Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Love - a poem

tabby

The sound of the ever beating heart
Blood red as sweet berries in the sun
It's muscle never worn by its beating
Never resting, and never sleeping

It skips its dancing when I feel you
Races like a horse on the tracks too
Never stopping when it crosses the finish
Galloping so hard, I'm dizzy with loving

But in the night when even the birds slumber
In your arms there's only a soft pitter-patter
As our quiet breaths share the same air
Of contentment, of peace, and of safety

This ever beating blood-filled heart
How you make it sing with a look or a touch
Will you hold my hand and tell me its song is forever
And the petals of the rose is the boat in our water

tabby said:
The sound of the ever beating heart
Blood red as sweet berries in the sun
It's muscle never worn by its beating
Never resting, and never sleeping

It skips its dancing when I feel you
Races like a horse on the tracks too
Never stopping when it crosses the finish
Galloping so hard, I'm dizzy with loving

But in the night when even the birds slumber
In your arms there's only a soft pitter-patter
As our quiet breaths share the same air
Of contentment, of peace, and of safety

This ever beating blood-filled heart
How you make it sing with a look or a touch
Will you hold my hand and tell me its song is forever
And the petals of the rose is the boat in our water

Another beautiful poem, You really are good at poetry Tabby! It's always a pleasure to read your works.

SapphireDragon said:
Another beautiful poem, You really are good at poetry Tabby! It's always a pleasure to read your works.

Thank you very much, SapphireDragon. :) I've been having a terrible case of "don't know what the heck to write, lacking inspiration etc" lately, so I'm glad I finally managed to come out with something.

You are incredible! The poetry you write is so sweet and genuine.

If I may, can you tell me why you write poetry? It's something that's fascinated me in people, I love reading it, but sitting down to actually write it, it doesn't come to me at all.

It's really something I think comes from within, and not everyone has, not innately. I was sitting in a theatre once watching dancers train and practice before a show, very few looked like they enjoyed it, and few had passion and a spark in their eyes. It's definitely something you can see.

I approached a few after their performance and asked them, why they dance. They told me it felt right, they felt alive doing it, and a way for them to express themselves fully.

Thank you again!

Sarjam05 said:
Lovely poem... I needed to read this.... thanks Tabby

No worries! Thank you very much, Sarjam05. :D

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=428325 time=1677955278 user_id=57]
I'm so glad you post your poetry. This was beautiful :)

Thank you, Sister Lydia! :D btw I love your profile pic! It's really cool.

Powerofjustice said:
You are incredible! The poetry you write is so sweet and genuine.

If I may, can you tell me why you write poetry? It's something that's fascinated me in people, I love reading it, but sitting down to actually write it, it doesn't come to me at all.

It's really something I think comes from within, and not everyone has, not innately. I was sitting in a theatre once watching dancers train and practice before a show, very few looked like they enjoyed it, and few had passion and a spark in their eyes. It's definitely something you can see.

I approached a few after their performance and asked them, why they dance. They told me it felt right, they felt alive doing it, and a way for them to express themselves fully.

Thank you again!

Goodness, thank you, Powerofjustice! :D

That's a really good question... I used to think I wrote poetry simply because I liked it and the rhythm of them, and wanted to share that with others. And while that's still true, after chewing on your question a bit more, I realised there's more to it.

Sometimes writing normally like in a journal and stuff just isn't enough to let out the things that well up in me. Sometimes that's not enough to convey what I'm feeling, or thinking, etc. Sometimes I even feel suffocated trying to get something out in full sentences. So I write poetry.

Poetry is written emotion, it's unsung songs, it's kinda like writing in another language I guess - at least, this is how I feel about it. I write the most when I'm feeling something strongly and need to get it out, otherwise I feel choked by it. There are days when I feel it in my throat chakra, like a lump, and it doesn't go away until I let out whatever it is that needs to come out. I think it's one of the ways I cope with things that become overwhelming. Then after I write I feel better.

tabby said:
Poetry is written emotion, it's unsung songs, it's kinda like writing in another language I guess - at least, this is how I feel about it.

I love that explanation! Thank you and please keep sharing your art with us!

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=428663 time=1678094485 user_id=57]
tabby said:

Thank you :) I was tired of the grumpy blue owl, and another SS sent me this one :)

But I liked the Grumpy blue owl :lol: I really like your new profile picture too though I was meaning to compliment you on that as well! Battle owl is definitely more befitting.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=428663 time=1678094485 user_id=57]
tabby said:

Thank you :) I was tired of the grumpy blue owl, and another SS sent me this one :)

The grumpy blue owl :lol: never going to forget it.
The way the colours have been done on the new owl makes it look like it has an aura around it.

SapphireDragon said:
But I liked the Grumpy blue owl :lol: I really like your new profile picture too though I was meaning to compliment you on that as well! Battle owl is definitely more befitting.

tabby said:
The way the colours have been done on the new owl makes it look like it has an aura around it.

Lol! But I didn't want anyone to think I am always grumpy. Now I look like a real JG Guardian, ready to throw fireballs at infiltrators!

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=428822 time=1678170742 user_id=57]
SapphireDragon said:

tabby said:

Lol! But I didn't want anyone to think I am always grumpy. Now I look like a real JG Guardian, ready to throw fireballs at infiltrators!

Hahaha just in time for the new schedule too ;)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back