Hello. I have been having the urge recently to learn about crystals.
How do you guys like to use them? What resources would you recommend for learning about them? Can you recommend any trustworthy vendors?
Hello. I have been having the urge recently to learn about crystals.
How do you guys like to use them? What resources would you recommend for learning about them? Can you recommend any trustworthy vendors?
Shadowcat wrote: The crystal bible by Judy Hall is good. There is a one and two. ...
And three.
There's also a third version of the book. But I am not sure of its value over the first 2.
The mentioned book is pretty awesome. That's what I've been using for ages. Also, perform the ritual for Abrasax, and kindly ask Him to guide you and teach you about these things.
I have tried a few different methods for the use of crystals.
Before anything, it's important to first cleanse it. Personally, I use Demonic blue energy for this purpose. Alternatively, you can place the stone out in the Sun and program the energy of the Sun to cleanse it. Some texts mention cleansing with water, but this is not meant to be taken literally - it refers to the purifying properties of the element of water. Although I would suppose that submerging the stone in water and impregnating it with the water element and programming it to purify the stone would also be effective.
I have experimented with simply carrying the stones (just for the sake of experimentation) without any purification or charging, but as expected, I did not do anything.
I have performed one-shot workings where I would purify a stone and imbue it with the corresponding rune. I would vibrate the rune into the stone around 50 times and then carry it with me at all times. While this method has been effective, the effects tend to dissipate rather quickly.
Additionally, this method can also be used to imbue stones with specific energies that can influence individuals. For instance, my ex-girlfriend had too much masculine energy and we tried to fix that, I charged a moonstone with the energy of the actual Moon and the rune Berkano (and another two that I can't remember at the moment). She carried the stone and it actually worked to amplify her feminine energies. However, the effects also wore off after a week or two, so the stone needed to be recharged.
One of the most powerful and long-lasting methods of working with stones is to perform a 40-day working while carrying the stone with you at all times. During the working/meditation, you can visualize the stone amplifying or absorbing the desired energies. In addition to the tips on the Runes page, you can also consult the astrology section to determine which stone would be best suited for a particular type of energy. For instance, I have used black onyx stones extensively in Saturn-related workings.
I have also used the stones with the squares in a similar fashion.
One cool thing you can do is go find them in Nature. Try to find a list of the areas where you can find specific kinds of stones.
BlackOnyx8 wrote: The mentioned book is pretty awesome. That's what I've been using for ages. Also, perform the ritual for Abrasax, and kindly ask Him to guide you and teach you about these things.
I have tried a few different methods for the use of crystals.
Before anything, it's important to first cleanse it. Personally, I use Demonic blue energy for this purpose. Alternatively, you can place the stone out in the Sun and program the energy of the Sun to cleanse it. Some texts mention cleansing with water, but this is not meant to be taken literally - it refers to the purifying properties of the element of water. Although I would suppose that submerging the stone in water and impregnating it with the water element and programming it to purify the stone would also be effective.
I have experimented with simply carrying the stones (just for the sake of experimentation) without any purification or charging, but as expected, I did not do anything.
I have performed one-shot workings where I would purify a stone and imbue it with the corresponding rune. I would vibrate the rune into the stone around 50 times and then carry it with me at all times. While this method has been effective, the effects tend to dissipate rather quickly.
Additionally, this method can also be used to imbue stones with specific energies that can influence individuals. For instance, my ex-girlfriend had too much masculine energy and we tried to fix that, I charged a moonstone with the energy of the actual Moon and the rune Berkano (and another two that I can't remember at the moment). She carried the stone and it actually worked to amplify her feminine energies. However, the effects also wore off after a week or two, so the stone needed to be recharged.
One of the most powerful and long-lasting methods of working with stones is to perform a 40-day working while carrying the stone with you at all times. During the working/meditation, you can visualize the stone amplifying or absorbing the desired energies. In addition to the tips on the Runes page, you can also consult the astrology section to determine which stone would be best suited for a particular type of energy. For instance, I have used black onyx stones extensively in Saturn-related workings.
I have also used the stones with the squares in a similar fashion.
One cool thing you can do is go find them in Nature. Try to find a list of the areas where you can find specific kinds of stones.
Interesting, thank you for sharing your experience.
I held some stones today. Peridot, which evokes a pleasant feeling. Onyx felt tense/fearful, feels saturnine in the malefic sense. Obsidian I felt nothing, totally inert. Not sure if it was authentic obsidian or if that was simply another facet of saturnine energies. I also held what I think was plain white quartz. Feels like an amplifier or focus.
It sounds like you're saying that crystals generally seem to be best used as a focal point. Or to absorb excess energies during a 40 day working and act as a battery between meditations.
Would you then use separate stones for different purposes, or could you use one and purify it before repurposing it when the working is completed?
For example, an onyx or obsidian stone used for white magic with nauthiz, then later purified and used for black magic(not concurrently, obviously, so the energies don't intermingle).
Or should it be dedicated to one working altogether, instead of multiple workings, even if they are similar?
Korpi wrote: existentialcrisis wrote: See here, Re: Gems, crystal, stone books?Full site ↗ - Shadowcat
PDF Downloads (Click "GET" to DL)
The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to CrystalsExternal ↗
Crystals: A Complete Guide to Crystals and Color HealingExternal ↗#3 ThurisazExternal ↗ - BloodstoneExternal ↗ and HematiteExternal ↗
#4 AnsuzExternal ↗ - Lapis LazuliExternal ↗
#6 KenazExternal ↗ - Fire AgateExternal ↗ and Fire OpalExternal ↗
#7 GeboExternal ↗ - EmeraldExternal ↗ and JadeExternal ↗
#8 WUNJOExternal ↗ - TopazExternal ↗ and Rose QuartzExternal ↗
#10 NauthizExternal ↗ - ObsidianExternal ↗
#12 JeraExternal ↗ - Moss AgateExternal ↗
#13 EihwazExternal ↗ - Smoky QuartzExternal ↗
#14 PerthroExternal ↗ - OnyxExternal ↗
#15 AlgizExternal ↗ - Black TourmalineExternal ↗
#16 SOWILOExternal ↗ - DiamondExternal ↗
#17 TiwazExternal ↗ - BloodstoneExternal ↗ and HematiteExternal ↗
#20 MannazExternal ↗ - AmethystExternal ↗
#22 IngwazExternal ↗ - IvoryExternal ↗
#24 ÖdhalExternal ↗ - Petrified WoodExternal ↗See also, Rune SecretsExternal ↗
A few links I have saved over time.
Mineralogy DatabaseExternal ↗
MindatExternal ↗
Handbook of MineralogyExternal ↗
Mineralogical Society of AmericaExternal ↗
Thank you for organizing this list.
Shadowcat wrote: The crystal bible by Judy Hall is good. There is a one and two. Our runes page will help you pair the proper crystals with the proper runes to amplify workings also, along with this. Using pointed crystals will help you direct energy to external targets.
Lunar Dance 666 wrote: Shadowcat wrote: The crystal bible by Judy Hall is good. There is a one and two. ...
And three.
There's also a third version of the book. But I am not sure of its value over the first 2.
Cheers!
Shadowcat wrote:
Same here! When the ritual came out I was learning about crystals and I asked for His assistance in that regard, I learned a great deal about stones and crystals and had an overall great experience.
existentialcrisis wrote:
Based on my experience, I believe that stones do not inherently possess any power. If you perceive any sensations while handling stones, it is either a result of your own mind deceiving you, or someone has intentionally or unintentionally infused the stone with energy. This is why it is essential to thoroughly cleanse stones before use. I do not believe that stones contain energies from planets, but rather they are naturally compatible and can more readily absorb certain types of energy.
Using different stones for white magic and black magic is a good idea. Do not use the same, especially if you're not that experienced. You also have to be careful about how you actually store these negative stones. You can't just have them nearby because they are radioactive, you either do a massive cleaning or you find something that will contain these energies. You could use black tourmaline stones, grind them into sand and put the negative stones there, infuse the sand with the algiz rune and program it to contain the energies from the negative stones. That's just an idea.
It is also a good idea to state your intentions clearly for what you want the stone to do, use your affirmations for this, if you find that your own willpower alone is not enough to guide the energies.
If you're not experienced with manipulating energies, and/or not experienced with black magick, do not mess around with something that could potentially hurt you.
BlackOnyx8 wrote:
It sounds like perhaps you (and your girlfriend) were inadvertently draining the crystals.
I use stones without charging, and they definitely have an effect on me. It was NOT my mind deceiving me. This goes for random crystals I've found, not charged by anyone. Crystals, by their very nature, continuously generate their own energy (most, not all).
Cleaning in water is legit, just run it under tap water for a few seconds. Not all stones though, some are water soluble. You can see and feel the negative energy leaving them.
Lydia [JG wrote: " post_id=441473 time=1683643991 user_id=57]
BlackOnyx8 wrote: It sounds like perhaps you (and your girlfriend) were inadvertently draining the crystals.
I use stones without charging, and they definitely have an effect on me. It was NOT my mind deceiving me. This goes for random crystals I've found, not charged by anyone. Crystals, by their very nature, continuously generate their own energy (most, not all).
Cleaning in water is legit, just run it under tap water for a few seconds. Not all stones though, some are water soluble. You can see and feel the negative energy leaving them.
Interesting. This changes my whole perspective on crystals. I will look into this, thanks.
BlackOnyx8 wrote: Interesting. This changes my whole perspective on crystals. I will look into this, thanks.
I actually sat and thought for a while before replying, thinking over all the crystals I've worked with.
Try to tune into it, allow your energy to match up with the crystal, rather than absorbing its energy. (Short on time, so I can't write more, but meditate on this :) )
BlackOnyx8 wrote: Lydia [JG wrote: " post_id=441473 time=1683643991 user_id=57]
BlackOnyx8 wrote: It sounds like perhaps you (and your girlfriend) were inadvertently draining the crystals.
I use stones without charging, and they definitely have an effect on me. It was NOT my mind deceiving me. This goes for random crystals I've found, not charged by anyone. Crystals, by their very nature, continuously generate their own energy (most, not all).
Cleaning in water is legit, just run it under tap water for a few seconds. Not all stones though, some are water soluble. You can see and feel the negative energy leaving them.
Interesting. This changes my whole perspective on crystals. I will look into this, thanks.
I thought Id share some of my experiences with crystals.. I had them before I dedicated too. Some changed appearance to me, in example the carnelian looked like it was on fire by the changes of it, as if it was alive.
And I felt its warmth. My body was much warmer than usual.
In another, the colors grouped up. After a few days I could feel the cleansing ability as if that what was hanging around me suddenly moved down or was even erased.
They interact with you.
I suppose running it through clear fresh spring water would be the best considering the fact that water also retains memories of what it went through.
But not everyone has access to this so just do what you can.
In the ToZ rune section, some of the runes don’t mention a crystal. Does anyone know which crystals would go well with the following runes:
Fehu
Uruz
Raidho
Hagl
Isa
Berkano
Ehwaz
Logr
Dagaz
Othal
Update. I have handled some new crystals. I'll share a few of my impressions.
Obsidian
Earlier I mentioned that one time I held "obsidian" and felt nothing from it, as if it was an inert piece of resin. I have a specimen of obsidian from a more reputable seeming vendor that lists the sources for its products and I can say that I definitely feel something from it. It seems solid and grounding, and I can see why Nauthiz is linked to this stone. (Side note - I also had "black tourmaline" from the same vendor as the previous sample of obsidian and did not feel much with it, although it was definitely a rock).
Granted, this specimen is more substantial than the obsidian I held previously, but I have held other small stones of various kinds before that I have clearly sensed the energy of. Goes to show that you must do your research on vendors out there and experience things yourself when possible, especially for magical supplies, to be sure you are getting something authentic and trustworthy.
Turquoise
The feeling I get from this one is sweetness and peace. I feel like this one would be good for love, charm, social or Wunjo related workings. My first impression is that it represents a combination of venus and jupiter energies. Maybe a little sun?
Moonstone
This one feels lovely. Soft & feminine, much like Luna. Although it's white like the moon, it has a beautiful indigo sheen in the light. I think this would be a wonderful aid in trance or meditation, especially for working with the upper chakras, and the 6th in particular.
Interestingly, for me, it feels better in the left hand. Almost like it's more harmonious than in the right hand. Has anyone else had this sensation? Is it dependent on your handedness?
I haven't used these in magic yet, but these are my impressions so far. I used to be a little skeptical about crystals but my mind is more open to them now. Some of the crystals listed for the runes feel pretty much exactly like you'd expect based on the rune they're associated with.
Legendary Creature wrote: In the ToZ rune section, some of the runes don’t mention a crystal. Does anyone know which crystals would go well with the following runes:
Fehu
Uruz
Raidho
Hagl
Isa
Berkano
Ehwaz
Logr
Dagaz
Othal
Othal is listed as being petrified wood
RaeTh is literally movement
existentialcrisis wrote: ......
The left hand is related more to the Magnetic/contracting/"feminine"/yin and the right hand is more related to the Electric/expansive/"masculine"/yang. Energy is drawn into your left hand and out of your right hand.
You are feeling that the energy of the stone is more similar and related to the energy currents which flow in the left hand.
Ol argedco luciftias wrote: existentialcrisis wrote: ......
The left hand is related more to the Magnetic/contracting/"feminine"/yin and the right hand is more related to the Electric/expansive/"masculine"/yang. Energy is drawn into your left hand and out of your right hand.
You are feeling that the energy of the stone is more similar and related to the energy currents which flow in the left hand.
I like to put my own energy into crystals by doing energy breathing and then breathing it directly into the crystal through my right hand. (I hold the crystal in my right hand and direct my energy into the crystal). I get good results from it and I figure the energies harmonize with me better and work better since they originate from me. What do you think would happen if I held it in my left hand and drew the energy into myself and then the stone using energy breathing? A more magnetic effect maby? Kindly advise please. (The stone is red jasper I used it for control and stability)
Lunaria wrote: ......
I don't know much about the effects of different stones.
But I think it would be good to draw energy from the stone into yourself through your left hand, and from yourself into the stone through your right hand.
Ol argedco luciftias wrote: Lunaria wrote: ......
I don't know much about the effects of different stones.
But I think it would be good to draw energy from the stone into yourself through your left hand, and from yourself into the stone through your right hand.
Okay. I will keep this in mind. Thank you
NeonBlue wrote:View source I like to put my own energy into crystals by doing energy breathing and then breathing it directly into the crystal through my right hand. (I hold the crystal in my right hand and direct my energy into the crystal). I get good results from it and I figure the energies harmonize with me better and work better since they originate from me. What do you think would happen if I held it in my left hand and drew the energy into myself and then the stone using energy breathing? A more magnetic effect maby? Kindly advise please. (The stone is red jasper I used it for control and stability)
I've heard people talking about putting stones under your pillow as you sleep to attune them to your soul or something. I don't remember where I saw this or how true it is or what that would do.
I did leave my black tourmaline chunk in the sun and using it feels better now. Less like a prop.