Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

Forced to change my Forums Password again, anyone else?

Betelgeuse

#1

I tried to log on the forums and I was forced to change my password again, just like we had to not too long ago because of the enemy trying to hack into our accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

Discussion

magus.immortalis
#2

I've had to make a new account after it failed to use my old password and older account.

WotanwarriorActive Translator
#4

Yes, yesterday it asked me to change the password again and if I didn't do it I couldn't continue posting, I don't know if it's a bug or the forum is being attacked again.

SShiva_frHonorary Translator
#5

Same here

Lunar Dance 666
#6

I think that HP HC did mention that it is going to be mandatory, to change your pw every month since the breach.

However I dont like to do this every month. Im barely used to my new pw and I already had to change it.

#7
Flint wrote:

I've had to make a new account after it failed to use my old password and older account.

Same, as well as proton not letting mails from the forums get through

#8

On this note, are there better alternatives to use instead of protonmail?

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#9
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

I think that HP HC did mention that it is going to be mandatory, to change your pw every month since the breach.

However I dont like to do this every month. Im barely used to my new pw and I already had to change it.

https://keepassxc.org/

#10
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

I think that HP HC did mention that it is going to be mandatory, to change your pw every month since the breach.

However I dont like to do this every month. Im barely used to my new pw and I already had to change it.

Well that's a relief. I thought someone was trying to hack into my account and it forced a password reset or something.

Head Guardian Sophiles PhylaxEdited
#11
Betelgeuse wrote:

I tried to log on the forums and I was forced to change my password again, just like we had to not too long ago because of the enemy trying to hack into our accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

As others said, I believe it is set to be regularly recurring.

Nova666 wrote:

Same, as well as proton not letting mails from the forums get through

What do you mean? I could be wrong, but I do not believe the forum's webserver can handle emails. For account recovery, it is best to email HPZM directly.

Flint wrote:

I've had to make a new account after it failed to use my old password and older account.

Email HPZM about this, especially if your old account is the only thing which others can trust you by.

Everyone should get a password manager so they can easily use and quickly update secure passwords. If you have to remember them individually, then it is easier to fall into bad habits, such as repeating passwords or making them too short.

General Yeager
#12

I forgot the new password I had set so I just made a new account. I'm going to be known as General Yeager from now on. I was previously known as Jack only. But the full name is Jack Yeager.

Yeager (Jager ) means Hunter in German.

SabaziosEdited
#13
Blitzkreig [JG wrote:

" post_id=403337 time=1670046615 user_id=21286]

Nova666 wrote:

Same, as well as proton not letting mails from the forums get through

What do you mean? I could be wrong, but I do not believe the forum's webserver can handle emails. For account recovery, it is best to email HPZM directly.

Up to around April 2021 I was still receiving mails from the forums whenever a topic was added on Important Articles as well as there being a function on Board Preferences to get notified by mail. And when trying to change the password by using the "Forgot your password" it asks for an e-mail.

#14
General Yeager wrote:

I forgot the new password I had set so I just made a new account. I'm going to be known as General Yeager from now on. I was previously known as Jack only. But the full name is Jack Yeager.

Yeager (Jager ) means Hunter in German.

I like it.