Hello,
Ever since the move to a better and healthier, safer, more Zevism environment, I've noticed that part of me that has been locked away for years is opening up.
All the abuse I went through in my life are coming out in intense emotions and flashes.
For example:
I thought I wasn't scared of a man's touch anymore, but I started to be. My boyfriend has been helping me, however, when I feel these intense and overbearing emotions, any physical touch (even my own) feels like my skin is being burned. It hurts and it makes me feel scared.
Or sometimes these flashes of what had happened to me come flooding my psyche that I feel trapped, not safe and like I am in danger again.
Nobody taught me how to deal with emotions or how to better control them.
I have so much anger inside of myself that it just lashes out in every and any direction it can.
And whenever I distract myself by cooking or cleaning or anything else, it's okay for that moment, but when I stop? It's back to square one.
I am exhausted and fed up with everything. I hadn't realized what years of abuse did to me until I moved to a safer environment. I've done like 4 emotional healings. I've done them in the unsafe environment, so that's probably why it didn't help. Could be wrong. I don't know anymore.
Part of me feels that ignoring or pretending like these emotions and feelings don't exist makes it worse. I just don't know how to deal with these emotions.
Does anyone know what I could do?
Thank you.
I would agree that you shouldn't ignore them, but rather try to reflect and process. With a journal, you can catalogue and analyze your feelings and understand on a better level why you feel a certain way. Sometimes this is enough to calm down on your own, but other times you may realize you have take certain actions to alleviate what you are feeling.
If you read about cases of trauma, once the individual is away from the stress and able to relax, then this is when the flashbacks occur. For example, a soldier goes through war and may not have had time to stop and think, but only once he comes home does the gravity of what he had been through sink in, and then he becomes troubled, depressed, etc.
As I believe emotions, relating to the moon, deal heavily with security, usually the individual has to process and learn how to feel safe again. I had read about a person who was physically attacked, and for some time after the attack did they describe an obsession about understanding why that could happen to them. I believe this is the soul/mind attempting to repair the "hole" which may exist emotionally, if that makes sense.
Similarly, I think your own soul is reflecting on the stress it endured and trying to establish a sense of calm and security. If the imprint was made within you that male touch = danger, then now you have to retrain yourself to know that that isn't the case. The same can happen with other triggers. This is not always a matter of logic either, but I would try to focus on actively calming yourself in the presence of the trigger.
I would urge you to read about people who have gone through similar trouble as you have, as that can accelerate your understanding and processing. As mentioned before, also try to think about any actions which may need to take place, as probably this anger needs to be expressed towards whoever harmed you.
Also, I wouldn't say that your emotional healing workings didn't work. Don't ever doubt your workings, as healing can take time. Exhaustion is also normal and again we can see the connection to the Moon, which promotes restfulness. Those with PTSD report sleeping issues, often due to nightmares, as sleep is one way in which we process our feelings. I read a study where people who blocked their dreams, like with alcohol, had stronger flashbacks of nightmares later on, which I assume is because they were avoiding the healing process.
Anyway, I hope this helps. Keep up the good work, as your soul will heal and move past this. You are growing stronger and away from a position of ever getting as wounded again. An advanced soul is able to resist and defend itself more readily, plus it is better trained in healing procedures, etc. So there is progress here; don't feel like you are regressing.