Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Any good solution against alcoholism?

EasternFireLion666

It's not for me, but for a relative. Sorry for posting here instead of the health group, but it has better visibility.

If there weren't closer relatives to me that have to take care of that person with this stupid behavior I wouldn't even ask this. The thing is this person has a weak pancreas due to drinking in his youth and even a little alcohol makes him very sick, not to mention a whole bottle of either wine or worse a stiff drink.

To be more specific I am interested if anyone knows something that cuts the dependence. He knows perfectly well that if he drinks even a little he ends up in the hospital. Used to at least, because now they only take you in for Covid. For example insulin is used in diabetes to cut the dependence of sugar. I am trying to research for something that cuts this dependence for alcohol. He takes some pills for this, but they are not that effective I see.

I am trying to research the same thing and come up to post here in case I find something really good. Maybe others have this problem as well for them or someone close and some info would be useful.

Central Force talked about this before. That there is an herb that can help with this.

Centralforce666 said:
Funnily enough, there is a cold and pungent herb, Ge Gen or Pueraria (kudzu vine root) which can stop alcohol poisoning and even the effects of alcohol by reversing the thermal temperature and expelling the toxin.
Centralforce666 said:
Anything with a high sugar content in the fermentation process is likely to have dampness in addition to heat, thus the analogy of mead and cider as comparable to wine and beer is appropriate.

Sadly, I don't subscribe to the methodology of doing whatever sells the best, despite the apparent market for it. I will say though that Ge Gen stops any further oxidation of ethanol to acetaldehyde in the mitochondria but cannot reverse the effects of acetaldehyde which has already exerted its toxic effect and subsequently been metabolised or excreted. Therefore the hangover is dependent on how soon after the commencement of drinking Ge Gen is administrated, bearing in mind that alcohol reaches peak plasma concentration significantly after being ingested and continues to be oxidised to acetaldehyde for some time thereafter.

The herb stops the current and future conversion but cannot undo the effects of what has already passed through the system.

Using it to save the life of a person suffering from severe alcohol poisoning on the other hand seems worthwhile.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back