Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

Some yoga questions

The Phantom Stranger

The Phantom Stranger
#1

In Kundalini yoga

7th exercise - do I simply roll my neck or breathe along with it like inhale while rolling my neck

8th exercise - Do I simultaneously inhale and apply mula bandh? And it says to apply mula bandh again, so does this mean I have to only momentarily apply it then release to be applied again briefly

9th exercise - Do I only say Sat and nam with my voice while pulling my navel and relaxing or do I do Inhales and exhales, say sat and nam with my mind

Also in hatha yoga in exercise 14 The Plough, my legs don't fully straighten out, they are curved because I don't have the flexibility so will it still be effective if I do this exercise?

Also one thing I noticed, I don't really get many buzzing feelings from Hatha but Kundalini does give me more of that, especially while doing the inhales and exhales

Discussion

fuoco blu 666Active Translator
#2
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga

7th exercise - do I simply roll my neck or breathe along with it like inhale while rolling my neck

8th exercise - Do I simultaneously inhale and apply mula bandh? And it says to apply mula bandh again, so does this mean I have to only momentarily apply it then release to be applied again briefly

9th exercise - Do I only say Sat and nam with my voice while pulling my navel and relaxing or do I do Inhales and exhales, say sat and nam with my mind

Also in hatha yoga in exercise 14 The Plough, my legs don't fully straighten out, they are curved because I don't have the flexibility so will it still be effective if I do this exercise?

Also one thing I noticed, I don't really get many buzzing feelings from Hatha but Kundalini does give me more of that, especially while doing the inhales and exhales

In the seventh exercise of Kundalini Yoga you rotate your neck and breathe, clockwise and counterclockwise, then squeeze the energy upwards as you straighten your neck.
Mula Bandha must be applied quickly with the breath.

You can say Sat with one breath and then Nam while in the position shown in the PDF image (Kriya).

With the Plow pose your legs should be straight ideally, the important thing for this pose is that your spine is flexible enough to perform it, you need to feel your spine bending, if you have enough flexibility in your legs you can direct energy into them based on how you feel them.

Hatha Yoga increases flexibility more and is balancing, Kundalini Yoga increases energy more faster, this is why you feel the buzz of energy more with Kundalini Yoga

The Phantom Stranger
#3
fuoco blu 666 wrote:
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga

7th exercise - do I simply roll my neck or breathe along with it like inhale while rolling my neck

8th exercise - Do I simultaneously inhale and apply mula bandh? And it says to apply mula bandh again, so does this mean I have to only momentarily apply it then release to be applied again briefly

9th exercise - Do I only say Sat and nam with my voice while pulling my navel and relaxing or do I do Inhales and exhales, say sat and nam with my mind

Also in hatha yoga in exercise 14 The Plough, my legs don't fully straighten out, they are curved because I don't have the flexibility so will it still be effective if I do this exercise?

Also one thing I noticed, I don't really get many buzzing feelings from Hatha but Kundalini does give me more of that, especially while doing the inhales and exhales

In the seventh exercise of Kundalini Yoga you rotate your neck and breathe, clockwise and counterclockwise, then squeeze the energy upwards as you straighten your neck.
Mula Bandha must be applied quickly with the breath.

You can say Sat with one breath and then Nam while in the position shown in the PDF image (Kriya).

With the Plow pose your legs should be straight ideally, the important thing for this pose is that your spine is flexible enough to perform it, you need to feel your spine bending, if you have enough flexibility in your legs you can direct energy into them based on how you feel them.

Hatha Yoga increases flexibility more and is balancing, Kundalini Yoga increases energy more faster, this is why you feel the buzz of energy more with Kundalini Yoga

In the second exercise of Kundalini yoga it says to think sat on inhale and nam on exhale but I can't count my breaths while doing this. Like 26 or 108 how many ever I'm supposed to do. Like either count in my head or say sat and nam in my head

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#4
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In the second exercise of Kundalini yoga it says to think sat on inhale and nam on exhale but I can't count my breaths while doing this. Like 26 or 108 how many ever I'm supposed to do. Like either count in my head or say sat and nam in my head

Use mala beads to count the repetitions you are doing so that you can think Satnam in the head while you are doing this.

The Phantom Stranger
#5
fuoco blu 666 wrote:
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga

With the Plow pose your legs should be straight ideally, the important thing for this pose is that your spine is flexible enough to perform it, you need to feel your spine bending, if you have enough flexibility in your legs you can direct energy into them based on how you feel them.

So I can do the plough leaning my back against a wall right? Because that's how I do shoulderstand and it says to immediately perform plough while in shoulderstand position

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#6
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

So I can do the plough leaning my back against a wall right? Because that's how I do shoulderstand and it says to immediately perform plough while in shoulderstand position

You can transition from shoulderstand (supported by a wall) to plow, but the plow is not done supported against a wall even as an easier alternative. I believe there are two pictures of the plow pose in the ToZ Hatha Yoga sample session PDF. One of the pictures shows an easier alternative.

The Phantom Stranger
#7
fuoco blu 666 wrote:

Hatha Yoga increases flexibility more and is balancing, Kundalini Yoga increases energy more faster, this is why you feel the buzz of energy more with Kundalini Yoga

I feel like isolated buzzes in my legs, palms or other parts of my body. And they disappear quickly once I end the asana in hatha yoga. Is this a sign of correct pose or bioelectricity? Or simply lack of blood 😆😅

The Phantom Stranger
#8
fuoco blu 666 wrote:

In the seventh exercise of Kundalini Yoga you rotate your neck and breathe, clockwise and counterclockwise, then squeeze the energy upwards as you straighten your neck.
Mula Bandha must be applied quickly with the breath.

You can say Sat with one breath and then Nam while in the position shown in the PDF image (Kriya).

With the Plow pose your legs should be straight ideally, the important thing for this pose is that your spine is flexible enough to perform it, you need to feel your spine bending, if you have enough flexibility in your legs you can direct energy into them based on how you feel them.

Hatha Yoga increases flexibility more and is balancing, Kundalini Yoga increases energy more faster, this is why you feel the buzz of energy more with Kundalini Yoga

In Kundalini yoga, I saw Lydia's YouTube video link, where after every breathing exercise, the woman held her breath and applied mula bandh. But this is not written in the pdf. Is this needed in every Kundalini yoga exercise?

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#9
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga, I saw Lydia's YouTube video link, where after every breathing exercise, the woman held her breath and applied mula bandh. But this is not written in the pdf. Is this needed in every Kundalini yoga exercise?

The pdf is for beginners who might experience problems from mula bandh, as it stimulates the serpent which most people are not yet ready for. If you're ready, then do the mula bandh as indicated.

The Phantom Stranger
#10
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=467722 time=1697364559 user_id=57]

The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga, I saw Lydia's YouTube video link, where after every breathing exercise, the woman held her breath and applied mula bandh. But this is not written in the pdf. Is this needed in every Kundalini yoga exercise?

The pdf is for beginners who might experience problems from mula bandh, as it stimulates the serpent which most people are not yet ready for. If you're ready, then do the mula bandh as indicated.

Ok thank you Lydia! I have some more questions like what does mentally saying Sat-nam do? Or like in the last exercise where you say it out loud? Because in the 2nd exercise it says to do so but I kinda forget to do it. And its normal S like in the video right? Or more like the deep guttural S in SATANAS

The Phantom Stranger
#11
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=467722 time=1697364559 user_id=57]

The Phantom Stranger wrote:

In Kundalini yoga, I saw Lydia's YouTube video link, where after every breathing exercise, the woman held her breath and applied mula bandh. But this is not written in the pdf. Is this needed in every Kundalini yoga exercise?

The pdf is for beginners who might experience problems from mula bandh, as it stimulates the serpent which most people are not yet ready for. If you're ready, then do the mula bandh as indicated.

Btw I experienced a headache yesterday. I don't know if it was Yoga related, but hatha yoga made me feel relaxed, and if fact got me into that floaty sensation without even meditating, the light trance state. However I always hear some sort of uncomfortable frequency or some uncomfortable sound, the deeper I try to go the more uncomfortable it gets. I don't know what it is.

The headache occured much later in the evening (I did yoga during the morning).

I also stopped kundalini yoga after 2 exercises because I felt I was burning up and overworking myself.

Does anyone know what this means

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#12
The Phantom Stranger wrote:

Ok thank you Lydia! I have some more questions like what does mentally saying Sat-nam do? Or like in the last exercise where you say it out loud? Because in the 2nd exercise it says to do so but I kinda forget to do it. And its normal S like in the video right? Or more like the deep guttural S in SATANAS

Sat-Nam is a variation of Zeus's name. Mentally chanting it keeps the mind focused on the kriya, instead of daydreaming. You can change it to Zeus instead, with Sa on the inhale and Tan on the exhale.

Normal S.

The Phantom Stranger
#13
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=467879 time=1697448899 user_id=57]

The Phantom Stranger wrote:

Ok thank you Lydia! I have some more questions like what does mentally saying Sat-nam do? Or like in the last exercise where you say it out loud? Because in the 2nd exercise it says to do so but I kinda forget to do it. And its normal S like in the video right? Or more like the deep guttural S in SATANAS

Sat-Nam is a variation of Satan's name. Mentally chanting it keeps the mind focused on the kriya, instead of daydreaming. You can change it to Satan instead, with Sa on the inhale and Tan on the exhale.

Normal S.

Thanks. This means I can do it silently too. Because sometimes I might be surrounded by people. In the last exercise of kundalini yoga I mean.