Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Dutch Translation Thread

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
I have received a volunteer to help me proofread for the dutch translations of JOS. They are working on this as we speak but it will take time. The only thing left for me to translate with DeepL is the meditation section and the library.

Should the library be treated as one separate site? I am not sure. Where would you like the final drafts submitted?
Hello. For the JoS translations, there will eventually be a domain for JoS Dutch so there isn't even a need to upload the translations here since they will all be used inside that domain. You can upload them on the thread here and I will download them for extra security but mainly these will be needed when the Dutch JoS will be created.

And the library should be treated separately indeed. Is too big and is endless work to translate from there. I think the library should be translated from after the main JoS in Dutch is finalized as the JoS site represents the main priority. However since there is a native member helping out now after the main site is translated you can both either work together in creating JoS Dutch (HP Cobra and Soaring Engle will provide the instructions) or one of you can create the website while another can translate from the Library, ideally it would be a lot faster if you would work together on the website when the domain will be provided and the translations will be finished.

Just thought you should read this too.

Thank you for your feed back Alchemist. We will work accordingly. I will send an email

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
I have received a volunteer to help me proofread for the dutch translations of JOS. They are working on this as we speak but it will take time. The only thing left for me to translate with DeepL is the meditation section and the library.

Should the library be treated as one separate site? I am not sure. Where would you like the final drafts submitted?
Hello. For the JoS translations, there will eventually be a domain for JoS Dutch so there isn't even a need to upload the translations here since they will all be used inside that domain. You can upload them on the thread here and I will download them for extra security but mainly these will be needed when the Dutch JoS will be created.

And the library should be treated separately indeed. Is too big and is endless work to translate from there. I think the library should be translated from after the main JoS in Dutch is finalized as the JoS site represents the main priority. However since there is a native member helping out now after the main site is translated you can both either work together in creating JoS Dutch (HP Cobra and Soaring Engle will provide the instructions) or one of you can create the website while another can translate from the Library, ideally it would be a lot faster if you would work together on the website when the domain will be provided and the translations will be finished.

By the way I am on this section now with translations: https://joyofsatan.org/hailtosatansvictory666.angelfire.com/Resources.html
these however are sources that lead to whole external sites. should I just include the page with the link as is? I did translate the first tab with the spiritual tips for warfare that Maxine wrote.

Also I think the Sermons of Satan tab pretty much coincides with the library with all the sermons from different HP's.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to combine this tab with the library? (I am speculating most if not all are in the new updated library but I am not sure, as I recall you recently saying the library should be treated as separate)

Please advise, thanks :)

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
As for the dutch translations i have virtually received absolutely no help in the past, very little if any and communication and work ethic on the part of the others who said they would help is non existent.
Some people did not take the whole project as serious as it is. I suspect Dutch is not the only language, I hope I am wrong.

Shadowcat said:
Please advise.
I would suggest to definitely translate into Dutch the websites, as good as you can. Native members will eventually come in the future so it would make the process a lot faster if the content is already translated so they only have to read it and correct existing errors, which I assume won't be very serious since Dutch is your second language.

But indeed for now we can focus on the Library, I am also involved and I put other translation works I was doing on hold until we finish the Library

By the way, sorry I should have typed this in my other message as well. about the entire enochian tab in the rituals section. Since it is said now that enochian is outdated, shouldn't this be skipped over? because if this is the case it would also save time and work and I see no point to translate completely outdated information that is virtually supposed to be scrapped.

I understand that there is other information that needs to be updated, but that is being revised. But in the case of the enochian language I have understood that it is irrelevant completely. Please advise

Shadowcat said:
The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
As for the dutch translations i have virtually received absolutely no help in the past, very little if any and communication and work ethic on the part of the others who said they would help is non existent.
Some people did not take the whole project as serious as it is. I suspect Dutch is not the only language, I hope I am wrong.

Shadowcat said:
Please advise.
I would suggest to definitely translate into Dutch the websites, as good as you can. Native members will eventually come in the future so it would make the process a lot faster if the content is already translated so they only have to read it and correct existing errors, which I assume won't be very serious since Dutch is your second language.

But indeed for now we can focus on the Library, I am also involved and I put other translation works I was doing on hold until we finish the Library

By the way, sorry I should have typed this in my other message as well. about the entire enochian tab in the rituals section. Since it is said now that enochian is outdated, shouldn't this be skipped over? because if this is the case it would also save time and work and I see no point to translate completely outdated information that is virtually supposed to be scrapped.

I understand that there is other information that needs to be updated, but that is being revised. But in the case of the enochian language I have understood that it is irrelevant completely. Please advise
I wondered the same in the past and I asked about this, but I can't find the email just now. It is to be translated. Enochian serves a historical purpose. You could save the enochian as the last task.

Henu the Great said:
Shadowcat said:
The Alchemist7 said:

I wondered the same in the past and I asked about this, but I can't find the email just now. It is to be translated. Enochian serves a historical purpose. You could save the enochian as the last task.

That's pretty much what we decided to do. Lydia even coincidentally gave me feedback yesterday on one of the sermons I was editing for the library that was on the same topic telling me what you just did.

All will be translated and left as is. just the "spellings" of pronunciations are going to have to be changed in this section and based on the Dutch language instead of english

Shadowcat said:
By the way I am on this section now with translations: https://joyofsatan.org/hailtosatansvictory666.angelfire.com/Resources.html
these however are sources that lead to whole external sites. should I just include the page with the link as is? I did translate the first tab with the spiritual tips for warfare that Maxine wrote.
Hello. Yes for non-JoS external pages just translate the hyperlinked title from the JoS page (like Luciferian Liberation Front and and Skeptics Annotated Bible) and insert the link of the website under the title.

As for the Enochian page I would agree that they could be translated for historical purpose, for merely being part of the website, however it might be decided to get rid of them altogether in the future if they are outdated and of no use at all, ideally HP Cobra should be consulted in this regard as it is a lot to translate if the Enochian dictionary is considered as well.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
Hello. Yes for non-JoS external pages just translate the hyperlinked title from the JoS page (like Luciferian Liberation Front and and Skeptics Annotated Bible) and insert the link of the website under the title.

As for the Enochian page I would agree that they could be translated for historical purpose, for merely being part of the website, however it might be decided to get rid of them altogether in the future if they are outdated and of no use at all, ideally HP Cobra should be consulted in this regard as it is a lot to translate if the Enochian dictionary is considered as well.

Thanks will do :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back