Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What martial art should I go for?

Soul Wings

Hi everybody.
I've been confused about what martial art I should try to pursue, for various reasons. Just wanted to get some opinions if anyone has any advice. Would be appreciated!
a) lots of martial arts are bullshit and are not true (modern - guns knives etc) self defense despite being advertised as such.
b) being female and small, many martial arts are not so great because they assume you are equal of height or strength as your opponent.

I don't want to come off as rude or self important but there's a few reasons why I've been confused and selective.
I had a friend that was brown belt in Karate, but through watching her and lightly participating I found it was not for me because I did not like the flamboyance, regardless if there was "good" reason for it. If I want flappy pretty arm self discipline thingies that look cool, I'll do tai chi. I dunno I guess this was pretty discouraging.

I have found that a lot of principles of self defense classes these days rub me the wrong way. It's not like I want to go and punch somebody aggressively, but how am I truly going to know what a fight against another human being feels like if I can't even spar properly?

I have looked at BJJ, Taekwondo. I don't feel like BJJ (one of the most suggested martial arts for women's self defense) would be very useful as most of what they seem to teach are grapples/throws, and while that makes sense, I'm not gonna have time to wrap my body around someone and throw them when they'll stab me with a knife if I take a step forward. Not to mention I need momentum for that. Taekwondo seemed to me to be useful in a bare fisted punch fight but not much else, unless you have long legs for kicking. I do not.

One of the only martial art I've seriously considered learning (aside from simply boxing) is Krav Maga. Yes I see your concern. I am aware it is jewish in origin, and taught to Israeli special forces (lol fat lot of good that did) but it is one of the only martial arts I've looked at that has aspects of what I'm looking for. I have been told it's effective by multiple people (either have friends in military or are in security jobs). No bullshit, modern, effective and aggressive if necessary. However I am aware that anything the jewish touch is full of holes and falls apart, and usually stolen, hence why I am asking for advice here from you very knowledgeable folk.
from the wiki:
Ideas in Krav Maga include:
Simultaneous attack and defense
Developing physical aggression (not to be confused with emotional aggression or anger), with the view that physical aggression is the most important component in a fight
Continuing to strike the opponent until they are completely incapacitated.
Attacking pre-emptively or counterattacking as soon as possible
Using any objects at hand that could be used to hit an opponent.
Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points, such as: the eyes, neck or throat, face, solar plexus, groin, ribs, knee, foot, fingers, liver, etc.
Using simple and easily repeatable strikes.
Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, or objects that could be used to strike an opponent.
Developing muscle memory for quick reaction in fight.
Recognizing the importance of and expanding on instinctive response under stress
Anyway thanks for reading and any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Here an older post about krav maga and MMA stuff:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=120392#p120392

When i read that you're a small women i wanted to recommend you something like BJJ, judo or wing chun but if you dont want those too then.... there is one last secret technique named.... ''PEPPER SPRAY!!!''.

Weassel said:
PEPPER SPRAY
Exactly what I wanted to say.

If you really want an effective martial art, then go for a combination of Boxing and BJJ. But if you're little and small, there's not much you can do against someone who is really much bigger. If you're in the USA get yourself a carrying permit for a gun and learn to use it.

The post was quite interesting. Thank you for showing me. I see his point now. You can see I have that disdain towards traditional martial arts in my OP because of the intricateness of the disciplines. But now I see perhaps this is necessary, more necessary than I realised.
As for the suggestion. Thank you but weapons of any kind are illegal here in Australia.

Aquarius said:
But if you're little and small, there's not much you can do against someone who is really much bigger.
Yeah I've come to terms with this and I completely acknowledge it. Martial arts really would give me piece of mind though, probably as well some self discipline. I'll look more into it thank you for the suggestion. We live in an age where I cannot rely on others to help protect me, and truthfully I do not expect this of anyone. It is a dog eat dog world after all. I've seen stories of women who were black belts in karate just get robbed/shot anyway. This is not about overpowering big men/women. I just cannot have piece of mind going out alone or protecting my home and family when no weapons are allowed and police response time could be 10+ minutes or more, and I may not, or my family may not, have the chance to run away. I have security cameras but it takes a crim less than 30 seconds to kick down a door especially in a group.
Ah didn't expect my reply to be so long, I try not to worry about these things but thank you for your reply.

Soul Wings said:
If you can find a good Wing Chun Sifu, would be fantastic. Wing Chun may look ridiculous at first, but give it some years practice and you'll see what it can do. Also, if I remember correctly it was developed by a woman, it's meant for weaker people to be able to defend themselves. But you'll want to have a combination of anything you can have like it was suggested, when it comes to safety. If you can have a gun or some sort of legal weapon then that would be ideal for self defence. Use martial arts if they disarm you. Even a big and strong man can get beat by someone stronger. It's always good to have a backup plan. If pepper spray is illegal where you live or if like mine, it requires a license (that's not given to the common citizen) there are other legal alternatives for homemade pepper spray that you can make at home.

As for Krav Maga, I have practiced it when I took the security course (mandatory). I can say a few things about Krav Maga, first of all as soon as you enter the Dojo it is tradition to bow (the word Dojo does not belong to israeli filth by the way), the Dojo has an Israeli flag in the wall, which makes it subliminal to bow to Israel and the Jews, I suppose. Then, the whole system is stolen from all other arts, mostly Kung Fu and Jiujutsu as well as some boxing, from what I could tell. It may work against the average criminal, but if you encounter someone more skilled it definitely wont. Also, just imagine for a second how many Gentiles have died trying to remove guns and knives from the hands of the attackers, because in krav maga it looks very easy to do so.

Weassel said:

Thanks for sharing this article, very good

Try ninjitsu its got alot of discipline alot of stuff. On meditation in !
HAIL SATAN!!!!!

Try ninjitsu its got alot of discipline alot of stuff. On meditation in !
HAIL SATAN!!!!!

Just to point out due to all the Anti-FA/BLM bullshit a number of U.S. states have greatly eased knife restrictions and have reduced and or eliminated knife illegalities in places. I believe there was even a few states that put Knives as weapons for SYGA(Stand Your Ground Acts) in other words if you injure or kill a person with a knife it's akin to popping them with a pistol you stood you ground maimed or killed the person i.e. neutralized a threat even pointing a gun as a psychological weapon is similar. SYGAs are criminal and or civil liberties that absolve you of criminal and or civil act. So you can't get sued or in many cases criminally prosecuted for simply standing your ground and injuring/killing the person. There's a few states where basically crime is legal in as much the person injured or killed by non-SYGA states, they or their family can sue you and or bring criminal preceding unto your person. He was just robbing the house what is wrong with that? He did it, cool gangstah even and now we are suing you and putting crimes on you for hurting/killing our beloved gangstah. As you can see some places treat crime like a paradise for the criminal.

In the end funny enough from various tests and even Mythbusters even professional gun users would tell you use the distance of your gun/pistol to your advantage. If your 21 feet or closer the knife wins if you put distance and use the bullet range you'll be fine.

I don't want to recommend knives as there is martial arts involved in knife fighting but if you gotta use it, use it.

Sheer fact is martial arts seems like an exercise thing. Like a friend of mines said Muscles aren't fighting ability but strength and stamina wise your more capable. For example if you fight with a person and last 15 seconds before being worn out that is bad but if you last 2-3-4 minutes fighting that is good. I think in my personal opinion some of you guys are right Martial arts = art =/= actual combat. It seems to be martially trained you gotta be developed even Mike Tyson who is somewhat semi-retired active enough in certain times. He basically even at his age has had years and decades of physical body development. Remember muscle memory even if you stop exercising and body building the body remembers the remodulation of the physical vessel so a person who returns to exercising/bodybuilding does a full compound fitness regiment far faster and more effective than beginners gain.

I think in as much martial arts is to refine, ingrain, and learn alternative capacities. I think as a theorem there is validity but there is just so many that it begs questions. Seemingly begs the question of which is right for me or what is appropriate?

It seems to me like some of you guys are in areas whereby you need hit like a bullet. In the end except in as much fighting ability or trained body some people don't seem to ever find their martial artistry.

Someone suggested boxing that's the good all-arounder although more leaning towards full range boxing i.e. non-professional kicking boxing both hands and legs working. But I think the in at, is the boxing evasion. A lot of people have combined boxing evasion with martial arts or at least theorized moving around in boxing as a martial arts in of itself acclimated to other arts.

Again I think there is too many styles and too many things to keep track off probably one of the reasons many burn out or like for example you send a kid to martial arts and he's like a month later I don't want to do this. Perhaps there's even a Hitlerian love of combat, you gotta somehow develop the body and physically be grounded and a love for fighting to really appreciate your handiwork. As with any style I think it's an act of developing a love of the art rather than mechanically, robotically do stuff even if that IS an aspect of the love of said artistry.

From what I understand, Krav Maga as a "self defense" school is a scam. It's just something they do in the military to train soldiers to be able to attack aggressively rather than being in a defensive stance. It's actually difficult to learn how to be the one attacking (especially effectively) if you haven't ever done it before. It's about initiating the attacks instead of responding to attacks.

You'll find a school that resonates with you and your spiritual style if you keep looking. Most martial art schools train people for sport competitions rather than street fighting. If you want to specifically learn street fighting then you should have that goal in mind. As far as martial arts styles that could potentially translate to street fighting more easily, I would probably suggest looking into Muay Thai. It's a very explosive and aggressive fighting style that utilizes all of the limbs of the body, and has the philosophy that each limb is an actual weapon. Elbows, shins, everything is a weapon. It's big on clinching techniques.

You can carry around a collapsible baton, a taser, or a bullwhip (you could alternatively take off your belt and lash the perp). You can even carry around a sock filled with batteries or anything weighty as a bludgeoning weapon. Always be aware of what's in your environment as well because you can make use of a lot of improvised weapons. Glass, bricks, rocks. Everyone seems to forget that classic execution was just stoning people to death.

Oh and don't be afraid to go for the balls. If a man is threatening your safety and life then it's no holds barred, and they can forget about any notion of "honor." Other choice places are the knees (targeting the right spot in the leg will take them down), eyes, and jugular. If you can manage to slash the jugular then you can run away as soon as it's cut because they will bleed out before catching you.

This is all assuming you don't have the time to scream and summon help, or even call the cops. Always choose that option if your judgement tells you that you will be alive by the time they get there. Carrying around a whistle at all times in your purse or around your neck is also a good idea.

Obviously don't go around using these ideas on people who aren't endangering your life. If a man is trying to rape you and/or kill you then it's a very specific circumstance that calls for drastic measures to ensure your own survival.
If this still isn't enough of a disclaimer for legal purposes then feel free to disapprove the comment @mods. I'll understand.

Western and Japan-imported martial are really poor in content. This is because Western martial arts such as boxing and kick-boxing were created with xtard mindset. Xtard mindset breed nothing good or truly artistic/martial. Martial arts imported from Japan were imported when the Americans were illegally in Japan harassing them during WW2: Japanese master did not teach them anything of value. So, what we have in the west is, at most, incomplete, poor and of little use.

From my perspective, Chinese martial arts are the ones to have retained more of its rich culture and prowess. They are not only external but also external as they are supposed to be. Some RIGHTFULLY involve joints and fasciae preparation BEFORE starting any actual combat training, which is the proper way to go. This foundation stage is usually iron shirt/body or a variation of it.

This is obviously not true of all Chinese martial arts. Some are just for show and, in general, it is best to find a Chinese-born and raised master as most Western so-called masters are not psychologically qualified for training martial arts, due to xtart, new (c)age and buddhist brainwashing.

In general, a true martial art will have these two important points among many points to focus on:
:arrow: Calculated preparation (for both the mind and the body) as opposed to rushed preparation
:arrow: Slow and steady learning that leads to long-term (and sometimes lifelong) gains as opposed again to rushing through stages

Soul Wings said:
Hi everybody.
I've been confused about what martial art I should try to pursue, for various reasons. Just wanted to get some opinions if anyone has any advice. Would be appreciated!
a) lots of martial arts are bullshit and are not true (modern - guns knives etc) self defense despite being advertised as such.
b) being female and small, many martial arts are not so great because they assume you are equal of height or strength as your opponent.

I don't want to come off as rude or self important but there's a few reasons why I've been confused and selective.
I had a friend that was brown belt in Karate, but through watching her and lightly participating I found it was not for me because I did not like the flamboyance, regardless if there was "good" reason for it. If I want flappy pretty arm self discipline thingies that look cool, I'll do tai chi. I dunno I guess this was pretty discouraging.

I have found that a lot of principles of self defense classes these days rub me the wrong way. It's not like I want to go and punch somebody aggressively, but how am I truly going to know what a fight against another human being feels like if I can't even spar properly?

I have looked at BJJ, Taekwondo. I don't feel like BJJ (one of the most suggested martial arts for women's self defense) would be very useful as most of what they seem to teach are grapples/throws, and while that makes sense, I'm not gonna have time to wrap my body around someone and throw them when they'll stab me with a knife if I take a step forward. Not to mention I need momentum for that. Taekwondo seemed to me to be useful in a bare fisted punch fight but not much else, unless you have long legs for kicking. I do not.

One of the only martial art I've seriously considered learning (aside from simply boxing) is Krav Maga. Yes I see your concern. I am aware it is jewish in origin, and taught to Israeli special forces (lol fat lot of good that did) but it is one of the only martial arts I've looked at that has aspects of what I'm looking for. I have been told it's effective by multiple people (either have friends in military or are in security jobs). No bullshit, modern, effective and aggressive if necessary. However I am aware that anything the jewish touch is full of holes and falls apart, and usually stolen, hence why I am asking for advice here from you very knowledgeable folk.
from the wiki:
Ideas in Krav Maga include:
Simultaneous attack and defense
Developing physical aggression (not to be confused with emotional aggression or anger), with the view that physical aggression is the most important component in a fight
Continuing to strike the opponent until they are completely incapacitated.
Attacking pre-emptively or counterattacking as soon as possible
Using any objects at hand that could be used to hit an opponent.
Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points, such as: the eyes, neck or throat, face, solar plexus, groin, ribs, knee, foot, fingers, liver, etc.
Using simple and easily repeatable strikes.
Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, or objects that could be used to strike an opponent.
Developing muscle memory for quick reaction in fight.
Recognizing the importance of and expanding on instinctive response under stress
Anyway thanks for reading and any advice is welcome and appreciated.
Maybe try Penchak Silat?

What martial art you should go for largely depends upon what you are looking for. It sounds like you are looking more for self defense, in which case krav maga could be a good choice. The members of this forum will bash it because of its ties to jews, but if taught by a good instructor and a good gym you could learn lots. It has proven itself very useful for self defense.

The more important question you should ask is what gym. Often times the gym and instructor are more important than the martial art itself. Karate is an good martial art, but in most modern day gyms very watered down and thus useless. You want to find a gym with a good instructor and where you will actually learn to fight. You don't want a watered down/ exercise class, unless that is what you are looking for.

Find a gym that puts a lot of emphasis on sparring/actual practice. You want a gym where you are going to get punched, kicked, etc..... so you can actually learn something. You will never learn how to defend yourself or fight if you are never allowed to actually practice it.

With muay thai you can destroy bigger people with a single kick to the knee. Bjj you can submit bigger opponents but is difficult if they know what they are doing. Boxing is pretty good too. These three are probably the best. Never seen wing chun or krav work, hapkido or judo might work too joints are weak.
Been doing martial arts all my life

SATchives said:
With muay thai you can destroy bigger people with a single kick to the knee. Bjj you can submit bigger opponents but is difficult if they know what they are doing. Boxing is pretty good too. These three are probably the best. Never seen wing chun or krav work, hapkido or judo might work too joints are weak.
With common sense you can use one kick in the groin and remove yourself fast from the situation. :D

Crippler said:

This is just a reply for you, we do not accept flat-earthing and the related nonsense on our forum.

It has also been disproven beyond any doubt, and our HP's too have written sermons on how ridiculous it is multiple times.

This has no place on our forum and I suggest you gain some common sense and leave this flat earth idiocy behind.

Read the sermons and posts written about it to gain sense where you have none, and just generally understand reality on the level of an average 3 year old. Believing in a flat earth this day and age is beyond delusional.

Change or delete your profile picture and delete the stupid link in your bio while you're at it.

Hail Satan!

VoiceofEnki said:
Crippler said:

This is just a reply for you, we do not accept flat-earthing and the related nonsense on our forum.

It has also been disproven beyond any doubt, and our HP's too have written sermons on how ridiculous it is multiple times.

This has no place on our forum and I suggest you gain some common sense and leave this flat earth idiocy behind.

Read the sermons and posts written about it to gain sense where you have none, and just generally understand reality on the level of an average 3 year old. Believing in a flat earth this day and age is beyond delusional.

Change or delete your profile picture and delete the stupid link in your bio while you're at it.

Hail Satan!

Actually the basis of Flat-Earth is spiritual ignorance. If Gemtria is Geometry i.e. kosher hymie hustle stealing from the Greeks.

Then Geo = Earth, Metry= to count the Earth.

So in the occult if the Earth is considered not just flat and a square but also extruded into a cube and both are Earthly symbological count/magick aspect. Then Flat-Earth is simply spiritual ignorance literasized for stupid people to believe in such non-sense.

In essence it's to literalize spiritual concepts to create more ignorance and more stupidity out of people especially considering many spiritual or religiously fanatical in a bad way i.e. abrahamic commmunists believe in flat Earth.

If you believe Earth is flat that's a problem but if you believe the Earth in spiritual concepts is used in flat, square, and cubic ways and understand it's a spiritual allegory and understand the underlying occult reasons without bleeding into your physical aspect and physically understand the Earth is oblate it's more like an eggshell as a matter of fact in recent years various astronomers and mathematicians have stated the Earth is more egg shape to a degree than prominently round like a sphere even other planets have been calculated that on a technical level are not exactly the perfect round spheres we visually see them rather mathematically they seem to have some proportional difference like our own Earth.

Visibly they seem spherical but mathematically they constitute having differences.

VoiceofEnki said:
Crippler said:

Hail Satan!

If you don't like the truth that's fine. I didn't post the picture and link to convince you, I posted it for those who have the ability to think for themselves to do their own research. The globe earth has not only never been proven, it has been completely destroyed by the flat earth community time and time again. You can't have a globe without curve and the globers have never proven curvature in any capacity. The video I posted clearly proves that the earth is a flat, motionless plane, with a small local sun.

If you think you are so right I encourage you to sign up and debate........NathanOakley1980..........https://www.youtube.com/c/NathanOakley1980c/featured...... .....or you should shut up. The earth is not a spinning cannon ball flying through space and their is no real science that proves it. All real science shows that it is a flat motionless plane.

Looking foward to hearing your debate. :lol:

VoiceofEnki said:
Crippler said:

This is very simple, either you get your head out of your ass, or you are free to show yourself the door.

And we wonder how the jews succeded with their spiritual warfare until now.

Crippler , you turned me around. Flipped me , better said. Yeah..the earth is flat. I should be ashamed of thinking it wasn't flat. It always was on the edge of my mind, yet the revelation happened because of you.

Crippler: I found this theory that only existed ever since the Qu'ran was written, because it was inside of it and was another of before that. It must be legit!
Anyone with some knowledge of science and/or spiritual ability: Are you okay? Shall we remind you this is Satan's abode and not a pisslamic forum?
Crippler: No, I'm okay. *buries his head in the sand*

Meanwhile, an astral projector is eating astral popcorn and choking on them because of incessant laughing, before flying outside the planet and visiting Pegasus.

Can we now go back to martial arts?

Have you ever been at high altitude personally?

The curvature can be seen from about kilometer upwards...

Crippler said:
The video I posted clearly proves that the earth is a flat, motionless plane, with a small local sun.

It's not the first time people try to push this garbage in here.
I take it as a personal offense, you really try to convince an advanced community of Satanists about this bullshit?
Most likely this is a jewish test to check who are the most gullible members who will try to argue back, to target them and then later on (try) to smash them down in arguments.
I see with satisfaction trolling is every day harder here, thanks to the high-level guardian members we have, monitoring posts. Thank you brothers/sisters for your protection work, to other members!

Henu the Great said:
SATchives said:
With common sense you can use one kick in the groin and remove yourself fast from the situation. :D

I jump in this topic because I am looking to learn at least the basics of a martial arts, for self-defence and also for mind training.
I read Wing Chun is aimed for weaker people. My right arm and shoulder have a nervous problem that cannot be fixed, they work 50% but are quite weak and cannot lift heavy weights.
I need to build my physical confidence and I have trained my legs' muscles to be strong for this reason, while upper area of the body is weaker. I am looking for a martial art or self-defense technique that is centered on legs, rather than arms, unfortunately I have no knowledge of this.

Engineered Trasformation said:
Henu the Great said:
SATchives said:

I jump in this topic because I am looking to learn at least the basics of a martial arts, for self-defence and also for mind training.
I read Wing Chun is aimed for weaker people. My right arm and shoulder have a nervous problem that cannot be fixed, they work 50% but are quite weak and cannot lift heavy weights.
I need to build my physical confidence and I have trained my legs' muscles to be strong for this reason, while upper area of the body is weaker. I am looking for a martial art or self-defense technique that is centered on legs, rather than arms, unfortunately I have no knowledge of this.
What size in length are your legs in porpotion to other parts of your body? This matters alot since your physical reach is important. It makes not much sense to bulk up the legs if other areas of your maneuverability suffer from that.

Other than that, I would say prevention beats the cure. So if your upper body is 50% disabled from one side, then it is best to avoid head on confrontation for as long as possible since fighting requires upper body movements, thus your upper body abilities. Since your left side is okay, then that would mean that you should use movements in such a manner that you "hide" your right side in combat and prioritize movements so that you can rely on you strengths while ignoring your weakness. Easier said than done, I know...

I can not recommend anything specific. I would in stead advise you to investigate and experiment with an open mind, and come to conclusions on your own.

Henu the Great said:
What size in length are your legs in porpotion to other parts of your body? This matters alot since your physical reach is important. It makes not much sense to bulk up the legs if other areas of your maneuverability suffer from that.

Let's say my leg ankle-hip is 100, in proportion hip to head (top) is 80 and arm length is 125 (fingers top to shoulder)

Henu the Great said:
Other than that, I would say prevention beats the cure. So if your upper body is 50% disabled from one side, then it is best to avoid head on confrontation for as long as possible since fighting requires upper body movements, thus your upper body abilities. Since your left side is okay, then that would mean that you should use movements in such a manner that you "hide" your right side in combat and prioritize movements so that you can rely on you strengths while ignoring your weakness. Easier said than done, I know...

Fully agree, this is what I was wondering about.

I am Japanese and I practiced martial arts as a teenager. Nihon Kempo (a martial art used by the Japanese Self-Defense Forces), Judo, Jujitsu, and Kendo. I was young and I wanted to protect myself and what I cared about. But eventually I came to see that there was no point in fighting physically and hurting each other.

Generally speaking, a woman cannot defeat a man, a small person cannot defeat a large person, and an old person cannot defeat a young person. Furthermore, one person cannot take on many, and a person with nothing can't beat a person with weapons and tools. That cannot usually be overridden by physical techniques.

In old Japan, there was a master swordsman who was said to be undefeated for his entire life. The meaning of "undefeated" is that he fought and survived. His name was Musashi Miyamoto. In his later years, he followed the path of Zen instead of the sword. Zen is a spiritual (mental) path that includes meditation.

However, that doesn't mean that martial arts are without meaning. One of the lesser known purposes of martial arts is to control fear. It is about training the mind to correctly assess a situation and take the best possible action. That includes retreating without fighting.

Martial arts activates the lower chakras involved in fighting and survival. The energy increased mainly in the sacral chakra is directed to the arms and legs. Practicing punches and kicks involves practicing breathing techniques without being aware of it. Also, imagining yourself and your opponent (shadow boxing) is a visualization training. In other words, martial arts training is very similar to spiritual training.

I know only Japanese martial arts, but probably the same is Chinese martial arts.

OwltheD said:
Martial arts activates the lower chakras involved in fighting and survival. The energy increased mainly in the sacral chakra is directed to the arms and legs.
Thank you for your testimony. Would you care to elaborate on the highlighted statement?
Whenever I am about to get engaged into a conflict that may or may not end up in an actual fight. I always feel a huge pressure in my base/sacral area, sometimes in the heart. Is this what you are talking about? I always thought it had something to do with fear of the outcome and whether it ends up being an actual fight for survival or not. Do you know of a way to speed up the overcoming of this? I am hoping that improving my Natal Mars will work in this as well, as it deals with courage. But I was wondering if there was something else I could do besides getting back to Martial Arts which at the moment I really don't have the time to do so.

BlackOnyx8 said:
OwltheD said:
Martial arts activates the lower chakras involved in fighting and survival. The energy increased mainly in the sacral chakra is directed to the arms and legs.
Thank you for your testimony. Would you care to elaborate on the highlighted statement?
Whenever I am about to get engaged into a conflict that may or may not end up in an actual fight. I always feel a huge pressure in my base/sacral area, sometimes in the heart. Is this what you are talking about? I always thought it had something to do with fear of the outcome and whether it ends up being an actual fight for survival or not. Do you know of a way to speed up the overcoming of this? I am hoping that improving my Natal Mars will work in this as well, as it deals with courage. But I was wondering if there was something else I could do besides getting back to Martial Arts which at the moment I really don't have the time to do so.

Traditionally, in Japanese martial arts, the "lower abdomen" is emphasized. This area is called "Tanden". Tanden is located in the center of the body, below the navel, which is the location of the second chakra. In martial arts, both punches and kicks are trained to move around this point as the center or axis. This is the center of gravity that keeps the body balanced. The posture of standing with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and center of gravity lowered is seen in all martial arts and sports. From this posture, the body is twisted to release a punch or kick. This is what I mean by directing energy from the second chakra to the arms and legs.

Now, if you find yourself in a situation where you have to fight, your adrenal glands release adrenaline, your heart rate increases, and your muscles contract to protect your body. At the same time, our thoughts stop.This is the state of chi (energy) being drained from the Tanden (second chakra). Adrenaline relieves fear, but it does not control it. In martial arts, by bringing this chi back to the Tanden, we regain calmness and control of the body.

To put it simply, it is accomplished by focusing on the lower abdomen. So, I realized that strengthening the inner muscles of the abdomen and the Archer Pose in yoga have the same effect. When I extend my index finger forward in Archer Pose, I can feel the energy leaving my fingertips.

OwltheD said:
BlackOnyx8 said:
OwltheD said:

Traditionally, in Japanese martial arts, the "lower abdomen" is emphasized. This area is called "Tanden". Tanden is located in the center of the body, below the navel, which is the location of the second chakra. In martial arts, both punches and kicks are trained to move around this point as the center or axis. This is the center of gravity that keeps the body balanced. The posture of standing with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and center of gravity lowered is seen in all martial arts and sports. From this posture, the body is twisted to release a punch or kick. This is what I mean by directing energy from the second chakra to the arms and legs.

Now, if you find yourself in a situation where you have to fight, your adrenal glands release adrenaline, your heart rate increases, and your muscles contract to protect your body. At the same time, our thoughts stop.This is the state of chi (energy) being drained from the Tanden (second chakra). Adrenaline relieves fear, but it does not control it. In martial arts, by bringing this chi back to the Tanden, we regain calmness and control of the body.

To put it simply, it is accomplished by focusing on the lower abdomen. So, I realized that strengthening the inner muscles of the abdomen and the Archer Pose in yoga have the same effect. When I extend my index finger forward in Archer Pose, I can feel the energy leaving my fingertips.
Interesting, I'll work on that. Due to the nature of my profession, I have to run towards danger, rather than the opposite. And due to my astrological configurations (weak mars etc), this means that I am not really the person best suited for this job, however, being in such situations, forces me to overcome my own limitations. I have to create courage where sometimes there is none, and am forced to dominate fear and the barriers in my own mind. When the thoughts stop, like you mentioned. I will take your advice and work on these things. Thank you

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back