Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Lucid dreams and astral projection

Poweredbythesun said:
If I may ask, does anyone know of any good books or resources for interpreting dreams?

Aside from the question, not much has changed these past (almost) 2 weeks. Though I've become more lucid in dreams, and have become MUCH more adept at remembering my dreams. I still have yet to fully lucid dream, but there was an experience I had just the other night that makes me happy;

I was in a hospital for some reason, and there was this machine that 'healed' you or something else through your fingers. And as the doctors had me use this machine, it shot a thousand or so volts into me. But this did nothing to me, and I only kept draining the machine of it's power while the doctors looked at me in horror. But before I could react (as I had just become lucid) I was pulled out if the dream and my Solar Plexus chakra was spinning pretty fast with tons of energy.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this, but this is one of the many 'odd' dreams I've been having lately. They're becoming more vivid for sure though, and I'm sure with more practice I'll be able to Lucidly dream.

Thank you for reading, hope to hear from you all soon :)

I would strongly discourage the use of books as a source of information as well as superstitious ''studies'' or anything regarding Lucid Dreams where you have to spend money; you can find everything you need to know online just as I have over my 5 years of studying it.

Since you've become better at remembering your dreams now I can tell you what your next step should be. Reality checks. Reality checks are exactly what they sound like, to check whether you're in 'reality' or in a dream.

List of Reality Checks
Here are many ways you can check to see if you are dreaming or awake:

1. Plug your nose and attempt to breathe through your nose. Be careful not to blow too hard or hurt your ears.

2. Try to turn on a light switch. If it doesn't turn on, it could very well be a dream.

3. If you have tattoos look to see if they are still there.

4. If you wear a ring, or something else all day everyday, and they are not there it can signal you are in a dream.

5. If you find yourself underwater and are able to breathe, you are dreaming.

6. Look at any text or writing, look away then look back again. If it has changed or is shifting then you are dreaming.

7. Put your hand through a wall. This is one of the best ones.

8. Look in the mirror. If the shape is off, weird, or shifting then you are dreaming.

I suggest doing research on reality checks as there is a huge variety of different ways they can be done. Reality checks will fail when dreaming, meaning they will not do what is expected according to science or logic, and this determines whether you are dreaming or not. When doing reality checks, however, you must always seriously question whether you are actually dreaming and you should make it a habit of your day.

I had limited success using reality checks. What worked for me was the WILD method (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming). It's like the web of reality rips up, and I enter directly into the dream world with full awareness. It's incredibly effective.

I put an alarm to ring at 4:00 AM, when I wake up, I immediately get comfortable, I lie still and start paying attention at what I can see, not continuously, but often enough. As deep relaxation sets in and messy movement behind the eyelids turn into faint geometric shapes, I concentrate on the image, and then I get teleported to a different world.

Thanks for the advice Ghost :D

I've started doing reality checks more often now :) It's weird looking back on some of my dreams too, most as of late have been about things I read about (Like the crystal pyramids in the Bermuda triangle), my favorite video games, or my family (even though I haven't visited with them for weeks now).

As well, I've started learning to read Tarrot cards. This has brought some more clarity to my waking life, and I enjoyed sleeping with the cards under my pillow to charge them.

As for progress I've made lately; I did almost astral project last night, but rather than waking up in a dream. I woke up as my chakras started to open, releasing my light body. It was weird, half of my body was cold, but it all stopped and I fully woke up after I realized what was happening :(

There's one reality check that has never failed me and made me become lucid every time I did it in a dream.
It's to count your fingers on one hand. Every time I had like 6.
Also when I was training to lucid dream being younger my friend told me that clocks are also
a very good reality check because they'll never display time properly in a dream.
Be it a normal or digital one.

I recall in a lucid dream I made a while ago I wanted to do as in the movie Inception and I bent
the whole street in front a me giving it a 90 degrees angle. However, unlike in the movie I forgot
to will the gravity to go accordingly and everything ( cars, people, houses ) began to fall down
and I was so shocked like omg what have I done... x')

I immediately willed everything to disappear and I found myself into pitch black nothingness.
Then, I recalled the deep trance meditation and willed myself to feel like floating since I don't manage to achieve such a feeling awake and it worked. It felt as if I was overcharging and being struck by lightning but in a good way. It was so overwhelming I woke up seconds later. :cry:

I'm trying (without getting success) the Monroe Technique (I think it's called).
Before falling asleep I just focus on the darkness I see with my eyes closed and try to keep my mind awake while the body falls asleep.

The idea of making reality checks a habit in the real world is so they transfer into the dream world as a habit as well so it's much more likely you'll do one and then become lucid. The dream journal bit is important because if you can't remember your regular dreams very well, then you won't remember your lucid dreams either. That's why you should always write down your dreams no matter how weird, strange or bizarre they are...

... gods know I keep my dream journal under lock and key, dna scanner and segregated puzzle passwords, because my dreams are WEIRD.

I sometimes do and do not have control of whether I lucid dream or not. For me the astral is when I leave my body and see how far I can travel before I come back to my body. The last time I astrally projected too far away I saw an angel, got scared, and went back to my body. Overcoming the fear response of the enemy can be a big task. Anyways on the topic of Lucid dreaming... I was wondering some things.

Do any of you Lucid dream for what is days to months on end in the dream world?

This happens to me sometimes. I literally have a wild adventure that lasts days, weeks, or even months. I fade in and out of full lucidity in these dreams, but I dont like full lucidity, thats boring to just be in a black canvas and do whatever you want at will, and if I do gain full lucidity I like it to be in the middle of a dream I didn't previously have control over. I want mystery, excitement, fighting, fucking, characters that act against my will, etc I prefer to have control of my character in a dream, but not the dream itself.

The most amazing thing that I'm able to in lucid dreams very rarely is be able to fuck without end and have an orgasm without waking up, and continue the dream. Its happened to me a few times, and if anybody has tips on how to do this better, I'd much appreciate it.

SdD said:
Poweredbythesun said:
Kitsune?
Asian? You…

In short, I'm missing something somewhere. I have a basic timeline for my past lives, but Japan or Japanese culture does not fit into it.

Perhaps Lilly just takes/took the form of a Kitsune because it would stand out in my dreams? I know I was shocked to see her at first, it about pulled me out of my dream XD

I'm also not a Furry, so it's not something that makes sense to me logically. Though my current spirit animal is a White Wolf

Also, a bit of an update:

I almost Astral projected last night :D I 'woke up' just as the detachment process was happening, felt the cold, the floating, and even saw some stuff. But I was unable to fully astral project :(

I wanted to add this book in-case anyone wants to try the method in it. There's some mention of the bible in it but does not affect his presentation. From what I've read the author wrote it from his own experience and that from training others. He refers to astral projection, out of body experience, and lucid dreaming all as "The Phase".

I had luck with his method when nothing else really worked and this one was surprisingly easy. In short, you wake up early and go back to bed with the intention of waking up multiple times to attempt to leave the body. When you wake up you're in a state where it's easier to project with separation methods. It's pretty practical

Step 1
On a night before a free day when you won't have to wake up early, go to bed at your usual time and set your alarm so that you'll only sleep for about 6 hours.

Step 2
After 3 to 50 minutes of being awake, go back to bed and concentrate your attention on how you will perform cycles of indirect techniques upon each subsequent awakening in order to leave your body and implement your prepared plan of action. No need to set the alarm clock this time. Each subsequent awakening should occur naturally. Meanwhile, focus your attention on how you're going to try to wake up without moving your physical body. This isn't mandatory, but it will substantially increase the effectiveness of the indirect techniques.Now, sleep for 2 to 4 hours, but take advantage of natural awakenings that occur during this period of time. They will happen much more often than usual. After each attempt -whether successful or not -you must fall back asleep with that very same intention of waking up and trying again. In this way, you can make many attempts over the course of a single morning. Up to a quarter of those attempts will be successful, even for novices (70 to 95% of them will be successful for experienced practitioners).

Step 3
Each time you wake up again, try not to move or open your eyes. Instead, immediately try to separate from your body.

Step 4
If immediate separation doesn't work out - which would become apparent after 3-5 seconds - start right then and there to alternate between 2 to 3 of the techniques that are most straightforward to you, until one of them works. When this happens, you can try to separate again. Choose 2 to 3 of the following five techniques so that you can alternate through them during awakenings

Step 5
Fall back asleep if you can after each attempt (whether successful or not) in order to make another attempt to leave your body upon your next awakening.

I tried this for three consecutive days and had success with it in the last two. The first time lasted about 10 seconds and the second time lasted much shorter but I was nonetheless out of body. In each it was extremely vivid - I could feel the sun on my skin, the wind fluttering my shirt, the sounds all around me, and realistic taste

If anyone tries it, I'd like to know how it went for them

https://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

VLTRA said:

This is very similar to the Wake Back to Bed technique. There's a variety of different methods people can use in order to lucid dream, but personally for me the habit of reality checks has worked the most. I would preform one in a dream and then become conscious inside of the dream. Another thing that helps me lucid dream is simply meditating on my astral senses and related chakras.

Meditating for lengthy amounts of time on my 6th chakra just before bed makes me have very vivid dreams, so vivid that I actually recognize I am dreaming seemingly automatically even when nothing bizarre or unrealistic occurred to give it away.

Edelwise said:
Aquarius said:
Edelwise said:
Not related but your avatar is soo awesome!

Aww, Thank you! :)
SB%2BMeme.jpg

You’re welcome;)

I suppose I could tell you that eventually you won't need the dream journal. To lucid dream but then again I've been lucid dreaming for the last 10 or so years. Its truly a beautiful thing.

Hail Satan.

I've delved into lucid dreaming and Astral Projecting since getting the internet in 1999. But never been truly successful as a onerionaut(master lucid dreamer). AP well that is very tough with the inability to trance myself it's almost only accidental as what occurred to me in a few occasions accidental projection or dreams which I AP inside of them.

But I do have a few questions for you people whom have a habitual LD/AP capacity.

Do dreams and astral projection become so real it's an extension of your day? In other words how conscious are you is it like literal waking life?

I ask because yes I become lucid in my dreams but it's all distorted for example. I have a lot of AP dreams whereby I wake up in bed(no not AP as in the body is in the bed but rather I literally wake up inside the dream) and walk out of my house or go through objects as in a few dreams I've had. I notice I distort almost like blacking out to the next room. I open the door and it feels all fake and odd.

I also notice that upon waking lucid dreams last seconds to a few minutes less than 3-5 minutes at most due to the consciousness taking over and waking me up. Funny enough waking up I forget the dream. It's almost like my mind works like RAM, it loses electrical support and deletes the dream from my mind. And it's happened quite a lot whereby I go throughout my day and information pops in describing the dream and I write it down.

My best representation of dreaming is I'm just a flying camera and just an observer. I notice I rarely interact only in some dreams do I even communicate with random dream character.

Also is AP like lucid dreaming in that your not fully conscious and distort or is AP as lucid as waking life?

My main ideas with LD and AP is that it allows me to live my life longer and do things while waiting to wake up. I'm aware this is probably an intense advanced spiritualist level of development. But if anyone can AP or LD without advancing in meditation. Although even the act of trying LD like dream entering or methods as well as AP practice it's all just annoying. My entire day falls unto me and I just want to go to sleep.

I'd personally like to AP and have been desiring for many years but it's quite daunting the skillset required to simply even just put yourself in preparation for the act of AP. What can I say over two decades and still sleep normally, just normal forgotten, semi-remembered dreams. Never AP'd nor LD'd to the point I can prove what others state like dream manipulation or visiting astral temple or simply just doing it for the experience.

Before I came to Satan I was a lucid dreamer. Had been doing it every night for years. I would say gaming helps. So say you play a game for 2-4 hours a night. You'll probably find it easier to wake up. Also just thinking about doing it while going about your day.

There are stages to lucid dreams. Make sure to try out your senses. Do relatity checks. At some point i noticed the best way to stay in a dream was through meditation and remaining calm. So i would sit down wherever i was and meditate for a few minutes.

Lucid dreaming you feel a lot less pain than usual. Lucid dreaming the world is fully lucid and what you can do often depends on what you believe you can do. You believe you can fly you will. You believe you have superspeed you will.

I'm unsure about astral traveling. At this point I probably wouldn't notice a difference in whats the astral world to whats lucid dream world. Unless I see my body in my bed as i leave. About the only thing I had problems with was sex in a lucid dreaming. The physical act itself as the pleasure can rapidly exite you and wake you up. Apart from that my lucid dreams were pretty long and can be used for mental training.

Hello!

Exciting question: Is it possible to enter another person's dream? There are not many sources on this question, and I believe that SS can give a reliable answer.

I used to practice lucid dreaming, so I'm not a complete novice. But I have no experience of entering another person's dream.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back