Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

A few questions, cusps, Jupiter Square

GreenLeaf555

Hello,

My first question is, how are signs assigned to houses? (For example, Sagittarius is above the 3rd house mostly, but it has a part that is above the second house aswell, in this case, is Sagittarius on the cusp of 3rd house or?)

The second question,

I have Jupiter in the 8th house, in 2 days I can start a square, I've read that the square affects the houses with Sagittarius and Pisces on the house. So should I do a Jupiter Square relating to an affair of the specific house Sagittarius or Pisces is in? Would it be as effective as, let's say doing a square to empower the positive aspects or sublimate the negative ones of the natal planet?

Thank you in advance!

1. Most sites and programs will tell you what Sign rules over the cusp of each house.

6cxBPcy.jpg

On JoS Astro, the spaced line in the red circle shows the 2nd House cusp. The next spaced line shows the 3rd, etc.

(The solid filled in lines are Angles - aka the cusps of the 1st (Ascendant), 4th (IC), 7th (Descendant) and 10th Houses (MC) - more important than the other cusps.)

UqQmMOV.jpg

All House cusp degrees are listed in the text list to the right of the chart. So, on this chart, the cusp of the 2nd House begins at 27 degrees Aquarius. On yours, it'll be something different.

Pisces in this case is intercepted, it has no House cusp, as the next House cusp (3rd) begins at 9 degrees Aries.

2. Go for it, this is an ideal placement for a Jupiter Square. Make sure your affirmation is good though.

GreenLeaf555 said:
Hello,

My first question is, how are signs assigned to houses? (For example, Sagittarius is above the 3rd house mostly, but it has a part that is above the second house aswell, in this case, is Sagittarius on the cusp of 3rd house or?)

The second question,

I have Jupiter in the 8th house, in 2 days I can start a square, I've read that the square affects the houses with Sagittarius and Pisces on the house. So should I do a Jupiter Square relating to an affair of the specific house Sagittarius or Pisces is in? Would it be as effective as, let's say doing a square to empower the positive aspects or sublimate the negative ones of the natal planet?

Thank you in advance!

If a house is in one sign only with out its cusps crossing the boundaries of another sign it is said to be intercepted which can make the manifestations of the houses affairs (and its sign) weaker.

The sign that the cusp of the house is in is the sign that is said to be on that house's cusp. Yes, a Jupiter square will help with all spiritual affairs related to Jupiter, as well as the astrological houses that have Pisces and Sagittarius on the cusp in your natal chart.

To further clean out any negative karma related to the above in order to not only prevent any negative manifestations as well as to maximize the benefit of any planetary square in general it is best to do a freeing the soul working for at least 40 days, beginning on a waning moon, ideally when the moon is in Capricorn, Scorpio or Pisces, and with the proper affirmations related.

If a house is in one sign only with out its cusps crossing the boundaries of another sign it is said to be intercepted which can make the manifestations of the houses affairs (and its sign) weaker.

The sign that the cusp of the house is in is the sign that is said to be on that house's cusp. Yes, a Jupiter square will help with all spiritual affairs related to Jupiter, as well as the astrological houses that have Pisces and Sagittarius on the cusp in your natal chart.

To further clean out any negative karma related to the above in order to not only prevent any negative manifestations as well as to maximize the benefit of any planetary square in general it is best to do a freeing the soul working for at least 40 days, beginning on a waning moon, ideally when the moon is in Capricorn, Scorpio or Pisces, and with the proper affirmations related.
When it comes to interceptions, what if a house is within a sign with no sign cusps within the house? For example, if the house starts and ends in leo with no cusps does that mean the sun would still rule that house but have a weaker effect, or any planet residing in that house be that house's ruler? or is that what you answered in the first sentence? thx

1. Most sites and programs will tell you what Sign rules over the cusp of each house.

6cxBPcy.jpg

On JoS Astro, the spaced line in the red circle shows the 2nd House cusp. The next spaced line shows the 3rd, etc.

(The solid filled in lines are Angles - aka the cusps of the 1st (Ascendant), 4th (IC), 7th (Descendant) and 10th Houses (MC) - more important than the other cusps.)

UqQmMOV.jpg

All House cusp degrees are listed in the text list to the right of the chart. So, on this chart, the cusp of the 2nd House begins at 27 degrees Aquarius. On yours, it'll be something different.

Pisces in this case is intercepted, it has no House cusp, as the next House cusp (3rd) begins at 9 degrees Aries.

2. Go for it, this is an ideal placement for a Jupiter Square. Make sure your affirmation is good though.
in the case for the 11th and 5th house, seeing as they have no sign cusp, is that house considered weaker or more "Focused? Also is there a term for that happening, or is it still just intercepted? thx

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back