Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Spotting a weak/debilitated mars

Shadowcat said:
BlackOnyx8 said:
Shadowcat said:
I knew I had a bad Mars, didn't realize how severe it was, I have many of these characteristics you mentioned. More karmic crap to deal with.
Thank you very much for this, very enlightening and helpful. The affirmation also sounds pretty good. I will use this sometime soon.

i am so glad this was of help to you :3
I messed up the Square so I had to do it again. Today was the last day and I came back here just to say that this worked great and had the expected effect. Thank you

BlackOnyx8 said:
Shadowcat said:
BlackOnyx8 said:
I knew I had a bad Mars, didn't realize how severe it was, I have many of these characteristics you mentioned. More karmic crap to deal with.
Thank you very much for this, very enlightening and helpful. The affirmation also sounds pretty good. I will use this sometime soon.

i am so glad this was of help to you :3
I messed up the Square so I had to do it again. Today was the last day and I came back here just to say that this worked great and had the expected effect. Thank you

Good to hear! :)

Shadowcat said:
Mars is where we put our energies, our sexuality, our way of expressing aggression, anger and risk taking. Along with the sun, Mars has a say in our vitality, self esteem and ego,(especially when pertaining to competition and sex) and rules the sacral chakra.

When mars is weakened and debilitated it can manifest in a variety of ways which can be seen in the chart as well. There are physical as well as mental and emotional manifestations and i have observed that some of these are different for the sexes.

General sings of debilitation: Since mars rules inflammation, flare ups and heat as well as also the teeth, general physical signs can manifest as: weak teeth that are prone to cavities or are brittle with weak enamel (this can also be a Saturn thing), becoming tired too quickly, rashes, especially acne, inflammatory arthritis.

The acne will often be hormonal based if it is a mars problem either from the ovaries in women or testes in men producing too much testosterone (women produce this in small amounts the way men do estrogen) Debilitated mars symptoms often show up as excess liver fire in relation to rashes and irritability. Impatience and impulsiveness will be very common and can get in the way of everyday life in several facets especially if:

-there are 2 or more fire planets or Aries is prominent

-Mars aspects or is the chart ruler. (and if this is the case much of the following can apply and even be more prominent than it would be otherwise)

If mars is your chart ruler and someone's Saturn aspects your chart ruler, especially at a very tight orb and in a conjunction this person may very possibly prove to be physically dangerous to you in some capacity

Especially if mars aspects a mid heaven or any planet that is in the 10th or 6th house and the mid heaven or that planet(s) are in Aries, one can be accident prone in the workplace especially with aspects to Uranus involved while mars is afflicted. this may show as cuts, burns or blunt force trauma and can occur often. The same can apply to the home environment or hobbies if mars or an afflicted planet by mars is in the 4th or 5th house. The 4th house can also indicate domestic violence especially with martian aspects to the moon, Saturn or Pluto or a combination of the three. There will often be a strong interest in careers or environments with iron working steel, and fire etc, with the above placements which will oftentimes easily physically manifest martian afflictions which can even be deadly depending on what house mars is placed. Mars in the 8th house specifically can give death or fatality by a workplace accident, dangerous hobby, or tragic events in the home, combined with any of the above aspects and placements. It can also mean an important man in your life IE brother, husband, father best friend, uncle etc, may die at sometime. Being conjunct Algol or another violent confrontational star can aggravate these matters as well as mars having aspects to Jupiter, which amplifies all aspects of mars for better or worse depending on other things in the chart. Mars in the 8th and or in Scorpio or Aries can give a very pronounced sex drive, interest in the occult and a knack for sex magick.

One may be confused about their sexuality with an afflicted or debilitated mars. Especially with mars in a sign that pushes for uniqueness and originality there can be unusual, kinky sexual tastes or fetishes especially if Venus aspects Uranus and/or is in Scorpio or also Aquarius. If mars is in a feminine sign especially water, this can give a somewhat feminine expression to ones sexuality, especially if the rest or a good part of the chart supports this. Vice versa goes for if mars is in a masculine IE fire or air sign.

A prominent mars or moderately strong mars for both sexes especially when aspecting the sun Pluto or Saturn can give a very strong personality for better or worse and a love of weapons and sports, surgical instruments and fire as well as military aptitude. People who are in prison for arson or other fire or weapon using/handling related offenses can have an influential afflicted mars and quite possibly on a bad degree. Mars in any detrimental degrees combined with debilitation, or even one of the two by their lonesome can strongly bring misfortune to the affairs of the house it is in by the things it rules over, including the affairs of houses of the other planets it may harshly aspect. this can be also amplified if those planets are already afflicted by Saturn or Neptune. Harsh aspects to mercury can make someone a complete douche bag.

For women specifically Because mars rules the sacral chakra a debilitated mars may show up as very bad PMS, (especially if there are harsh aspects to the moon or mercury) Excess testosterone which can cause a variety of problems, and general ailments of the ovaries. A prominent mars in general can give a masculine disposition and interests if other things in the chart support this, as well as a predisposition to having a lot of or sometimes exclusively male friends or acquaintances. Since mars rules the man in a woman's chart along with the sun, there can also be problems with the men in the woman's life chronically, especially with harsh aspects to Pluto or with Saturn to the sun. If any of these afflicted planets by mars are in the 7th or 9th houses this can be with partners, and with the 6th and 10th houses this can be with male coworkers or the father. Same counts for men here below

For men specifically Risk taking behavior can be heightened especially with aspects to Jupiter. This can be for women but the manifestation of this pattern is more so heightened in men due to higher testosterone in general. With a weakened mars there can be hangups about wondering if your are manly enough, and/or about your sexuality or its performance for your partner. Especially if your mars or Saturn afflicts your sun this can have a heavy bearing on your self esteem. There can be imbalances with testosterone in general as well on the low or high end. just like with women,There can be confrontations or violence with the father or other men especially if mars harshly aspects Saturn.

Mars is in Scorpio now and is transiting quite some harsh aspects to certain planets. If any of the above counts for you don't hesitate to start a mars square this coming Tuesday to strengthen its weak points and to allow it to manifest its energies in positive ways for you instead :). Especially since the moon is waning it is a good time for using a mars square to remove afflictions and debilitation mars may bring into your life. Keep in mind this working will most likely need to be repeated a number of times, along with cleaning. I have felt particular stability emotionally, especially around that special 4 week time among other positive manifestations. Not everything is 100 percent and there was even some minor flare ups, so something to be aware of.

I really have found this affirmation helpful " in a positive and healthy way for me i am now totally and completely free of all afflictions and bad manifestations of my natal mars in every way, now and forever. My natal mars is now only manifesting in positive and healthy ways for me now and forever"

TCM is also very good for working on the excess liver fire. Working to clean and empower the sacral chakra also along with the other charkas ruled by the planets mars might afflict or be afflicted by will help loosen things up. Runes or other planetary squares to supplement with the proper tailored affirmations come to mind. Do not be afraid to add to or critique this list :). Hope it helps.

Pretty accurate, especially about women with a strong mars making friends with guys and men having potential conflicted about their sexuality. Mars must be transiting my mars right now on that note. I haven’t checked but I’ve been pretty motivated lately. And slightly argumentative for fun.

This article has been revised and updated! Thank You to Backdragon666 for his help and input on Mars!

Mars is where we put our energies, our sexuality, and our way of expressing aggression, anger, and risk-taking. Along with the sun, Mars has a say in our vitality, self-esteem, and ego,(especially when pertaining to competition and sex) and rules the sacral chakra. It is responsible for our sense of adventure, how we fight and confront, our sex preferences( along with Venus, but with pure lust), How we function during arguments, and how we relate to men and vice versa. Mars rules, metal, welders, blacksmiths, and anything having to do with torches, fire, and along with Saturn, Construction, and blue-collar work.

If mars is your chart ruler and someone's Saturn aspects your chart ruler, especially at a very tight orb and in conjunction this person may very possibly prove to be physically dangerous to you in some capacity, or someone you end up getting in an altercation with that gets you into serious trouble.

General signs of debilitation or weakness:
When mars is weakened and debilitated it can manifest in a variety of ways which can be seen in the chart as well. There are physical as well as mental and emotional manifestations and I have observed that some of these are different for the sexes. It is weak in Libra and Taurus, and completely so in its fall, Cancer. Taurus however can make someone excel at manual labor and give much bodily strength. Problems with the affairs of the house cusps that have Aries or Scorpio may occur. Mars in Libra may be offset by other placements in the chart that give self-assuredness and fire, and can also manifest in more diplomatic self-expression. Shyness and weak expression can come from not only a weakened Mars but one that is being aspected by Neptune or Saturn. A weak or afflicted mars makes one either avoid confrontation to the extreme or hold anger inside, especially with Mars in Pisces or Cancer, or explode with violent anger at worst, If mars is in Aries or Leo, especially with more fire in the chart.

Physical signs can manifest as: Since mars rules inflammation, flare-ups and heat as well as also the teeth there can be weak teeth that are prone to cavities or are brittle with weak enamel (this can also be a Saturn thing), becoming tired too quickly, rashes, especially acne, inflammatory arthritis.
The acne will often be hormonally based if it is a mars problem either from the ovaries in women or testes in men producing too much testosterone (women produce this in small amounts the way men do estrogen) Debilitated mars symptoms often show up as excess liver fire in relation to rashes and irritability.

Behavioral and environmental manifestations:
Impatience and impulsiveness will be very common and can get in the way of everyday life in several facets, especially if:

-there are 2 or more fire planets or Aries is prominent

-Mars aspects or is the chart ruler. (and if this is the case much of the following can apply and even be more prominent than it would be otherwise)

Especially if mars aspects the midheaven or any planet that is in the 10th or 6th house and the mid heaven or that planet(s) are in Aries, one can be accident-prone in the workplace, especially with aspects to Uranus involved while mars is afflicted. Metalworkers or construction workers may be prone to accidents or burns specifically with an afflicted mars. Many coworkers whose charts I have read have a 1st house mars or prominent Saturn or Aries/Capricorn placements. Some of them have been in horrific accidents. this may show as cuts, burns, or blunt force trauma and can occur often. The same can apply to the home environment or hobbies if mars or an afflicted planet by mars is in the 4th or 5th house. The 4th house can also indicate domestic violence, especially with martian aspects to the moon, Saturn or Pluto, or a combination of the three. There will often be a strong interest in careers or environments with iron working steel, fire, etc, with the above placements which will oftentimes easily physically manifest martian afflictions which can even be deadly depending on what house mars is placed. Mars in the 8th house specifically can give death or fatality by a workplace accident, dangerous hobby, or tragic events in the home, combined with any of the above aspects and placements. It can also mean an important man in your life IE brother, husband, father best friend, uncle, etc, may die at some time. Being conjunct Algol or another violent confrontational star can aggravate these matters as well as mars being on a bad degree, or having aspects to Jupiter, which amplifies all aspects of mars for better or worse depending on other things in the chart. Mars in the 8th and or in Scorpio or Aries can give a very pronounced sex drive, interest in the occult, and a knack for sex magick.

One may be confused about their sexuality with an afflicted or debilitated mars. Especially with mars in a sign that pushes for uniqueness and originality there can be unusual, kinky sexual tastes or fetishes especially if Venus aspects Uranus and/or is in Scorpio or also Aquarius. If mars is in a feminine sign, especially water, this can give a somewhat feminine expression to one's sexuality, especially if the rest or a good part of the chart supports this. Vice versa goes for if mars is in a masculine IE fire or air sign.

A prominent mars or moderately strong mars for both sexes especially when aspecting the sun Pluto or Saturn can give a very strong personality for better or worse and love of weapons and sports, surgical instruments and fire as well as military aptitude. People who are in prison for arson or other fire or weapon using/handling related offenses can have an influential afflicted mars and quite possibly on a bad degree. Mars in any detrimental degree combined with debilitation, or even one of the two by their lonesome can strongly bring misfortune to the affairs of the house it is in by the things it rules over, including the affairs of houses of the other planets it may harshly aspect. this can be also amplified if those planets are already afflicted by Saturn or Neptune. Harsh aspects to mercury can make someone a complete douchebag.

For women specifically Because mars rules the sacral chakra debilitated mars may show up as very bad PMS, (especially if there are harsh aspects to the moon or mercury), excess testosterone that can cause a variety of problems, and general ailments of the ovaries. A prominent mars, in general, can give a masculine disposition and interests if other things in the chart support this, as well as a predisposition to having a lot of or sometimes exclusively male friends or acquaintances. Since mars rules the man in a woman's chart along with the sun, there can also be problems with the men in the woman's life chronically, especially with harsh aspects to Pluto or with Saturn to the sun. If any of these afflicted planets by mars are in the 7th or 9th houses this can be with partners, and with the 6th and 10th houses, this can be with male coworkers or the father. Same counts for men here below

For men specifically, risk-taking behavior can be heightened especially with aspects to Jupiter. This can be for women but the manifestation of this pattern is more so heightened in men due to higher testosterone in general. With weakened mars there can be hangups about wondering if you are manly enough, and/or about your sexuality or its performance for your partner. Especially if your mars or Saturn afflicts your sun this can have a heavy bearing on your self-esteem. There can be imbalances with testosterone in general as well on the low or high end. just like with women, There can be confrontations or violence with the father or other men especially if mars harshly aspects Saturn.

A mars square can be done to strengthen debilitated mars, but beware of affliction. Like for Saturn, Especially with this being the Lesser Malefic planet, be sure you are sufficiently cleaning and keeping up an aura of protection if you are going to do a mars square, especially a material one. Like a Saturn square, this can manifest some not-so-great things in connection to your chart if you have not done the proper removal workings. On another note, others may find a mars square helps sublimate some overt martian influences in the chart, albeit this is best with a spiritual square. Runes can also be used and might be better or safer in some cases, Namely kenaz or dagaz for sex drive, for empowering the sacral chakra, as well as Using a rune like ehwaz, which can help you be less confrontational and form proper bonds and alliances and to work diplomatically with others. Fire agate and red jasper are great for working with dagaz and kenaz as is fire opal and carnelian. These stones are also great in use for menstrual problems for women coupled with moonstone, both for mood and physical vitality that the cycle may cause to dip.

I really have found this affirmation helpful " in a positive and healthy way for me i am now totally and completely free of all afflictions and bad manifestations of my natal mars in every way, now and forever. My natal mars is now only manifesting in positive and healthy ways for me now and forever"

TCM is also very good for working on the excess liver fire. Working to clean and empower the sacral chakra also along with the other charkas ruled by the planets mars might afflict or be afflicted by will help loosen things up. Runes or other planetary squares to supplement with the properly tailored affirmations come to mind. Do not be afraid to add to or critique this list :). Hope it helps.

This is great that you are doing these, Shadowcat. When I have some time I will read through them and see if I can give any input (I've been super busy lately).

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=372995 time=1657282779 user_id=57]

This is great that you are doing these, Shadowcat. When I have some time I will read through them and see if I can give any input (I've been super busy lately).

Thank you Lydia :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back