Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

***JoS Logo proposal***

dafassss

jos-presentazione.png

If you like it, below you can find the .png files :D

favicon-01.png

favicon-02.png

favicon-03.png

favicon-04.png

favicon-05.png

favicon-06.png

HEADBANNER-2-grigio-scuro.png

HEADBANNER-2-italy-grigio-scuro.png

HEADBANNER-2-oro.png

HEADBANNER-2-italy-oro.png

HEADBANNER-2-rosso.png

HEADBANNER-2-italy-rosso.png

The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason. The J could use some toughening up to be less smooth, it doesn't feel strong now if that makes sense. Or the lower curvy part of the J could be used as stylised wadjet eye (just a random idea). Would replacing the y with a Satan sigil look any good ?! Or changing the tail like it could dash towards the left or make a sowilo perhaps?

Your other letters look gorgeous. The snake S has my approval.
The t has also some potential to turn into a Satan sigil (his sigil with the cup). Or (incoming great idea) you could give it a swastika shape (be it nazi or classic hindu), or a celtic cross, or an iron cross. I would love a swastika in there, the other crosses are just filler to seem less political. But we are so openly nazis now that does it even matter anymore ?

Blood red by itself is a nice color imo but I am not convinced when it's only blood red on black background. It may subconsciously not be well taken. Plus it departs from Satan's color scheme (red/blue) and from the red used in other parts of the website. The golden variation..not convinced there.. it's stylish but so.. impersonal ?

Sinistra said:
The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason.

I looked closer and it looks like the usual depictions of the "Devil" stuff.

FlamingRedRose666 said:
Sinistra said:
The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason.

I looked closer and it looks like the usual depictions of the "Devil" stuff.

Tail portion reminds me of the typical Saturnian 'swoop' elements in a lot of modern logos we see out there.

I really love the S :) The a's look good too.

I'm not a fan of that shade of red, it looks faded/dull, not bright like Satanic energy should be. And having it in blue would be great as well, as it is one of Satan's colors. Great work though :)

You want my personal opinion? I do not want change.

I like the old logo, it gives me sense of familiarity and good memories every time I visit forum or the site. That logo has been there since early 2010 when I dedicated, and it still there, I like that.

I just might be old fashioned, but this is still my opinion. You people are free to do as you will.

Hoodedcobra666 said:
I'll incorporate it on some of our media for sure. Pass it over in my e-mail if you will. Thank you.
Wait a bit please, I will make an alternate version (with a swastika and all..) :)

Your ideas are very good, and my commendations on your 2D design skill as well. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

I agree with Lydia in that more blue should be used and the colors should be more vibrant.

Larissa666 said:

I like the old logo, it gives me sense of familiarity and good memories every time I visit forum or the site. That logo has been there since early 2010 when I dedicated, and it still there, I like that.

I just might be old fashioned, but this is still my opinion. You people are free to do as you will.

Yes, I do not believe anything on the main JoS needs a change. I agree on the same grounds as you.

The site is also working perfectly even in windows 98 which is what many places, do STILL use. Most libraries in the world they use either windows 98 or windows XP at this point.

But some new websites of ours could use some media. I think when people see it incorporated they will like it.

Thank you all guys for your feedback :D

The "Y" letter is 90% similar to the actual logo, you can see it clearly.

Why didn't i changed it?

You can find the answer below ;)

serpent-y.png

Hoodedcobra666 said:
Larissa666 said:

Yes, I do not believe anything on the main JoS needs a change. I agree on the same grounds as you.

The site is also working perfectly even in windows 98 which is what many places, do STILL use. Most libraries in the world they use either windows 98 or windows XP at this point.

But some new websites of ours could use some media. I think when people see it incorporated they will like it.

Accessibly should be the most important thing for sure. I do think that more modern design would attract people better for sure, I remember still being at my skeptic phase towards Spiritual Satanism and thinking "Hmm if those people really have spiritual powers then they would invest in a better look" Which was rather immature :D and I've learned not to judge a book by it's cover since then thankfully. Surely there can be some compromise.

Sure we can cut the J and any other changes. But there is just no point to work for no reason. If the authorities in competence want me to do a model or do changes I'll do it according to any fine specifications they give.

dafassss said:
Thank you all guys for your feedback :D

The "Y" letter is 90% similar to the actual logo, you can see it clearly.

Why didn't i changed it?

You can find the answer below ;)

serpent-y.png

I like it as it is, personally.

Embrace the otherworldly serenity that comes in the middle of the night with our new model "The Hour of Witchcraft".
LOGO.jpg

I like both but I'm not sure what's better, maybe the first but the t on Satan should be upside down. Since the original cross is a upside cross, so maybe a + like on the second. I think like the first better, but with a better t. Anyways, all of these are great so good job ⛧

I also think if we update the logo, we should get a new JoS website design

Sinistra said:
Embrace the otherworldly serenity that comes in the middle of the night with our new model "The Hour of Witchcraft".
LOGO.jpg

Looks nicer now :) That makes two good ideas for a different Joy of Satan logo.

I just thought that maybe a good way to settle this is that each translation of the Joy of Satan website could use its own logo. I read that you have been translating the JoS to French, so maybe this logo could be used in the French version of the JoS, while dafassss' logo could be used in the Italian version (I assume he's Italian because some of the examples include the inscription La Gioia di Satana under the logo) and so on. I have been thinking of a logo for the Brazilian version too.

I personally like the current logo, and i don't see a reason why it should be changed. But i would love to see a modernization of the Joy Of Satan site, such as some adjustments in the text fonts, and the graphics, to make it look better aesthetically, and up to date.

FlamingRedRose666 said:
Sinistra said:
exposition-model.png

Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.

The J looks like a resting Bald Eagle! Awesome work! :D
Wow that's a lot of imagination. You know how some children sometimes like to look at the clouds and see stuff. Well I would always be the mood breaker saying "silly it's just a cloud" :lol:

Sinistra said:
FlamingRedRose666 said:
Sinistra said:
exposition-model.png

Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.

The J looks like a resting Bald Eagle! Awesome work! :D
Wow that's a lot of imagination. You know how some children sometimes like to look at the clouds and see stuff. Well I would always be the mood breaker saying "silly it's just a cloud" :lol:

Lol :lol:

I have a very good imagination according to my chart reading from Lydia.

Nice work nevertheless.

Sinistra said:
Red-and-Bakcground-Eagle.jpg

For the eagle lovers out there.

You know what?

That Y looks like my GD Lord Phenex with it's spread wings in a majestic way and a risen head like that of showing off his proudness! :3 :D

a's look like flying ravens to me :D

FlamingRedRose666 said:
Sinistra said:
Red-and-Bakcground-Eagle.jpg

For the eagle lovers out there.

You know what?

That Y looks like my GD Lord Phenex with it's spread wings in a majestic way and a risen head like that of showing off his proudness! :3 :D

a's look like flying ravens to me :D
I took inspiration on the Trishula for the Y.

Scroll up and check out the letters in the JoS logo at the top of the forum page here, and then check out the letters on the "Stormblast" inscription at the bottom of this Dimmu Borgir album cover.

I suspect whoever designed the current official JoS logo may be a Dimmu Borgir fan haha. Or that's just a coincidence.

R-645932-1161441760.jpeg.jpg

Dypet Rod said:
Scroll up and check out the letters in the JoS logo at the top of the forum page here, and then check out the letters on the "Stormblast" inscription at the bottom of this Dimmu Borgir album cover.

I suspect whoever designed the current official JoS logo may be a Dimmu Borgir fan haha. Or that's just a coincidence.

Actually, I just checked older versions of the JoS on Wayback Machine, and I saw that the current logo has been in use since before this version of Stormblast was released. So it's actually the other way around. There is a chance Dimmu Borgir knows the Joy of Satan.

Dypet Rod said:
Dypet Rod said:

Actually, I just checked older versions of the JoS on Wayback Machine, and I saw that the current logo has been in use since before this version of Stormblast was released. So it's actually the other way around. There is a chance Dimmu Borgir knows the Joy of Satan.

Melhor… ou o ilustrador conhece, ou simplesmente usaram a mesma fonte, a não ser que as fontes de JoS sejam originais…

SdD said:
Melhor… ou o ilustrador conhece, ou simplesmente usaram a mesma fonte, a não ser que as fontes de JoS sejam originais…

Sim, algumas das fontes usadas no site podem também ser encontradas pra download em sites especializados em fontes.

Interesting.
It's more likely that it's a free edgy font and it was a coincidence.
Dimmu Burger is kind of a fast food brand as far as black metal is concerned, and this album in particular, it's a cheap remake of their second album of the same name, Stormblast (1996) which wasn't that great either even back then (I'll admit the into of both is engaging). As comparison in 1996 another Norwegian symphonic black metal band, Limbonic Art, released their grandiose masterpiece "Moon in the Scorpio".

Sinistra said:
Interesting.
It's more likely that it's a free edgy font and it was a coincidence.
Dimmu Burger is kind of a fast food brand as far as black metal is concerned, and this album in particular, it's a cheap remake of their second album of the same name, Stormblast (1996) which wasn't that great either even back then (I'll admit the into of both is engaging). As comparison in 1996 another Norwegian symphonic black metal band, Limbonic Art, released their grandiose masterpiece "Moon in the Scorpio".

Yes, from my experience, most of the custom fonts used on the Joy of Satan can be found online using font-detecting tools like FontSquirrel, which tries to detect the font on a picture.

I like some Dimmu Borgir's songs and they've been my first introduction to black metal as a teenager/pre-teen, but to be honest it gets old really quick.

I'll check out this Moon in the Scorpio album, thanks for the mention. Although I'm not a huge fan of black metal, the type which pleases me the most is really the symphonic variant. I've been listening to a Brazilian symphonic black metal band called Luxúria de Lillith (which translates into "Lillith's Lust"), and they have great instrumental potential with good arrangements, but it's a shame the lyrics are mostly too immature.

I used to listen to some (non-black) symphonic metal way back, but these days I prefer melodic black metal.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back