Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

Dutch government wants to monitor banktransactions from 100 euros and up

Lunar Dance 666

Lunar Dance 666
#1

https://web.archive.org/web/20230203134352/https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/geldzaken/nieuws/kabinet-wil-banktransacties-vanaf-100-laten-monitoren-en-lijkt-doof-voor-kritiek-ing-verlaagt-daglimiet-in-strijd-tegen-criminaliteit/ar-AA16YVJ6?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=9e76eff7701e48cfb343b8a9b2073c26

Last fall, the Rutte administration announced its intention to have banking transactions of individuals as little as 100 euros monitored in the fight against money laundering and other forms of crime. Meanwhile, the intention for "mass surveillance" has come under strong criticism.

The idea is that there will be a database for transactions over 100 euros, in which banks will be able to compare the data of each other's customers side by side and track unusual transaction patterns.

Privacy regulator Authority Personal Data is not enamored with the idea of micro-tracking private bank transactions. "This law leads to an unlawful violation of people's fundamental right," chairman Aleid Wolfsen indicated to RTL Nieuws last week. "It is quite extraordinary that we come up with this harsh criticism."

Finance Minister Sigrid Kaas, however, in an interview with RTL Nieuws on Tuesday, insisted on the plans. She did say she takes the concerns seriously, but she also called for "nuance."

ING lowers daily limit for private (read: individuals, not businesses) transfers to €2,000

Discussion

#2
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

I am technically not allowed to say it

I'm just curious as to why? I wouldn't hesitate to say something like you said...

Lunar Dance 666
#3
Apprentice wrote:
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

I am technically not allowed to say it

I'm just curious as to why? I wouldn't hesitate to say something like you said...

Because they tried to pass a law a few years back that allows them to check your media without an official warrant on the pretext "x is a suspect".
Making public statements calling to terrorism is the most unwise thing to do in the current day and age.

If you say such things, do it in private. Not in public.

#4
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

If you say such things, do it in private. Not in public.

You were just wondering about the situation, AFAIK.
I hope you are using some kind of VPN solution to dust your tracks in case the commies really want to get serious with dissidents.
Take care.

Lunar Dance 666
#5
Apprentice wrote:
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

If you say such things, do it in private. Not in public.

You were just wondering about the situation, AFAIK.
I hope you are using some kind of VPN solution to dust your tracks in case the commies really want to get serious with dissidents.
Take care.

I am :)