Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meaning of the nodes

Aleksandre said:
Hello. What is the meaning of the north and the south node???

North Node is the direction you are headed towards. The self-development you must master in this life, and fated or karmic events you must overcome in order to grow. For example, a person with North Node in 9th is meant to question the flaws of their religious upbringing, and seek truth by their own means (research, or joining a different religion, etc.). Or they can also be bound to overcome prejudices about the world, and go explore other countries and cultures.

The South Node is what the soul has already mastered. But it also represents gifts and curses that follow from past lives into the current lifetime. Self-development in regards to South Node also involves embracing talents and recognizing inherent flaws within yourself. You must outgrow personal flaws and improve from any failings. A South Node in 11th House, for example, can mean someone is great at socializing, but they may not be aware of what others dislike about them. So they must develop the 5th House North Node by learning self-love and gain self-awareness in their romantic and casual encounters.

Think of it simply as the North Node in a sign and house, is how and in which areas of life, you grow as a person. While the South Node in a sign and house, is how and which areas of life are easily granted to you, but also have a "catch-22" (a condition or obstacle or how you are stuck).

DreamWeaver said:
Aleksandre said:
Hello. What is the meaning of the north and the south node???

North Node is the direction you are headed towards. The self-development you must master in this life, and fated or karmic events you must overcome in order to grow. For example, a person with North Node in 9th is meant to question the flaws of their religious upbringing, and seek truth by their own means (research, or joining a different religion, etc.). Or they can also be bound to overcome prejudices about the world, and go explore other countries and cultures.

The South Node is what the soul has already mastered. But it also represents gifts and curses that follow from past lives into the current lifetime. Self-development in regards to South Node also involves embracing talents and recognizing inherent flaws within yourself. You must outgrow personal flaws and improve from any failings. A South Node in 11th House, for example, can mean someone is great at socializing, but they may not be aware of what others dislike about them. So they must develop the 5th House North Node by learning self-love and gain self-awareness in their romantic and casual encounters.

Think of it simply as the North Node in a sign and house, is how and in which areas of life, you grow as a person. While the South Node in a sign and house, is how and which areas of life are easily granted to you, but also have a "catch-22" (a condition or obstacle or how you are stuck).

And what about the North node in the 2th house, in this live I should learn to...make money? :roll:

Quel_tizio said:
And what about the North node in the 2th house, in this live I should learn to...make money? :roll:

(Not sure what's with the eyeroll.) North Node in 2nd can be about that. But it is more about learning to be independent and how to better manage your resources (money, possessions and the like).

South Node in 8th, you are moving away from depending on others' resources, or overcoming fears of lacking. It is an axis of self-empowerment versus having some luck (good or bad) in how you financially manage.

The 2nd house is also self-esteem and social values. So if you feel you always had it better than most, materially speaking, then your journey has involved gaining more self-confidence in how you manage life matters altogether.

DreamWeaver said:
Quel_tizio said:

(Not sure what's with the eyeroll.) North Node in 2nd can be about that. But it is more about learning to be independent and how to better manage your resources (money, possessions and the like).

South Node in 8th, you are moving away from depending on others' resources, or overcoming fears of lacking. It is an axis of self-empowerment versus having some luck (good or bad) in how you financially manage.

The 2nd house is also self-esteem and social values. So if you feel you always had it better than most, materially speaking, then your journey has involved gaining more self-confidence in how you manage life matters altogether.
The eyeroll was just an "upset" emoji, i didnt mean to be rude.

Btw thanks for the answer, I always check this forum but it's pretty much inactive, so thanks to bring some knowledg.

DreamWeaver said:
Quel_tizio said:

Suppose your north/south axis was in the 8th and 2nd house, but they were in taurus and scorpio respectively. How would you interpret that? Do they cancel each other out?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back