Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Why eat?

AlexElPM

Why we need to eat? It's just sounds like that we need to supplement ourselves. In itself, it's something perishable. At some point, if we are not cautious, the food will eventually be consumed completely.

What do you all think about that?

AlexElPM said:
Why we need to eat? It's just sounds like that we need to supplement ourselves. In itself, it's something perishable. At some point, if we are not cautious, the food will eventually be consumed completely.

I thought of the potential theory that Godhead would eliminate the need for food consumption in order to survive. I think that either this is the case, or that food will still be needed but just in way smaller amounts. Perhaps both apply, and it goes from needing a bit of food, to needing none at all, as the individual becomes more and more powerful/advanced. The same thing could be theorized on sleep. The most reasonable theory I can think of is that they wouldn't be "needed" anymore, but could still be done for the sake of enjoyment, and perhaps as a way of generating more energy faster.

Though those are just theories. Godhead is an extremely advanced concept and as such can be difficult to theorize about by people who are still far away from attaining it.

Shael said:
AlexElPM said:

I thought of the potential theory that Godhead would eliminate the need for food consumption in order to survive. I think that either this is the case, or that food will still be needed but just in way smaller amounts. Perhaps both apply, and it goes from needing a bit of food, to needing none at all, as the individual becomes more and more powerful/advanced. The same thing could be theorized on sleep. The most reasonable theory I can think of is that they wouldn't be "needed" anymore, but could still be done for the sake of enjoyment, and perhaps as a way of generating more energy faster.

Though those are just theories. Godhead is an extremely advanced concept and as such can be difficult to theorize about by people who are still far away from attaining it.
On the old forums HP Cobra I believe said that the Gods do indeed eat.

Jack said:
Ol argedco luciftias said:
You ever have a Biology class? I think you should, and pay attention.
Brutal
How? That was the most polite way I could think to say it. I wanted to write something different at first, but I thought it would get denied for being off topic. Just think of how every cell in your whole body, every physical and chemical process that happen, everything within the little parts of each cell and the interactions between all of them, everything is all dependent on food. Everything is completely dependent on a constant, or basically constant, stream of macro and micro nutrients coming in to rebuild things, get converted into other things, used up, and everything else.

Asking why people should eat, okay then. Try to go for a year without eating anything and see what happens, but one way or another, you won't last a whole year.

Our Gods do eat, they have feasts, and food is nothing bad. It's very good. Do not engage in these strange thoughts, as the physical body requires physical maintenance and food, for the chemical and all bonds to be kept together. Food consumption may change from person to person and from type of body to type of body, to necessity of food etc.

Food is great. In Ancient Greek, the notion of Food is related to the notion of Light, or the spiritual light, as both these provide nourishment, one materially, the other spiritually. As the soul has to be fed, so does the body, and food is not an impediment, but a joy, both to the senses and to the body. Food is also precious and this is why grain and other important life things were 'sacrificed' or burnt as incense to the Gods, to show honor and to partake in them.

It is not more dignified to not eat. Even the most deplorable forms of life, like the greys, do require a form of nutrition, which in their case is feeding liquids like living gasoline from the skin, which is thoroughly disgusting.

Jack said:
Brutal
How? That was the most polite way I could think to say it. I wanted to write something different at first, but I thought it would get denied for being off topic. Just think of how every cell in your whole body, every physical and chemical process that happen, everything within the little parts of each cell and the interactions between all of them, everything is all dependent on food. Everything is completely dependent on a constant, or basically constant, stream of macro and micro nutrients coming in to rebuild things, get converted into other things, used up, and everything else.

Asking why people should eat, okay then. Try to go for a year without eating anything and see what happens, but one way or another, you won't last a whole year.
Well it was sort of funny

Jack said:
Brutal

I wasn't asking about the specific biological process that occurs when you're eating. I was asking for the concept itself: you are introducing something external inside of you, which is apparently necessary for you to exist (there's a dependence).

Moreover, I wasn't blaspheming the food, or denying it. My doubts have been clarified.

If one considers food, water, or breathing a form of "dependence", this shows a warped set of conditions on which one understands these, and not a wrong on the behalf of the reality of things.

Freedom is not "to not depend" in this case.

AlexElPM said:
Jack said:
. .

I wasn't asking about the specific biological process that occurs when you're eating. I was asking for the concept itself: you are introducing something external inside of you, which is apparently necessary for you to exist (there's a dependence).

Moreover, I wasn't blaspheming the food, or denying it. My doubts have been clarified.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
If one considers food, water, or breathing a form of "dependence", this shows a warped set of conditions on which one understands these, and not a wrong on the behalf of the reality of things.

Freedom is not "to not depend" in this case.

Despite how silly this sounds. What if around my younger elementary(pre-3rd grade area and a few times over the later years) era self I used to state a lot to my parents when they asked me. I hate food, I hate water, and I hate breathing.

What kind of person was I to state those silly things?

In fact it probably affects me now a days as I don't really feel like I eat right, nor well, nor much. Funny how my childhood is returning to me.

AlexElPM said:

The answere is really simple.
How any plant survive? With solari emerge and water.
How world living?with organismo cleaner the surfice and absorb external energy o something.
The game is our body;when we move or do something o any action we use energy,we need eat energy for charge our energy or we die.
Now you think we can't absorb only solar energy for survive? No our body is really complicated and the energy we use is more type of energy,example we need air for give oxygen at our cells and we need energy taked by eat to other cells.
You can think your body is car,you nerd oil water petrol or something,Tata sale our body we need food for invigorate our body

Now, now Olie( yes I saw what fancy called you. Hope you don't mind) be nice. I can see what he is coming from. Fluctuations can arise with this. Take in considerations about Kundalini, when it rises. You'll eat more or less. It depends. There is no set in stone discrepancies about that. However I'll agree with you that from a biological standpoint there is the need to survive, in the term of eating or being eaten in natural respects. :geek:

Ramier108666 said:
Now, now Olie( yes I saw what fancy called you. Hope you don't mind) be nice. I can see what he is coming from. Fluctuations can arise with this. Take in considerations about Kundalini, when it rises. You'll eat more or less. It depends. There is no set in stone discrepancies about that. However I'll agree with you that from a biological standpoint there is the need to survive, in the term of eating or being eaten in natural respects. :geek:
I was being nice. And I did pay real close attention in Biology class. That's why I know why you need food! :lol: There's trillions of little things in your body that always need new fresh nutrients to keep them all going.

Planet of Liberty said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Our Gods do eat, they have feasts, and food is nothing bad. It's very good. Do not engage in these strange thoughts, as the physical body requires physical maintenance and food, for the chemical and all bonds to be kept together. Food consumption may change from person to person and from type of body to type of body, to necessity of food etc.

Food is great. In Ancient Greek, the notion of Food is related to the notion of Light, or the spiritual light, as both these provide nourishment, one materially, the other spiritually. As the soul has to be fed, so does the body, and food is not an impediment, but a joy, both to the senses and to the body. Food is also precious and this is why grain and other important life things were 'sacrificed' or burnt as incense to the Gods, to show honor and to partake in them.

It is not more dignified to not eat. Even the most deplorable forms of life, like the greys, do require a form of nutrition, which in their case is feeding liquids like living gasoline from the skin, which is thoroughly disgusting.
HP. Hoodedcobra666, If I can ask you a question? Also sleep is necessary?
I like eating... i hate sleeping!
Sleep is CRUCIAL!!!!!!!
Seriously i asked the same question long back.
Sleep . Meditate . Exercise. Yoga.
And if its bad quality sleep making you sleep more then this does reduce .

Planet of Liberty said:
Usthepeople666 said:
Planet of Liberty said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666, If I can ask you a question? Also sleep is necessary?
I like eating... i hate sleeping!
Sleep is CRUCIAL!!!!!!!
Seriously i asked the same question long back.
Sleep . Meditate . Exercise. Yoga.
And if its bad quality sleep making you sleep more then this does reduce .
I know that you have to sleep. I meant even if you become a god do you have to sleep the same?
Just ask your GD

Planet of Liberty said:
I meant even if you become a god do you have to sleep the same?
Not the same, but some form of sleep is necessary as far as I know. Though it may be more like a deep trance state instead of sleep, also. Just to rejuvenate the mind and body.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back