Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Valentines Day Message

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I read the reason Dracula was imprisoned was because the King of Hungary had spent all the money for the army instead and didn't want to fight the Turks.

BlueLight said:
HP Mageson666 said:
What does Dracula actually mean in Romanian? Some state it means "Son of the Dragon". This is debated over here.

BlueLight said:
What about Dragobete? It's a Romanian celebration of love that can be compared to St. Valentine's Day. But it's something national and takes place on 24th of February. There are a lot of Romanians who get offended by Valentine's Day being celebrated in our country because of it.

Dragobete is an incredibly old celebration. It's been around since the ancient days. Dragobete was a dacian God and the equivalent of Cupid/Eros. So the the holiday is has heavy pagan roots. Xians have tried to turn it into a holiday of their own, tho.

Oh I am so sorry, I mixed up your sermon on Vlad Tepes with one of HoodedCobra's. I'm really sorry for that.

HP Mageson666 said:
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I read the reason Dracula was imprisoned was because the King of Hungary had spent all the money for the army instead and didn't want to fight the Turks.

BlueLight said:
HP Mageson666 said:
What does Dracula actually mean in Romanian? Some state it means "Son of the Dragon". This is debated over here.

Oh I am so sorry, I mixed up your sermon on Vlad Tepes with one of HoodedCobra's. I'm really sorry for that.

That might actually be the truth. And there is a reason behind that. The educational system is pushing a lot of dubious things around right now and they've did it as well in the past.

Just like the idea of the Latin origins or our kind - it is known here, historically, that our Latin blood comes from the period of Roman dominaiton after the wars that took place in 101-102, 105-106 in Dacia.

But the thing is, the Roman Empire only conquered around... I can't remember the exact procent. Around 20% of Dacia? Might be less. Only enough to reach the resources they actually needed.

And they've only been around for a couple hundreds of years. Taking that into consideration, even with a heavily process of romanization, it would've been impossible for our language to be so heavily based on Latin.

It's been recently discovered that things might he very different. It is said that the Emperor Traian and Decebal, the Dacian king, were able to understand each other and communicate. And that Traian referred to us as their brothers.

I'm quite sure this has been discussed before on the forums.

Of course, I couldn't even try to tell my history about this. He'd explode with rage.

The same thing can easily apply to other aspects of history.

Just because it's written in a textbook doesn't mean it's real.

But it is intriguing. Mainly because he was in good relations with Stephen the Great, Moldova's ruler. So if you'd like to find out more about this aspect, idea recommend studying his relations with Matei Corvin as well.

That being said, what you've read might very well be true.

Also, speaking about history. What do you think of
Publius Ovidious Naso? I'm reading his work and he is quite the interesting poet. He was exiled to Tomis - now known as Constanta in Romania - by the Emperor August. No one truly knows the reason why.

Matthias Corvinus was a christian puppet and was an enemy of the Dracula family, in fact his father John Hunyadi allied himself with the (((boyars))) and attacked Wallachia in an ambush with his army, in this attack the father of Dracula Vlad and his brother Mircea was killed.

HP Mageson666 said:

BlueLight said:
HP Mageson666 said:

BlueLight said:
HP Mageson666 said:

BlueLight said:

Publius Ovidious Naso? I'm reading his work and he is quite the interesting poet. He was exiled to Tomis - now known as Constanta in Romania - by the Emperor August. No one truly knows the reason why..
Im reading his metamorphosis books right now, I really like them!:)

Aquarius said:
BlueLight said:
HP Mageson666 said:

Publius Ovidious Naso? I'm reading his work and he is quite the interesting poet. He was exiled to Tomis - now known as Constanta in Romania - by the Emperor August. No one truly knows the reason why..
Im reading his metamorphosis books right now, I really like them!:)

Oh, that's awesome! I plan on reading them once I'm done with his work from the exile.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back