Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Burning sigils

Seby

I have drawn sigils of the Gods on paper. In case the paper gets ruined and the sigil is in a terrible state, should I burn these sigils? Same thing if I want to avoid happening something bad to the sigils. Is it disrespectful?
I also have written on small pieces of paper the name of the Gods because I used them in a ritual. It was a ritual to find my guardian demon in which I had to put the pieces of paper on a circle. It was when I was still new and didn't know that circles were disrespectful and used in binding. I keep these pieces of paper in a small bag, is this also binding?
Would burning the pieces of paper, for the same reason, also be wrong?

How many times are you going to ask the same question?
I've already answered you here: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49995&p=219787#p219787

For this, I find myself drawn to bring up the United States Flag Code.

-------------
According to the U.S. Flag Code, “The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.”
-------------

A flag burning is not only for desecration / a symbolic middle-finger to the group or country the flag represents. If done properly, it can be done as a solemn, honourable thing. Think a funeral cremation. Done with respect, and reverence. Not as an insult.

Coraxo said:
I've already answered you here: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49995&p=219787#p219787
It was not a good answer and my question is not the same.

Coraxo said:

topoftheabyss said:

xDD

Even I remembered your comment on his other post about the same question xD

Yeah never burn sigils kids, never.

Quote from the JoS:
„ ALWAYS treat this paper/sigil with extreme respect and NEVER burn it! The sigil can be reused.“

Source: https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/DEMONOLATRY.html

1. read the JoS. (It is pretty hidden tho)
2. listen to your older siblings if they tell you what you shouldn’t do and what you could do
3. use common sense, would a patriot burn an american flag? Nope. Should we burn the Sigils of our beloved gods? HELL NO!

I also told you this: just buy a damn folder and keep them there. What is so hard about it, to keep them, and treat them with respect?

NinRick said:

I decided, out of curiosity, to read the other forum topic on the subject. Seems to me that they had been wondering "proper hiding and storage" in that topic. Not disposal.

Now, while I heavily discourage disposal of a sigil in general circumstances, the wording presented in this topic makes me think TopoftheAbyss considers the sigils unservicable, rendered "damaged beyond recovery."
In case the paper gets ruined and the sigil is in a terrible state, should I burn these sigils?
also,
in which I had to put the pieces of paper on a circle. It was when I was still new and didn't know that circles were disrespectful and used in binding.

I do not approve of destruction of sigils in 90% of circumstances, but if they are unrecognizable, or exceedingly damaged, or surrounded by a circle, which is indeed also excessively insulting to the Gods, it seems to me, at least, that some manner of disposal is preferable. Of course to be immediately followed up with re-drawing, better protective measures being taken (perhaps laminating?), and vigorous apologies for carelessness.

As for flag-burning, and as an American patriot my ownself---- 4 U.S. Code § 8 (k) states as follows: "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning." However, burning a flag can still be extremely disrespectful, so definitely is not for everyday circumstances. Disposal in such a manner should be considered a somber, reverent affair, not one of joy and dancing.

Tyliron said:
I decided, out of curiosity, to read the other forum topic on the subject. Seems to me that they had been wondering "proper hiding and storage" in that topic. Not disposal.

Now, while I heavily discourage disposal of a sigil in general circumstances, the wording presented in this topic makes me think TopoftheAbyss considers the sigils unservicable, rendered "damaged beyond recovery."
In case the paper gets ruined and the sigil is in a terrible state, should I burn these sigils?[m

Coraxo said:
The only respectful way to get rid of a sigil is to bury them in a clean place, like in a forest away from direct source of pollution instead of a park where dogs shit and drunk people piss etc..

Meanwhile you can hide them in a book or in a photo frame behind the photo until you get a chance to bury them.

Coraxo told him how to dispose the sigils of our beloved Gods in the „best“ manner.

Also if there are circles around, don’t you have a pair of scissors?

NinRick said:

I suppose this is where personal thoughts and views on the matter come into play. I've never been a fan of burial. Even if in the centre of a forest, without the follies that arise from modern city life, there are still forest animals relieving themselves, curious critters digging around for a snack, worms digging around in the soil, and more.
To that, I don't think we're going to get agreement on. TopoftheAbyss has put themselves (unintentionally) into a situation where there is no right choice for him/her here, is my assessment on the matter.

You make a good point though about the scissors, or perhaps a box-cutter. Some sort of cutting implement to remove the circle.
----
TopoftheAbyss said:
Seriously though, OP, lamination and much more caution to be taken next time. It is lamentable that you live with someone who is quite possibly repressive, but while riding your ass will serve nothing here, do your damnedest to avoid getting yourself put in such an awkward position in the future, yes?

The paper page with my odal sol oss runes is ruined. Should I throw it away and make another one or should I keep it maybe it has energy in it?
Should I burn this or what?

TopoftheAbyss said:
The paper page with my odal sol oss runes is ruined. Should I throw it away and make another one or should I keep it maybe it has energy in it?
You can make another one. You can carve it in a small piece of wood so it won't get damaged again.

TopoftheAbyss said:

Just bury them in soil somewhere safe like at home.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back