Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

A Helpful Tip

NameHere

Hi there!!

This isn't a question or seeking help post, no, this post is to help.

I have found that if you use a piece of clean cloth or paper towel or any other clean material to bandage your wound and tie it up with a string, it can replace a bandage if you do not have it on hand!

It really works, tried it out myself!!
Hopefully this might help someone out there in time of need!

Hail Satan! Hail Andras! Hail Phoenix!

NameHere said:
Hi there!!

This isn't a question or seeking help post, no, this post is to help.

I have found that if you use a piece of clean cloth or paper towel or any other clean material to bandage your wound and tie it up with a string, it can replace a bandage if you do not have it on hand!

It really works, tried it out myself!!
Hopefully this might help someone out there in time of need!

Hail Satan! Hail Andras! Hail Phoenix!

Thanks for that..

This would be useful if you had no other option but there's two things to consider before doing so:

A) the sterility of the cloth you're using. If you're using paper towel that's stored in the kitchen and is often used to clean dirty hands or surfaces, there's a high chance that this is not sterile. This is probably fine in most instances but larger wounds or wounds on people with poor circulation or compromised immune systems can quickly and easily develop life threatening infections in the blood from using non sterile dressings on an open wound.

B) the shedding quality of the material. Some materials easily shed strands and fibres which can get lodged in wounds and produce a greater likelihood of infection. If you rub a sample of the type of cloth over another fabric (like your clothing) and it leaves behind lint or other parts of itself, it is probably not useful for this application.

Further to this, using string is fine as long as it's not too tight. This could restrict circulation and lead to poor or prolonged healing or a reduced immune cell propagation to the wound site thus increasimg the risk of infection.

Can't find any cloth?

Find a metal and heat it. Then cauterize the wound.

(This is a real medical solution but don't use something like this until you have no other choice. This can save your life but a cauterized wound doesn't disappear for a long time and it will give you pain like no other.)

Enjoy your edgy healing process.

Centralforce666 said:

Thanks for that..

This would be useful if you had no other option but there's two things to consider before doing so:

A) the sterility of the cloth you're using. If you're using paper towel that's stored in the kitchen and is often used to clean dirty hands or surfaces, there's a high chance that this is not sterile. This is probably fine in most instances but larger wounds or wounds on people with poor circulation or compromised immune systems can quickly and easily develop life threatening infections in the blood from using non sterile dressings on an open wound.

B) the shedding quality of the material. Some materials easily shed strands and fibres which can get lodged in wounds and produce a greater likelihood of infection. If you rub a sample of the type of cloth over another fabric (like your clothing) and it leaves behind lint or other parts of itself, it is probably not useful for this application.

Further to this, using string is fine as long as it's not too tight. This could restrict circulation and lead to poor or prolonged healing or a reduced immune cell propagation to the wound site thus increasimg the risk of infection.

Very informative, thank you!!
I did not think about this..

Hail Satan!!

Hermit of 13 Swords said:
Can't find any cloth?

Find a metal and heat it. Then cauterize the wound.

(This is a real medical solution but don't use something like this until you have no other choice. This can save your life but a cauterized wound doesn't disappear for a long time and it will give you pain like no other.)

Enjoy your edgy healing process.

Very helpful!! I've seen something like this being used in adult cartoons and movies, but never gave it thought.

Thanks!!

Hail Satan!!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back