominic Wolfheart" <shadowprometheus666@... wrote:

Any fellow Satanists fans of Nietzsche? I am no expert on him, but from what I have read I like him. I read a little bit of the Anti-Christ which was amazing (regardless of what you think of him, every Satanist should at least read that one book. It debunks xtianity better than any Satanist I have ever read.) I'm currently studying Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and when studying him in school all I could think was "somebody should start a religion on this guy." He is quite possibly the most Satanic philosopher that ever lived.

If you are turned off by Levay's concept of self-worship, don't worry. Nietzsche was a huge influence on Levay, but he goes so much deeper than Levay's rather shallow bible (which was one part plagariasm, one part cliffs notes of Nietzsche and Ayn Rand and one part pointless rituals.)

Nietzsche was truly a genious. Most Satanists are to some degree indirectly influenced by him (often without realizing it) because Levay's hero, Ayn Rand was very influenced by Nietzsche (an Levay himself was clearly influenced by Nietzche, though to a lesser extent.)

If not, try doing a bit of research on him. Hell, even the wikipedia article. Maybe even find a PDF of The Antichrist and see what you think.

Hail Satan!

I like a lot of his ideas. I've read /Thus Spoke Zarathustra/ and /The
Will to Power/, which was a collection of his notes on what was supposed
to be his/ magnum opus/, but he never finished it before he went insane.
I'm very strongly in favour of the idea of the übermensch (translated
"superman" or "overman") and the concept of the will to power, but not
so much nihilism as a whole. /Cogito ergo sum/. I tend to be very much
an absolutist.

I've also read Ayn Rand; and Nietzsche and Rand taken together kick the
shit out of LaVey. /The Fountainhead/ is perhaps the best book I've ever
read.

Dominic Wolfheart wrote:
Any fellow Satanists fans of Nietzsche? I am no expert on him, but
from what I have read I like him. I read a little bit of the
Anti-Christ which was amazing (regardless of what you think of him,
every Satanist should at least read that one book. It debunks xtianity
better than any Satanist I have ever read.) I'm currently studying
Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and when studying him in school all I could
think was "somebody should start a religion on this guy." He is quite
possibly the most Satanic philosopher that ever lived.

If you are turned off by Levay's concept of self-worship, don't worry.
Nietzsche was a huge influence on Levay, but he goes so much deeper
than Levay's rather shallow bible (which was one part plagariasm, one
part cliffs notes of Nietzsche and Ayn Rand and one part pointless
rituals.)

Nietzsche was truly a genious. Most Satanists are to some degree
indirectly influenced by him (often without realizing it) because
Levay's hero, Ayn Rand was very influenced by Nietzsche (an Levay
himself was clearly influenced by Nietzche, though to a lesser extent.)

If not, try doing a bit of research on him. Hell, even the wikipedia
article. Maybe even find a PDF of The Antichrist and see what you think.

May Lucifer guide us all in our quest for knowledge. For knowledge is
power.
Hail Satan!

Which of his books are the best reads?

And which versions are the most accurate as far as translations go?

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Dominic Wolfheart" <shadowprometheus666@... wrote:

Hail Satan!
Hmm, never heard of him, but thanks for letting me know. I'm checking out a video about him on YouTube right now. Every bit of knowledge counts. Thank you for letting us know brother! Hail Satan! :)

Read Thus spake Zarathustra. It is his most peotic work and written in a completely different style than all his other works. The Birth of Tragey explain the Apollonian/Dionysian duality, and as a Satanists you will clearly see that it is really the Shiva/Shakti aspects of the soul that he is speaking of.

Which translations are the best? The ones you impose yourself. Learn French and read The Will to Power in that language, as it is the language Nietzsche wished he had wrote the book in, I am assuming because of the romanticism and idealism associated with it.

"Ay, what is Dionysian? In this book may be found an answer-a "Knowing one" speaks here, the votary and disciple of his god."- Nietzsche from The Birth of Tragedy, an attempt at self-criticism.
Dionysus=Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Sven" <belthazorthemighty@... wrote:

Which of his books are the best reads?

And which versions are the most accurate as far as translations go?

I'll look him up .<

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM, richardlesterhailsatan11 <richardlesterhailsatan11@... wrote:

Hail Satan!

Hmm, never heard of him, but thanks for letting me know. I'm checking out a video about him on YouTube right now. Every bit of knowledge counts. Thank you for letting us know brother! Hail Satan! :)

--
overt enemy

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back