Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation mistake to avoid (short set method)

Jack

I'd have been making this mistake for a long time and I wanted people to know this. As the forums grow ,more and more people are coming for advice.
I call this the short set method. Do not do this mistake.

What this means is blitzkrieging through a meditation session without patient concentration on the energy generated. It looks something like this... Say your doing a meditation session. You begin with doing yoga and you skip the most important part that is lying still and feeling the energy for some minutes. Then you immediately go to mantra work and do raum or aop by any other way and do short sets of different mantras without focus and without feeling the energy generated after for some minutes. Feeling is most important
Have some time in your day where you are still while sitting and lying still and do void meditation. It can be contemplation on the energy which serves dual purpose of any working your doing and stilling the mind. You should have such selective focus like your still and undisturbed in the mental level in a loud nightclub as well as in the home surrounded by four walls. Not that you'd go to a nightclub randomly one day.

I cannot stress this enough. I only started seeing colors in my third eye after I stopped doing the short set method and started focusing on the energy generated for ample time. Patience ,perseverance and consistency is needed. Every day in any meditation session you should be generating some amount of energy and then contemplating on it I.e feeling it for an extended Period of time as a form of void meditation. This is key.

Thanks for this, I've noticed I was also running into this very same issue and ever since I started focusing on the feeling of the working that its been way more effective.

Zygisrko said:
Thanks for this, I've noticed I was also running into this very same issue and ever since I started focusing on the feeling of the working that its been way more effective.
Welcome brother

Jack said:
I'd have been making this mistake for a long time and I wanted people to know this. As the forums grow ,more and more people are coming for advice.

What this means is blitzkrieging through a meditation session without patient concentration on the energy generated. It looks something like this... Say your doing a meditation session. You begin with doing yoga and you skip the most important part that is lying still and feeling the energy for some minutes. Then you immediately go to mantra work and do raum or aop by any other way and do short sets of different mantras without focus and without feeling the energy generated after for some minutes. Feeling is most important
Have some time in your day where you are still while sitting and lying still and do void meditation. It can be contemplation on the energy which serves dual purpose of any working your doing and stilling the mind. You should have such selective focus like your still and undisturbed in the mental level in a loud nightclub as well as in the home surrounded by four walls. Not that you'd go to a nightclub randomly one day.

I cannot stress this enough. I only started seeing colors in my third eye after I stopped doing the short set method and started focusing on the energy generated for ample time. Patience ,perseverance and consistency is needed. Every day in any meditation session you should be generating some amount of energy and then contemplating on it I.e feeling it for an extended Period of time as a form of void meditation. This is key.

I used to do this also. Completely agree.

Jack said:

This is great advice!

I ran into this problem not too long ago as well. I was zipping through a mantra meditation and I suddenly realised I wasn't even feeling the low pulses or tingling sensations of energy at all anywhere in my body, let alone any fast vibrations which is the intention of the meditation and what it used to do in the past. I wondered how long I had been going through the motions like that, or if it was just today and that I had gained self-awareness. Either way, it felt disgraceful. Doing the meditations properly as you outlined makes a world of readily noticeable difference.

This reminder of yours along with another reminder I've seen of raising energy before performing workings has really helped me. Thank you so much.

Absolutely I agree . I think that feeling and trying to channel the energy is neglected especially by new members like me but it is very important.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back