How to handle aggrressive dog

Pet Care. Discussion of topics in relation to animals. Animal care information exchange/support. Support for Animal Rights.

Lilith is the Patron Goddess for this group. She asked that this group be opened. Lilith loves animals and is very strong in support for ethical treatment of animals and for animal rights. All of our Gods love animals, and many have chosen certain animals as their symbol to represent them, such as Satan, the peacock, the serpent; Lilith, the owl; Horus, the falcon; Anubis, the jackal and dogs. Animals are sacred in Satanism.

This group is for Joy of Satan members who have pets, and who care for animals. Satanism is living in harmony with nature and having respect for other creatures that inhabit this planet, along with respect and care for the environment.

This is a support group for assisting with knowledge in regards to animal nutrition, proper care and for animal rights.

Moderator: HPS Shannon

Little Wolf
Posts: 15

How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Little Wolf » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi, everyone!
I have a female dog. She's a mongrel. I've had her for 3 years now. About a year ago, I adopted a small cihuahua. They seemed to get along pretty well. They play together, sleep together with me, but sometimes they fight over food or toy. One day, they got into a fight and the cihuahua sadly died of heart attack.
After that, my dog seemed to be more aggressive towards other dog. I adopted a new female mixed beagle and cihuahua into the family, it's been 3 months. They did not get along. I tried many things to make my older dog to get calm and be more "social", just like dogs doing dog things.
Last week they got into a fight and the younger dog got broken bones. I already took her to the vet and get her surgery. But this leaves me into the desperate state. I started to get scared that my dog is dangerous. Has anyone know how to handle an aggressive dog?
Thank's in advance for your response

User avatar
HPS Shannon
Posts: 649

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby HPS Shannon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Little Wolf wrote:Hi, everyone!
I have a female dog. She's a mongrel. I've had her for 3 years now. About a year ago, I adopted a small cihuahua. They seemed to get along pretty well. They play together, sleep together with me, but sometimes they fight over food or toy. One day, they got into a fight and the cihuahua sadly died of heart attack.
After that, my dog seemed to be more aggressive towards other dog. I adopted a new female mixed beagle and cihuahua into the family, it's been 3 months. They did not get along. I tried many things to make my older dog to get calm and be more "social", just like dogs doing dog things.
Last week they got into a fight and the younger dog got broken bones. I already took her to the vet and get her surgery. But this leaves me into the desperate state. I started to get scared that my dog is dangerous. Has anyone know how to handle an aggressive dog?
Thank's in advance for your response


When you brought home the new dog, did you introduce them too quickly? Also, its unfortunate to say that some dogs will not get along with each other. It also deals with the temperament of the dog. Ive met cat who just dont get along with other cats.

Is the bigger dog naturally aggressive in general?

HailVictory88
Posts: 263

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby HailVictory88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 am

Does the dog have any of the pit bull-type breeds or Rottweiler in them? Those breeds can have unique problems with aggression and violence.

Little Wolf
Posts: 15

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Little Wolf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:30 pm

HPS Shannon wrote:
Little Wolf wrote:Hi, everyone!
I have a female dog. She's a mongrel. I've had her for 3 years now. About a year ago, I adopted a small cihuahua. They seemed to get along pretty well. They play together, sleep together with me, but sometimes they fight over food or toy. One day, they got into a fight and the cihuahua sadly died of heart attack.
After that, my dog seemed to be more aggressive towards other dog. I adopted a new female mixed beagle and cihuahua into the family, it's been 3 months. They did not get along. I tried many things to make my older dog to get calm and be more "social", just like dogs doing dog things.
Last week they got into a fight and the younger dog got broken bones. I already took her to the vet and get her surgery. But this leaves me into the desperate state. I started to get scared that my dog is dangerous. Has anyone know how to handle an aggressive dog?
Thank's in advance for your response


When you brought home the new dog, did you introduce them too quickly? Also, its unfortunate to say that some dogs will not get along with each other. It also deals with the temperament of the dog. Ive met cat who just dont get along with other cats.

Is the bigger dog naturally aggressive in general?


When I brought her home, I put her (the younger dog) in the yard, then I put her in a cage, but inside the house. I did research on how to handle aggrressive dogs, it worked for sometime, but still the older dogs attack when I start doing something and I did not watch them carefully.
I personally did not believe that dogs do not get along with each other because mammals are naturally live in packs. But after watching my dog like this, I can't lie to myself that I do have this scary feelings in my heart.
My dogs are aggressive towards cats, rats (she hunted pest rats in the house), she hunts lizards also sometimes. But with another dog, I would say she's just having social anxiety or something. She went well with the first cihuahua, the heart attack was unfortunate and an accident, I do not believe she tried to kill her. She did not even sleep in my room for weeks after the small cihuahua died. (We slept together in my room).

User avatar
Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 1504
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm

How would you feel if someone you don't know moved into your house one day and you couldn't do anything to stop them? Your home is your dog's home too, she is very protective of this.
:D :P :mrgreen: Click my link: :mrgreen: :P :D
https://mega.nz/#F!vsVhBQbK!4_NoFzwxnmi5Q2ZW3JE86A
Books, videos, and articals to help you! :P
Image

Malin_Baze
Posts: 3

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Malin_Baze » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

The dog must be anxious, about a new animal presence in the house. I think that the dogs need to be re-introduced to each other, this time carefully step-by-step to correct any agressive behaviour in the dog and show it that there is another way of reacting and being with the new family dogs: being calm and friendly around them (and not agressive).

If you ask me, I would suggest you to look into Cesar Milan's videos/books on how it is done. Have you looked into them?

Little Wolf
Posts: 15

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Little Wolf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Ol argedco luciftias wrote:How would you feel if someone you don't know moved into your house one day and you couldn't do anything to stop them? Your home is your dog's home too, she is very protective of this.


My dog does not bite people. I believe she understand that "humans" are basically just like her owner. She respects.
She only bites other dogs.
She usually just bark and if the guests calm down, she just sat down and calm down too

Little Wolf
Posts: 15

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Little Wolf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Malin_Baze wrote:The dog must be anxious, about a new animal presence in the house. I think that the dogs need to be re-introduced to each other, this time carefully step-by-step to correct any agressive behaviour in the dog and show it that there is another way of reacting and being with the new family dogs: being calm and friendly around them (and not agressive).

If you ask me, I would suggest you to look into Cesar Milan's videos/books on how it is done. Have you looked into them?


I did Cesar Millan marathon and it worked for a while. She was actually willing to share the home (not claiming anymore) but she's still claiming her favorit spot to hang.
I guess I push her to hard. after she is willing to share the home with her little sister, I push her to be "friends" with the younger dog but she refused
Now because they're relationship is minus I need to get even more slower introducing them anymore.
This has gone better so far, but I still saw the anxiety on my dog's face when the younger dog gets exciting and running around. My dog licked her face. That's a sign of anxiety and I know it will end up in aggression. So I still need more time before I can put them together again freely

User avatar
Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 1504
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Little Wolf wrote:
Ol argedco luciftias wrote:How would you feel if someone you don't know moved into your house one day and you couldn't do anything to stop them? Your home is your dog's home too, she is very protective of this.


My dog does not bite people. I believe she understand that "humans" are basically just like her owner. She respects.
She only bites other dogs.
She usually just bark and if the guests calm down, she just sat down and calm down too

That's what I mean, the other dog she doesn't know moved into her house and her territory was invaded.

Animals can feel people's energy. If people are happy dogs are happy, and if people are scared the dog is scared too and then it could be upset or bite. If she feels you being worried that the dogs won't have a happy meeting then that could make the dog more worried too.
:D :P :mrgreen: Click my link: :mrgreen: :P :D
https://mega.nz/#F!vsVhBQbK!4_NoFzwxnmi5Q2ZW3JE86A
Books, videos, and articals to help you! :P
Image

Little Wolf
Posts: 15

Re: How to handle aggrressive dog

Postby Little Wolf » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:53 am

Ol argedco luciftias wrote:
Little Wolf wrote:
Ol argedco luciftias wrote:How would you feel if someone you don't know moved into your house one day and you couldn't do anything to stop them? Your home is your dog's home too, she is very protective of this.


My dog does not bite people. I believe she understand that "humans" are basically just like her owner. She respects.
She only bites other dogs.
She usually just bark and if the guests calm down, she just sat down and calm down too

That's what I mean, the other dog she doesn't know moved into her house and her territory was invaded.

Animals can feel people's energy. If people are happy dogs are happy, and if people are scared the dog is scared too and then it could be upset or bite. If she feels you being worried that the dogs won't have a happy meeting then that could make the dog more worried too.


It's true. She's an alpha. The younger dog is kind of fancy her but scared of her. That's why she feel even more powerful


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests