Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Language Topic

Egon said:
"Non-Player Characters", a term from RPG games. It's being used as a meme for libtards or normies.
See: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13013

I was familiar with the definition, but didn't know about the meme until now, so I thought he could be talking about something else. There are many recent articles by the clergy I haven't taken the time to properly catch up with lately. Thanks for updating me on this.

Cacique Satanás said:
But you are teaching to NPC's

If any of my students happen to be NPC's, they'll just be wasting their time and money with my lessons, which are certainly not designed for them haha.
Learning is a two-sided process, it requires effort both on the part of the teacher and the student, so as long as we're doing our part, we're really not to blame if the student isn't doing theirs.

T.A.O.L. said:
I was asked what 'here' and 'there' meant by the neighbours kids and of course I used words they didn't understand either in the explanation so I had to explain those too haha.

Haha, that is really funny (last paragraph) but sooo rude if you get it wrong xD.

By the way, glad to know you found at least those cards a bit useful.

Haha xD not everyone is always aware of the level of learning children are at. This could have been explained like: "I am here, that (distant object) is theeere (pointing)". Or maybe: "This pencil is here (then you move it), now the pencil is there". But I would sure have felt lost too, before I had any training on that.

My grandma on the other hand was quite clear and patient when she explained something to me as a child. I have learned more about words with her than with my parents. I remember that when I read the doors that indicated men's and women's restrooms (typically written as "masculine" and "feminine" restrooms in my country), I asked my mom: "What is feminine?"
My grandma who was next to my mom calmly explained: "For men/of men, masculine. For women/of women, feminine"
Although she wasn't a teacher, she could have been a very good one haha.

I looked it up again (about the Japanese term), and I'm almost sure it was Konnichiwa (which is equivalent to "good day"), but didn't find any info on why or how it becomes an insult if you change intonation. I'd be glad if someone here who understands Japanese could explain it. I heard about that like ten years ago.

Dypet Rod said:
Now that's something from Duolingo I find more useful xD.

Speaking of Duolingo, I was just working on some german there. I clicked on the phrase Gewalt ist eine Gefahr, and who do I see at the top comment? I was like: :shock: :eek: :lol:

I'm a native English speaker so I don't think about it too much...I know I make mistakes especially in conversation but I don't mind as long as I'm understood.

I practice Norwegian on Duolingo too and I agree that it's easy to relate to English. I've heard it said that Norwegians can understand both Swedish and Danish, while both Danes and Swedes can understand Norwegians, yet it's difficult for Danes and Swedes to understand each other.

You are from Finland? Looking at all the vowels and long words makes me think it would be difficult to learn. Speaking of difficult languages I'd say Polish also looks tough and I've heard there are alot of special rules to learn.

Valontuoja said:
SilentSeeker said:
I've heard people say English is one of the hardest languages to learn. Because i grew up with it, i can obviously speak it well enough. But in school, when it came to language arts and English classes, the technical stuff got me. I still don't know what a gerund is (or even if i spelled it correctly). English is crazy.

(...)

Sorry if my post here is kinda off topic. Everyone seemed to be talking about English mostly, but i got excited when i saw there was a language thread and hoped maybe other languages would be discussed too haha

I feel like people say about every language how hard those are. For me, like many people, learning English was the easiest task when I studied languages, as nowadays media, culture and internet are so full of the English language that it is nearly the second official language of every nation. I have tried several languages but English is my best foreign language.

I have studied (mandatory) Swedish at schools. For a short time I also studied German because we had to choose between French or German... and German was by far the more popular choice among students. Later I studied Spanish for couple of courses in gymnasium but wasn't too much into it. Even later I studied basics of the Latin language.

On Duolingo I have studied Norwegian just out of my interest and I have to admit that it seems to be the easiest Nordic language to write. The words are way "logical" or closer to English than the Swedish equivalents... For example Norwegian iskrem (Ice cream) is way easier to remember than Swedish glass... Of course it is very arbitrary to compare languages on such small examples but I still feel like Norwegian (bokmål) is way closer to English than Swedish and I had easier time remembering the other words too. Main trouble I had when studying Norwegian is that I often mix it with Swedish.

I am too interested in foreign languages even though I don't have motivation for intensive studying... Just to contribute something I learned recently some trivia that Lithuanian is very closely related to Sanskrit. They share many words such as fire, wind and god... I found this intriguing how that small Baltic language has saved so many Sanskrit words lost in other (Indo-)European languages.

Tala said:
Dypet Rod said:
Now that's something from Duolingo I find more useful xD.

Speaking of Duolingo, I was just working on some german there. I clicked on the phrase Gewalt ist eine Gefahr, and who do I see at the top comment? I was like: :shock: :eek: :lol:

Ohh, I keep receiving email notifications about new comments under this very sentence (as well as others) all the time, even though it's been years since the last time I even signed in with my account there haha xD

But that's what I call an impressive coincidence. Who would have thought, meeting a fellow SS in a place like this :)

Tala said:
I'm a native English speaker so I don't think about it too much...I know I make mistakes especially in conversation but I don't mind as long as I'm understood.

I practice Norwegian on Duolingo too and I agree that it's easy to relate to English. I've heard it said that Norwegians can understand both Swedish and Danish, while both Danes and Swedes can understand Norwegians, yet it's difficult for Danes and Swedes to understand each other.

You are from Finland? Looking at all the vowels and long words makes me think it would be difficult to learn. Speaking of difficult languages I'd say Polish also looks tough and I've heard there are alot of special rules to learn.

It could be true as Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are very closely related. As written languages they are mutually very intelligible but when spoken not so much.
https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/a-map-of-lexical-distances-between-europes-languages

Yes, I'm Finn. Main problem people would have learning Finnish is that it is not an Indo-European language so it doesn't have very many similarities to other languages (excluding Estonian). That's one of the reason why it is so often classified as one of the hardest languages even though FSI listed Japanese and some other languages as more difficult. The long words may seem terrifying to a foreigner but those are way logical if you know what those consist of, if broken into smaller parts it becomes easier to understand. Finnish uses way more compound words than English:

"Tietokoneohjelma" = computer program
*Tietokone = computer (tieto = information/knowledge, kone = machine)
*ohjelma = program

Rautatieasema = railway station
*rauta (iron) + tie (road) + asema (station)

Germans also use long words as far as I know and remember.

The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) of the US Department of State's difficulty ranking for English speakers:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Language_Learning_Difficulty_for_English_Speakers
http://web.archive.org/web/20071014005901/http://www.nvtc.gov/lotw/months/november/learningExpectations.html

Stormblood said:
Valontuoja said:
Yes, I'm Finn.

I'd like to note that Finn in Old Irish, from which Modern Irish, Manx and Scottish Gaelic derive, means "fair, white". I know this because I like to look into names and their meanings.

You could be a good etymologist. I like looking into certain terms that call my attention too. Such as what I mentioned (when the discussion was still in HP Hooded Cobra's topic) about the connection between "joy" and "jewelry".

By the way, things like morse code, sign language and the Enochian language can also be brought up here.

Does anyone here speak Enochian "fluently", or in a practical way with a good amount of vocabulary?
I remember once I tried memorizing as much as I could from the terms in the Enochian keys, and I'd recite some of them, especially the Fourth Key, almost as in natural speech.

Gchis ge avavago cormp mian ds sonf vivdiv? ;)

Although we have to be careful with Enochian, since it seems that the revision of the Keys in the JoS is the only "uncorrupted" one available.

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:
Valontuoja said:
Yes, I'm Finn.

I'd like to note that Finn in Old Irish, from which Modern Irish, Manx and Scottish Gaelic derive, means "fair, white". I know this because I like to look into names and their meanings.

You could be a good etymologist. I like looking into certain terms that call my attention too. Such as what I mentioned (when the discussion was still in HP Hooded Cobra's topic) about the connection between "joy" and "jewelry".
Actually, once I was wondering about jew-elry.

Stormblood said:

I've often wondered about that, too.

I have looked up its etymological origin once, and it goes back to the old French word Joel. I didn't remember that, but now that you brought it up, I looked it up again and also found some extra info: "Joel" is the name of one of the jewish prophets Yo'el which means "yahweh is god".

Better just use "adornments".

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:

I have looked up its etymological origin once, and it goes back to the old French word Joel. I didn't remember that, but now that you brought it up, I looked it up again and also found some extra info: "Joel" is the name of one of the jewish prophets Yo'el which means "yahweh is god".

Doesnt the French Joel mean Christmas? or was it spelled Joël ? I forgot.

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:

My bad, it was Noel not Joel for christmas.

T.A.O.L. said:
Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:

My bad, it was Noel not Joel for christmas.

What a coincidence. Noel is exactly how Santa Claus is called in Portuguese xD He's traditionally called "Papai Noel" (like "Daddy Noel") here.

I've never really taken the time to study French myself, but Google says Joel is the original word for jewelry in old (not modern) French.

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:
Valontuoja said:
Yes, I'm Finn.

With jewelry you reminded me about one of the sermons.

The Jews also name the "Chakras" the "Sephirot" which is just a ripoff of the Greek Zephyro which is "Jewel". In the east all the chakras are described as jewels. Zephyro also comes from Zephyros which is the Greek God of the Vital wind, the Vayu of the East.

On off topic note. Do you have protonmail by any chance? I'd like to consult you about some nuances about English language if you don't mind. (I heard you're an English teacher and enthusiast of teaching it in a new, more productive way.)

Reckoned666 said:
With jewelry you reminded me about one of the sermons.

The Jews also name the "Chakras" the "Sephirot" which is just a ripoff of the Greek Zephyro which is "Jewel". In the east all the chakras are described as jewels. Zephyro also comes from Zephyros which is the Greek God of the Vital wind, the Vayu of the East.

On off topic note. Do you have protonmail by any chance? I'd like to consult you about some nuances about English language if you don't mind. (I heard you're an English teacher and enthusiast of teaching it in a new, more productive way.)

Thank you for adding this. This is indeed a more pure perspective on jewels. It also reminds me of allegories such as metals, diamonds (Daemons), and so on.

I don't have a protonmail account, but you can feel free to email me at [email protected]. After having worked in 3 previous language schools, I'm actually still developing my own English course, but we can sure discuss tips, structures, slight "mysteries" every language has, and so on.

Dypet Rod said:
SilentSeeker said:
Languages are so interesting haha

I'm a native English speaker myself, and it's definitely a funny language. There's a Youtube video i found:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zWWp0akUU

It was interesting haha

I've heard people say English is one of the hardest languages to learn. Because i grew up with it, i can obviously speak it well enough. But in school, when it came to language arts and English classes, the technical stuff got me. I still don't know what a gerund is (or even if i spelled it correctly). English is crazy.

But learning other languages is fun. I've been studying Romanian for a while, and recently became interested in Irish. I like to look up the alphabets for other languages and their grammar rules. I believe it's easier to learn a language if i know how it works, you know?

Like, in English, the adjective is usually placed before the noun. But in Romanian, the adjective is placed AFTER the noun. It applies to possessives too. "He is my father" in Romanian is "El este tatăl meu." "El" is "he", "este" is "is", "tatăl" is "father", and "meu" is "my".

Languages are so fun haha

Sorry if my post here is kinda off topic. Everyone seemed to be talking about English mostly, but i got excited when i saw there was a language thread and hoped maybe other languages would be discussed too haha

Lol, I payed more attention to the changes in accent than to the subject of the video itself haha xD.
But that's true, I also used to struggle with these different "ough" sounds in the beginning. This is a consequence of starting to learn a new language by reading and writing, rather than by listening. With listening only, the way words are written don't get in the way of our learning as much.

This reminded me of a fun English pronunciation poem:

http://ncf.idallen.com/english.html

As for English being one of the hardest languages to learn, I disagree. To cite an example, look at how many different forms there are of the verb "to go" in English:

Go, goes, going, went, gone.

Now look at how many forms of the same verb there are in Portuguese, which is my native language:

Ir, irem, irmos, vá, vou, vais, vai, vamos, vão, indo, fui, fostes, foi, fomos, foram, ia, ias, íamos, iam, fosse, fôssemos, fossem, irei, irás, irá, iremos, irão, for, formos, forem, iria, irias, iríamos, iriam, ido.

These change according to pronoun, tense, etc. English in my opinion is much more simple haha. That's probably why it's so popular.

A gerund, by the way, would be when you describe an action that's continually happening:
"I am studying"
"She is showering"
Which is often described simply as "present continuous".

Interesting about Romanian. It sounds a bit like Portuguese. The masculine possessive for "my" in Portuguese is also "meu". Only we don't use possessives in the end of a sentence: "Ele é o meu pai" (He is my father)

And it's not off topic ;) Like the title says, it's a language topic, so if a certain language hasn't been talked about here yet, it can always be included.

Haha i enjoyed that video so much! It always makes me laugh. English would sound so weird if it were phonetically consistent!

Man, that is a lot. I think "to go" in Romanian, depending on the tense, becomes:
Present
I go = Eu merg
You go = Tu mergi
He goes = El merge
She goes = Ea merge
We go = Noi mergem
They go = Ei merg
You (group) go = Voi mergeți
Past
I went = Eu am mers
You went = Tu ai mers
He went= El a mers
She went = Ea a mers
We went = Noi am mers
They went = Ei au mers
You (group) went = Voi ați mers
Future
I will go = Eu voi merge
You will go = Tu vei merge
He will go = El va merge
She will go = Ea va merge
We will go = Noi vom merge
They will go = Ei vor merge
You (group) will go = Voi veți merge

As for Romanian words that mean "go": merge, trece, duce, intra (sounds like "enter almost haha"), pleca, and so many more haha Some mean "go" more than others. And each verb gets their own variations depending on tense. Whoa, that's a lot haha

Having so many words for one, like in Portuguese and Romanian, seems a bit messy, but i also think that it's kinda cool. It seems like it makes things more specific, you know? It seems to identify more about the subject. Like, if a Romanian says "Aceste este căinele lui Bela", i know that the dog (căine is dog, căinele is THE dog) belongs to Bela, and that Bela is a guy.

Some names in other language are tough to place a gender to haha

I'm pretty sure Portuguese is in the same family as Romanian! Romanian is a Romance language, and Latin, French, Spanish are as well. Same family haha I think Portuguese is in there too.

Romanian and Spanish share some words, like "casa", meaning "home". Then some words are pretty similar (at least i think so), such as the words for "milk". Leche in Spanish, lapte in Romanian. Agua (i think is it) and apă for water.

The Romanian word for "orca" is still "orca", "taxi" is "taxi", "hotel" is "hotel", just with different pronunciations haha "Airplane" is "aeroplane", "airport" is "aeroport". "Bus" is "autobus" (i think). "Grey" is "gri", "mom" is "mama". "Lion" is "liu", "tiger" is "tigru".

Their word for "car" is "autoturism", i believe. But if you were to say "This is my car", you would say "Această este mașina mea". It doesn't seem like "autoturism" is used in sentences much.

I love Romanian haha Iubesc Română, i believe haha

Learning about languages is so fun! Learning about English is interesting, but it doesn't interest me as much as other languages. I think the Asian languages are whoa haha I heard someone say once: "Some languages are easy to learn but difficult to master, others are difficult to learn but easy to master." I think the person who said that was saying that Romanian is easy to learn but hard to master, and that a language like Chinese is difficult to learn but easy to master.

I'm glad it's not off topic haha I'm so excited for language discussions!

I would love to talk to other non-English speakers about their native languages! Especially Romanian, German, French, Russian, and Irish!

Dypet Rod said:
This reminded me of a fun English pronunciation poem:

http://ncf.idallen.com/english.html

That is probably my favourite poem ever! Haha Makes me realise that even us English speakers aren't perfect with it, despite growing up speaking it haha

SilentSeeker said:
Haha i enjoyed that video so much! It always makes me laugh. English would sound so weird if it were phonetically consistent!

Man, that is a lot. I think "to go" in Romanian, depending on the tense, becomes:
Present
I go = Eu merg
You go = Tu mergi
He goes = El merge
She goes = Ea merge
We go = Noi mergem
They go = Ei merg
You (group) go = Voi mergeți
Past
I went = Eu am mers
You went = Tu ai mers
He went= El a mers
She went = Ea a mers
We went = Noi am mers
They went = Ei au mers
You (group) went = Voi ați mers
Future
I will go = Eu voi merge
You will go = Tu vei merge
He will go = El va merge
She will go = Ea va merge
We will go = Noi vom merge
They will go = Ei vor merge
You (group) will go = Voi veți merge

As for Romanian words that mean "go": merge, trece, duce, intra (sounds like "enter almost haha"), pleca, and so many more haha Some mean "go" more than others. And each verb gets their own variations depending on tense. Whoa, that's a lot haha

Having so many words for one, like in Portuguese and Romanian, seems a bit messy, but i also think that it's kinda cool. It seems like it makes things more specific, you know? It seems to identify more about the subject. Like, if a Romanian says "Aceste este căinele lui Bela", i know that the dog (căine is dog, căinele is THE dog) belongs to Bela, and that Bela is a guy.

Some names in other language are tough to place a gender to haha

I'm pretty sure Portuguese is in the same family as Romanian! Romanian is a Romance language, and Latin, French, Spanish are as well. Same family haha I think Portuguese is in there too.

Romanian and Spanish share some words, like "casa", meaning "home". Then some words are pretty similar (at least i think so), such as the words for "milk". Leche in Spanish, lapte in Romanian. Agua (i think is it) and apă for water.

The Romanian word for "orca" is still "orca", "taxi" is "taxi", "hotel" is "hotel", just with different pronunciations haha "Airplane" is "aeroplane", "airport" is "aeroport". "Bus" is "autobus" (i think). "Grey" is "gri", "mom" is "mama". "Lion" is "liu", "tiger" is "tigru".

Their word for "car" is "autoturism", i believe. But if you were to say "This is my car", you would say "Această este mașina mea". It doesn't seem like "autoturism" is used in sentences much.

I love Romanian haha Iubesc Română, i believe haha

Learning about languages is so fun! Learning about English is interesting, but it doesn't interest me as much as other languages. I think the Asian languages are whoa haha I heard someone say once: "Some languages are easy to learn but difficult to master, others are difficult to learn but easy to master." I think the person who said that was saying that Romanian is easy to learn but hard to master, and that a language like Chinese is difficult to learn but easy to master.

I'm glad it's not off topic haha I'm so excited for language discussions!

I would love to talk to other non-English speakers about their native languages! Especially Romanian, German, French, Russian, and Irish!

This is very interesting info. I'm not familiar with Romanian, but indeed it sounds like Portuguese is in the same family. The way sentences are built, as well as some of the words you mentioned, are very similar. I may take the time to start studying Romanian eventually.

I have started to study Italian recently, this time not with tools like Duolingo or any translations whatsoever, but with videos that are easy to understand, such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJtVkzgCdE

Since my great-grandparent was an Italian immigrant and I live in a region whose dialect was highly influenced by the Italian language, this makes it quite easy for me to learn.
A funny curiosity is, with that video, I could observe that the word used for "bowl" in Italian is "ciotola", and the way this word is pronounced sounds very close to a slang we use in Portuguese for...a woman's lady parts haha xD.

And indeed, the change in the way genders work from one language to another is very curious. English has only one gender for most words. Languages in the Latin family have two. German has not one, not two, but three. Is there any language that works with more than three genders? I'd love to hear about it lol

Does anyone here know of any translation project of JoS into Devanagari script? Hindi/Marathi/Sanskrit? I checked Satan's Library old format for the language links. Anyways, I am getting accustomed reading alphabet devanagari and getting better at it.

Also it's easy for me studying Russian and staying interested because a lot of JoS is translated to it and I've been reading sermons to English equivalent side-by-side. I'm very thankful for this actually, I spend more time doing this rather than Duolingo website

Prismalayam said:
Does anyone here know of any translation project of JoS into Devanagari script? Hindi/Marathi/Sanskrit? I checked Satan's Library old format for the language links. Anyways, I am getting accustomed reading alphabet devanagari and getting better at it.

Also it's easy for me studying Russian and staying interested because a lot of JoS is translated to it and I've been reading sermons to English equivalent side-by-side. I'm very thankful for this actually, I spend more time doing this rather than Duolingo website

This is a good question, and although I don't have an answer for it myself, I'm gonna bump it for you. Could anyone answer this question, please? Clergy? Users?

Something related to that, which could be discussed here, is the languages the Joy of Satan has been translated to so far already, ongoing translation projects, and the languages that don't have a JoS translation for themselves yet. We could summon speakers of such languages here, and see if they could take on the work of translating the JoS little by little to their native languages. Every user who is working on translating the JoS could report the progress of their work, here.
This would be almost like a Satanic Diplomacy section, haha. In fact it sounds like a good idea for us to have earthly Satanic diplomats.

And it's awesome to hear about how you've been practicing Russian by using the Joy of Satan :) When I was down on my listening skills, I also tried listening to audio sermons in Satan's Library and it's an excellent resource.

I'm surprised!

I just found out that Dypet Rod means "Deep Root" in Norwegian!

This is not my real name, I don't speak Norwegian, nor did I plan that username to mean this, I swear! Gotta be one of the most impressive coincidences I've ever seen xD. Plus my original avatar kind of matched it, if you think about it. I'm almost changing back to it.

Prismalayam said:

Some parts of JoS have been translated to Hindi.

JoS Sermons in Hindi Full:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170609081348/http://josministries.prophpbb.com:80/topic9367.html

Hitler Friend of India - Hindi Sermon:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170614205110/http://josministries.prophpbb.com:80/topic8148.html

Dypet Rod said:
I'm surprised!

This is not my real name, I don't speak Norwegian, nor did I plan that username to mean this, I swear! Gotta be one of the most impressive coincidences I've ever seen xD. Plus my original avatar kind of matched it, if you think about it. I'm almost changing back to it.

Your tiger is awesome dypet :)

T.A.O.L. said:
Dypet Rod said:
I'm surprised!

Your tiger is awesome dypet :)

Thank you, sister :)

Hail Agares!

Valontuoja said:
Prismalayam said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170609081348/http://josministries.prophpbb.com:80/topic9367.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20170614205110/http://josministries.prophpbb.com:80/topic8148.html

I'm glad to see that the bump worked xD Thank you, Valontuoja.

Now that I come to think about it, does your username have any particular meaning?

For those who love bad jokes, especially grammar jokes ;)

LO511Mc.jpg

Dypet Rod said:
Valontuoja"I'm glad to see that the bump worked xD Thank you said:
Well... I registered to the forums on 2015 and I had to invent an username. Originally the reason why I bothered with registration was since one RTR link was behind Blacksun666 link on the old forum and I couldn't see it without being a member. Before that I didn't have a need to become a member. I thought about what my nickname could be but nothing came to my mind so I decided to name my account Valontuoja ("bringer of light"). I wanted a nickname that was on my language so that my countrymen would know and maybe discuss with me on the forums. Also I thought that this was a good nickname for me as I spread information, I did internet warfare and started a translation project, about satanism to my people and wrote some information about Finnic mythology.

Later HP Jake Carlson wrote about how he advises White satanists against using the name Lucifer because it has another meaning. Well fug. But since I have used this nickname for years I really have never bothered with changing it...

Valontuoja said:
Dypet Rod said:
Valontuoja"I'm glad to see that the bump worked xD Thank you said:
Well... I registered to the forums on 2015 and I had to invent an username. Originally the reason why I bothered with registration was since one RTR link was behind Blacksun666 link on the old forum and I couldn't see it without being a member. Before that I didn't have a need to become a member. I thought about what my nickname could be but nothing came to my mind so I decided to name my account Valontuoja ("bringer of light"). I wanted a nickname that was on my language so that my countrymen would know and maybe discuss with me on the forums. Also I thought that this was a good nickname for me as I spread information, I did internet warfare and started a translation project, about satanism to my people and wrote some information about Finnic mythology.

Later HP Jake Carlson wrote about how he advises White satanists against using the name Lucifer because it has another meaning. Well fug. But since I have used this nickname for years I really have never bothered with changing it...

So it is Finnish for "light bringer". Thank you for the explanation, and for the background along with it, too. Also, good job on the efforts you described. Even before reading this message, I could certainly tell from your messages that you are a helpful member.

From the page Astrological Degrees and Fixed Stars:

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees and degrees of suffering.
9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

Does anyone understand anything special by "body in the ditch"? I've never come across such expression before.

Valontuoja said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170609081 ... c9367.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20170614205 ... c8148.html

Many thanks to you for finding

Dypet Rod said:
From the page Astrological Degrees and Fixed Stars:

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees and degrees of suffering.
9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

Does anyone understand anything special by "body in the ditch"? I've never come across such expression before.

It is similar expression like having been stabbed and left in a hole, difficult to climb out of, suffering in the extreme, death is guaranteed sort of situation

Prismalayam said:
It is similar expression like having been stabbed and left in a hole, difficult to climb out of, suffering in the extreme, death is guaranteed sort of situation

Thank you, now I have a better perspective to properly translate this part.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back